ROASTED BEET SALAD WITH ORANGES AND BEET GREENS
An easy Roasted Beet Salad recipe. The delicate beet greens; which are an excellent source of potassium, folic acid, and magnesium - make this dish even more healthful.
Categories Salad Citrus Onion Vegetable Side Roast Picnic Low Fat Vinegar Beet Fall Winter Healthy Bon Appétit Kidney Friendly Vegan Vegetarian Pescatarian Paleo Dairy Free Wheat/Gluten-Free Peanut Free Tree Nut Free Soy Free No Sugar Added Kosher
Yield Makes 6 servings
Number Of Ingredients 7
- Preheat oven to 400°F. Trim greens from beets. Cut off and discard stems. Coarsely chop leaves and reserve. Wrap each beet in foil. Place beets directly on oven rack and roast until tender when pierced with fork, about 1 hour 30 minutes. Cool. Peel beets, then cut each into 8 wedges. Place beets in medium bowl.
- Cook beet greens in large saucepan of boiling water just until tender, about 2 minutes. Drain. Cool. Squeeze greens to remove excess moisture. Add greens to bowl with beets. Cut peel and white pith from oranges. Working over another bowl and using small sharp knife, cut between membranes to release segments. Add orange segments and onion to bowl with beet mixture. Whisk vinegar, oil, garlic, and orange peel in small bowl to blend; add to beet mixture and toss to coat. Season with salt and pepper. Let stand at room temperature 1 hour. Serve.
BEET SALAD WITH ORANGE-WALNUT DRESSING
Light and refreshing, this salad goes nicely with the heavier dishes of the season. Your family and friends will also appreciate the tasty homemade dressing. -Marian Platt, Sequim, Washington
Provided by Taste of Home
Yield 12 servings (about 1 cup dressing).
Number Of Ingredients 15
- Place beets in a 13-in. x 9-in. baking dish; add 1 in. of water. Cover and bake at 400° for 40-45 minutes or until tender. Cool; peel and julienne., In a serving bowl, combine the lettuce, oranges, endive and watercress. Add beets and walnuts. , In a small bowl, whisk the oil, orange juice, vinegar, onion, lemon juice, mustard, salt and pepper. Drizzle over salad; toss gently to coat.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 255 calories, Fat 14g fat (1g saturated fat), Cholesterol 0 cholesterol, Sodium 274mg sodium, Carbohydrate 28g carbohydrate (8g sugars, Fiber 18g fiber), Protein 9g protein.
ROASTED BEET SALAD WITH CANDIED WALNUTS
Provided by Aaron McCargo Jr.
Yield 4 servings
Number Of Ingredients 15
- Preheat the oven to 425 degrees F.
- In a roasting pan, toss the beets with the salt, pepper, 3 tablespoons sherry vinegar and 3 tablespoons olive oil. Cover with foil and roast for 1 hour.
- Remove the beets from the oven and allow to cool slightly. Using several paper towels and with rubber gloves, peel the skins off the beets, keeping the yellow and red beets separate. Cube the red beets on a cutting board lined with parchment paper into 1/2-inch pieces. Put into a bowl and set aside. Repeat with the yellow beets and put into a separate bowl.
- Lower the oven temperature to 300 degrees F.
- In a medium-sized saucepan, bring the water, sugar and walnuts to a boil over medium heat. Drain the walnuts and put them on a sheet pan lined with lightly greased parchment. Bake in the oven until well toasted, about 12 to 15 minutes. Remove from the oven and allow to cool.
- Divide the shallots and thyme between the red and yellow beets.
- Season each set of beets with sherry vinegar, olive oil, salt and pepper. Arrange the beets on a large serving platter keeping the beets separate for presentation. Top with crumbled goat cheese and candied walnuts.
ROASTED BEET, FENNEL, AND WALNUT SALAD
This is a very attractive dish for holiday meals! It goes even faster when you pre-roast the beets, toast the walnuts, and make the dressing in advance to the meal. Adapted from Cooking Light.
Provided by Julesong
Yield 12 1 cup servings, 12 serving(s)
Number Of Ingredients 21
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F.
- Trim the beets, leaving the root and about 1 inch of the stem, then scrubbing them with a vegetable brush. Wearing gloves (if you like), peel the beets (the gloves prevent them from staining your hands), and cut them into 1/2-inch thick wedges.
- Pan spray a cooking sheet, then drizzle with the oil, tossing once to coat. Bake in oven at 400 degrees F for 45 minutes, stirring twice, or until the beets are tender.
- While beets are roasting, prepare the other vegetables and dressing.
- Rinse the fennel bulbs to make sure they're thoroughly clean. Remove the tough outer leaves, retaining the feathery fronds. Remove fronds from leaves/stalks and mince them to measure 2 tablespoons. Remove stalks from fennel and discard.
- Cut the cleaned bulbs in half, lengthwise, discarding the cores. Cut the divided bulbs into 1/8 to 1/4-inch slices.
- Slice the Belgian endives into whatever width you prefer, although it's nice if they're thinner than the fennel pieces.
- In a large bowl, combine the fennel, endive, walnuts, spinach, salt, and pepper. Toss gently; set aside.
- In a bowl, whisk together the vinegars, honey, orange rind, orange juice, basil, shallot (if using) olive oil, Dijon, nutmeg, and salt.
- When beets are done roasting, remove from oven and let cool slightly.
- Drizzle the fennel mixture with the whisked dressing, then add the roasted beets. Toss to combine. Tidy up the edges of the serving bowl with a napkin. Garnish the salad with the minced fennel fronds and feta cheese (if using), and serve.
