BODACIOUS BROCCOLI SALAD
This recipe is requested at every family gathering. Let it be your next dish that they crave! I like this dish to be prepared at least two hours before serving. Be sure to have copies of the recipe on hand, as everyone will ask for it!
Provided by Cassandra Kennedy
Number Of Ingredients 10
- Place bacon in a large, deep skillet. Cook over medium high heat until evenly brown. Drain, and crumble.
- In a large bowl, combine broccoli, cheese, bacon and onion.
- Prepare the dressing in a small bowl by whisking together the red wine vinegar, sugar, pepper, salt, mayonnaise and lemon juice. Combine dressing with salad. Cover, and refrigerate until ready to serve.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 272.7 calories, Carbohydrate 7.3 g, Cholesterol 35.4 mg, Fat 24 g, Fiber 1.5 g, Protein 8.1 g, SaturatedFat 7.9 g, Sodium 542.7 mg, Sugar 3.4 g
RED BROCCOLI SALAD
- Place bacon in a large skillet. Cook, turning frequently, over medium high heat until evenly browned. Cool, and then crumble.
- Preheat oven to 300 degrees F (150 degrees C). Spread slivered almonds on a cookie sheet. Bake for approximately 12 to 14 minutes or until lightly browned, turning once during toasting. Cool.
- In a small bowl, mix together mayonnaise, sugar, and vinegar. Set aside.
- In a large bowl, combine broccoli, crumbled bacon, celery, green onions, red onions, grapes, and toasted almonds. Toss with mayonnaise dressing. Chill for several hours in the refrigerator.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 382.4 calories, Carbohydrate 13.7 g, Cholesterol 37.5 mg, Fat 31.2 g, Fiber 1.9 g, Protein 12.9 g, SaturatedFat 6.4 g, Sodium 759.9 mg, Sugar 9.6 g
- Cut the bacon into small pieces and cook over medium heat just until crisp; drain on paper towels.
- Bring a large saucepan of salted water to a boil. Add the broccoli and blanch until bright green and slightly softened, about 3 minutes. Drain well, run under cold water to stop the cooking, and drain again.
- In a mixing bowl, combine the mayonnaise, vinegar, onion, sugar and raisins. Add the broccoli and toss the coat with the dressing. Refrigerate for 1 hour.
- Just before servings, fold in the sunflower kernels and the bacon pieces. Serve immediately.
Enjoy this crunchy, vegan broccoli salad for lunch or as a side. It's sweet, sharp and full of different textures and colours
Provided by Liberty Mendez
Categories Lunch, Side dish
Number Of Ingredients 11
- To make the pickle, heat the vinegar, sugar and salt in a small pan. Boil for 1 min until the sugar dissolves, then add the red onion and simmer for 1 min. Take off the heat, cover, and leave to cool completely.
- Mix the broccoli, carrots, cranberries and cashews in a large bowl. Add the cooled pickled onion, reserving the pickling liquid.
- Whisk together the pickling liquid, oil, maple syrup and lemon zest and juice, along with 2 tbsp cold water. Pour over the vegetables and mix until well coated.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 617 calories, Fat 39 grams fat, SaturatedFat 6 grams saturated fat, Carbohydrate 47 grams carbohydrates, Sugar 37 grams sugar, Fiber 14 grams fiber, Protein 13 grams protein, Sodium 0.4 milligram of sodium
BROCCOLI BACON RED ONION SALAD
- Combine broccoli, onions, raisins, and sunflower seeds, set aside.
- Combine mayo, sugar, lemon juice and salt and pepper.
- Fold dressing into salad mixture.
- Add bacon just before serving.
BROCCOLI SALAD WITH RED GRAPES, BACON, AND SUNFLOWER SEEDS
Try a flavor from the beaches of the eastern shore. This refreshing yet hearty family recipe has been adopted into the families of all of our friends. We never steam a bushel of crabs without having a huge bowl of this salad and corn on the cob on the table. This dish is simply mandatory at every BBQ, potluck or pitch-in event. Give it a try!
Provided by Coastal Roots
Number Of Ingredients 9
- Place bacon in a large skillet and cook over medium-high heat, turning occasionally, until evenly browned, about 10 minutes. Drain bacon slices on paper towels. Crumble 7 slices of bacon; mix with sunflower seeds in a resealable bag.
- Combine broccoli, onion, and grapes in a bowl.
- Crumble the remaining bacon slice. Whisk mayonnaise, vinegar, sugar, and black pepper together in a bowl; fold in the 1 slice crumbled bacon. Pour dressing over broccoli mixture; toss to coat evenly. Cover bowl with plastic wrap and refrigerate for flavors to blend, about 2 hours.
- Sprinkle bacon-sunflower seed mixture over salad before serving; mix well.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 326.7 calories, Carbohydrate 12.5 g, Cholesterol 20.5 mg, Fat 29 g, Fiber 2 g, Protein 6.3 g, SaturatedFat 4.8 g, Sodium 382.4 mg, Sugar 8 g
People also searched
More about "red broccoli salad food"
THE BEST BROCCOLI SALAD RECIPE - SPEND WITH PENNIES
5/5 (450)Calories 317 per servingCategory Salad
- Whisk together cider vinegar, sugar, mayonnaise, salt and pepper in a medium bowl. Set aside.
- In a large bowl, combine broccoli, onion, cranberries, sunflower seeds, and bacon bits. Pour the prepared dressing over and mix well.
THE BEST BROCCOLI SALAD RECIPE - MOM ON TIMEOUT
EASY CREAMY BROCCOLI SALAD WITH BACON - INSPIRED TASTE
BROCCOLI & GRAPE SALAD RECIPE | EATINGWELL
THE BEST BROCCOLI SALAD RECIPE - THE GIRL WHO ATE …
BEST BROCCOLI SALAD RECIPE - DELICIOUS MEETS HEALTHY
FAVORITE BROCCOLI SALAD RECIPE - COOKIE AND KATE
BROCCOLI SALAD RECIPE - COOKING CLASSY
BROCCOLI SALAD RECIPES | BBC GOOD FOOD
EASY BROCCOLI SALAD RECIPE [VIDEO] - DINNER, THEN DESSERT
BROCCOLI SALAD RECIPES
10 BEST BROCCOLI RED ONION SALAD RECIPES | YUMMLY
BROCCOLI SALAD RECIPES : FOOD NETWORK | FOOD NETWORK
You'll also love