Roast lamb is perfect for Eastertime or any special occasion. This succulent dish calls for a flavorful rosemary, garlic and onion rub.
Recipe From tasteofhome.com
Provided by Taste of Home
Yield 8 servings.
Number Of Ingredients 7
Tender rack of lamb, though expensive, makes an elegant roast for a special-occasion dinner, and it's quite easy to prepare. A brief marinade of pounded garlic and anchovy, Dijon mustard and olive oil heightens the flavor. For a simple accompaniment, roast small crushed potatoes in the same pan. Each eight-bone rack may be sliced into four thick chops, or eight thin chops, if you prefer.
Recipe From cooking.nytimes.com
Provided by David Tanis
Categories dinner, quick, meat, main course
Yield 4 servings
Number Of Ingredients 9
People also searched
More about "roast rack of lamb with rosemary recipes"
ROSEMARY & GARLIC OVEN ROASTED RACK OF LAMB
2017-12-23 · Heat oven to 450 degrees F. Place the lamb with the fat side up on the baking sheet and roast for 15 minutes before rotating the baking sheet to …
- Remove the rack of lamb from the refrigerator and place in a baking dish. Season both sides of the lamb generously with salt and pepper.
- In a food processor, combine the olive oil, rosemary, thyme, garlic cloves and lemon zest and pulse until finely chopped. This can be done by hand by finely chopping the garlic and herbs, then stirring into the oil in a small bowl if you do not have a food processor.
- Rub the marinade over the seasoned lamb and allow to sit at room temperature for 1 hour before roasting so that it will cook evenly. [See Recipe Notes]
- Heat oven to 450 degrees F. Place the lamb with the fat side up on the baking sheet and roast for 15 minutes before rotating the baking sheet to ensure even cooking and roasting for another 10 minutes for medium-rare meat or 15 minutes for medium doneness (although in my opinion, lamb should is best served medium-rare). If using a digital meat thermometer, medium-rare will be between 130-140 degrees F and medium is between 140-145 degrees F. But the internal temperature will continue to rise about 5 degrees after the rack is removed from the oven, so if you are shooting for an end temp of 130, you will want to pull the lamb when it reaches 125 degrees F.
ROAST RACK OF LAMB WITH ROSEMARY SALT RECIPE | GOOD …
2018-12-18 · Mix the rosemary and sea salt together and lightly season the lamb racks with half the sea salt and rosemary. 2. Heat a heavy-based frying pan …
- 1. Preheat your oven to 200C. Mix the rosemary and sea salt together and lightly season the lamb racks with half the sea salt and rosemary.
- 2. Heat a heavy-based frying pan on the stove until hot. Add a drizzle of olive oil and place the lamb racks in the hot pan and sear all the sides. Once well coloured, remove the lamb racks and place on a cake rack in a roasting tray.
- 3. Roast the lamb in the oven for about 20-25 minutes. This should produce a medium rare to medium lamb rack. Remove from the oven, season with the remaining rosemary salt and drizzle with the remaining olive oil. Allow to rest for 10 minutes before serving. Place the lamb racks on a platter and garnish with fresh rosemary sprigs if available.
ROAST RACK OF LAMB RECIPE WITH GARLIC AND HERB CRUST
2020-12-04 · In a small food processor fitted with a blade, combine the garlic, olive oil, rosemary, parsley, and pinch of red pepper flakes. Blend well. Cover the lamb rack with the garlic and herb marinade on both sides and let it rest at …
ROSEMARY CRUMBED RACK OF LAMB | RECIPETIN EATS
2020-12-07 · Transfer to plate and let cool for 5 minutes, uncovered. Mustard Spread: Mix dijon, rosemary and garlic in a small bowl. Then add 3 teaspoons of egg, and mix again. Making the crumb: Mix Crumb ingredients EXCEPT butter …
ROSEMARY GARLIC MARINATED RACK OF LAMB (ROASTED)
2021-03-29 · Preheat oven: Preheat oven to 200°C/390°F (180°C fan). Sear: Heat 1 tbsp oil in a cast iron skillet (or other oven-proof, heavy-based skillet) over high heat. Sear one lamb rack …
- Marinate lamb: Mix marinade ingredients in a ziplock bag (Note 2). Place lamb in bag, massage to coat, then seal and marinate for at least 24 hours and up to 48 hours.
- Wrap bones in foil (optional): Wrap each bone with a small piece of foil. This keeps the bones white and looks prettier.
ROAST RACK OF LAMB WITH ROSEMARY SAUCE RECIPE | FOOD …
ROAST RACK OF LAMB WITH FRESH ROSEMARY AND THYME
In a large skillet heat remaining oil over moderately high heat. Add racks, fat side down, and cook until golden brown on all sides. Thread branches of thyme and rosemary around bones, set racks ...
ROAST FRENCH RACK OF VENISON WITH GARLIC, ROSEMARY AND MUSTARD …
Nov 2, 2020 - French Racks of Venison make entertaining both easy and spectacular. They are quick to cook, and easily carved into cutlets to serve. If you have time,...
HERB ROASTED RACK OF LAMB RECIPE | COUPLE IN THE KITCHEN
Directions: Preheat the oven to 450 F. Pat the lamb dry with paper towel and season well with salt and pepper. Coat the lamb with 2 tbsp of a high smoke point oil, such as grape seed oil, and cover with the minced herbs. Heat another tbsp of oil in a frying pan over medium high heat, then add the lamb, fat-side down.
OVEN ROASTED ROSEMARY DIJON RACK OF LAMB RECIPE - EAT SIMPLE …
Instructions. Let lamb rack sit at room temperature for 30 minutes. Move oven rack to 8" below broiler. Preheat oven to 450F. Wrap the exposed bones in aluminum foil ( so they don't burn - see pic). There should be a layer of fat on the top of the rack of lamb - leave it there.
ROAST RACK OF LAMB WITH ROSEMARY FRIED POTATOES
2017-12-27 · Heat 1 tablespoon olive oil in a cast iron or other oven safe skillet over medium-high heat. Brown lamb on both sides, 30 seconds to 1 minute per side. Remove from heat. Fry potatoes: Melt butter in a skillet over medium heat. Add potatoes and fry, stirring frequently, for 25 – 30 minutes, until potatoes are tender.
ROAST RACK OF LAMB WITH ROSEMARY | RECIPE CART
4 racks of lamb (2 pairs of best ends), French trimmed 4 garlic cloves, roughly chopped a big stalk of rosemary, needles stripped off and roughly chopped 8 tbsp light olive oil Export 4 ingredients for grocery delivery
GARLIC ROSEMARY ROASTED RACK OF LAMB - SAVOR THE BEST
2021-01-24 · Prepare the rack of lamb: With a sharp knife, lightly score the fat cap on the meaty top side of the rack, diagonally, in slits about 1-inch apart. Make the garlic rosemary mixture: In a small dish, add the rest of the ingredients listed above and combine them together by mashing the herbs with the back of a tablespoon.