- Makes about 12 servings, 1 cup each.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 78.7, Fat 3.7, SaturatedFat 0.4, Sodium 207.6, Carbohydrate 11.3, Fiber 2.6, Sugar 6.7, Protein 2
SIMPLE RED LEAF SALAD
My daughter loves everything sour (vinegar and lemon in particular) so I made her this tart salad dressing with 2 types of vinegar and lemon juice. It goes great with red leaf lettuce or other mild salads. She will eat the whole bowl by herself.
Provided by barbara
Categories Salad Green Salad Recipes
Number Of Ingredients 10
- Wash red leaf lettuce, separate the leaves, and spin dry in a salad spinner. Tear leaves into bite-sized pieces and transfer to a salad bowl with bell pepper and scallion.
- Combine olive oil, red wine vinegar, balsamic vinegar, lemon juice, salt, mustard, and pepper in a resealable jar. Close and shake until well combined.
- Drizzle as much dressing as desired over the salad and toss to combine. Store leftover dressing in the refrigerator.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 111.3 calories, Carbohydrate 4 g, Fat 10.2 g, Fiber 1 g, Protein 0.7 g, SaturatedFat 1.4 g, Sodium 312.9 mg, Sugar 2.3 g
RED-LEAF SALAD WITH ROASTED SWEET POTATOES
Caramelized sweet potatoes and red onion pair well with green beans and walnuts. Heads of lettuce cost less than bagged pre-prepped varieties -- they have better flavor, too.
Provided by Martha Stewart
Categories Food & Cooking Salad Recipes
Number Of Ingredients 10
- Preheat oven to 450 degrees. On a large rimmed baking sheet, toss together sweet potatoes, onion, and oil; season with salt and pepper. Roast until sweet potatoes are tender, about 20 minutes.
- Add green beans and walnuts to sheet; toss. Roast until green beans are tender, about 5 minutes.
- Meanwhile, in a small bowl, whisk together yogurt, vinegar, and garlic; season dressing with salt and pepper. Top lettuce with roasted vegetable mixture; drizzle with dressing.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 257 g, Fat 13 g, Fiber 5 g, Protein 8 g
More about "red leaf salad with roasted beets oranges and walnuts food"
BEET AND ORANGE SALAD WITH WALNUTS | MIDWEST LIVING
Servings 5Calories 272 per servingTotal Time 1 hr 20 mins
- Preheat oven to 400°. Trim ends of beets. Divide beets between two 10-inch pieces of heavy foil. Drizzle each with 1 tablespoon water. Fold foil over beets; fold ends to seal. Place packets on a large baking sheet. Roast until beets are tender and easily pierced with a knife, 50 to 60 minutes. Carefully open packets to avoid the steam that escapes. When cool enough to handle, peel beets by rubbing them with a paper towel. Chop into cubes.
- Cut tops and bottoms off oranges. Cutting from top to bottom, use a small knife to cut off peel and pith from the sides. Working over a bowl to catch juice, cut between orange segments and membranes to release segments into the bowl. Squeeze the membranes over the bowl to extract any remaining juice.
- For dressing, carefully pour juice from the bowl with orange segments into a separate bowl. (You should have about 3 tablespoons juice.) Whisk in vinegar, honey, salt and pepper. While whisking, slowly pour in olive oil and continue whisking until emulsified.
ORANGE BEET SALAD RECIPE - BELLY FULL
Ratings 2Category SaladCuisine AmericanTotal Time 15 mins
- Arrange sliced beets and oranges on individual plates. Top with the onion, cheese, nuts, and whichever greens you're using.
RED LEAF SALAD WITH ROASTED BEETS, ORANGES AND …
Reviews 4Servings 4-6Cuisine AmericanCategory Appetizer
BEET SALAD - TWO PEAS & THEIR POD
BEET SALAD WITH ROASTED FENNEL, BLOOD ORANGE AND …
ROASTED BEET SALAD WITH FETA & WALNUTS - KYLEE COOKS
ROASTED BEETROOT SALAD WITH FETA AND WALNUTS - THE …
ROASTED BEET SALAD WITH GOAT CHEESE, WALNUTS & HONEY …
RETRO RECIPE: RED LEAF SALAD WITH ROASTED BEETS, ORANGES
Estimated Reading Time 4 mins
BEETS AND BERRIES MINGLE WITH GOAT CHEESE IN A STUNNING SPRING …
RED LEAF SALAD WITH ROASTED BEETS, ORANGES AND WALNUTS RECIPE …
BEST SEASONAL PRODUCE RECIPES FOR FALL - WEIGHTWATCHERS.COM
ROASTED BEET SALAD RECIPE | RECIPES.NET
ROASTED BEET AND ORANGE SALAD | BAKED BREE
HOW TO INCORPORATE WINTER INGREDIENTS IN SALADS | WW CANADA
RED LEAF SALAD WITH ROASTED BEETS ORANGES AND WALNUTS RECIPES …
RED LEAF SALAD WITH ROASTED BEETS, ORANGES AND WALNUTS RECIPE | EAT ...
RED LEAF SALAD WITH ORANGES RECIPE | BON APPéTIT
ORANGE BEET SALAD WITH FETA AND ARUGULA | THE MEDITERRANEAN DISH
Are you curently on diet or you just want to control your food's nutritions, ingredients? We will help you find recipes by cooking method, nutrition, ingredients...Check it out »
You'll also love