ROASTED POTATOES WITH GARLIC, LEMON, AND OREGANO
For perfect Roasted Potatoes with Garlic, Lemon, and Oregano there is no need to peel them, but I suggest that you halve them, because they taste best when they can absorb more sauce.
Provided by Aglaia Kremezi
Yield Makes 4 to 6 servings
Number Of Ingredients 9
- Preheat oven to 400°F.
- Place the potatoes in a single layer in a 13-x-9-inch baking dish and pour the oil over them. Add the garlic, dried oregano, salt and pepper to taste and toss well to coat with the oil.
- Bake the potatoes for 15 minutes. Add the stock, toss and bake for 10 minutes more. Add the lemon juice, toss and bake for 10 to 15 minutes more, or until the potatoes are cooked through. If you like, preheat the broiler and broil the potatoes for 2 to 3 minutes, or until golden brown.
- Sprinkle with the fresh oregano and serve at once.
- Dissolve 1 tablespoon tomato paste in the stock, and reduce the amount of lemon juice to taste. Substitute Aleppo pepper or crushed red pepper flakes for the black pepper.
GREEK GARLIC-LEMON POTATOES
- Preheat oven to 475 degrees F (245 degrees C).
- Place the cubed potatoes, water, lemon juice, vegetable oil, and olive oil in a 12x18 inch baking dish or roasting pan. Season with oregano, salt, pepper, and garlic.
- Roast, uncovered, in the preheated oven until the potatoes are tender and golden brown and the water has evaporated, about 1 1/2 hours. Stir the potatoes every 20 minutes as they bake, adding more water as necessary to prevent sticking. Allow the water to evaporate during the final 15 to 20 minutes of cooking, but be careful that the potatoes do not burn. Stir in the chopped fresh parsley, and serve.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 155.9 calories, Carbohydrate 21.1 g, Fat 7.4 g, Fiber 2.7 g, Protein 2.4 g, SaturatedFat 1 g, Sodium 397.1 mg, Sugar 1.2 g
ROASTED POTATOES WITH WHOLE GARLIC, LEMON AND OREGANO
Taken from "The Foods of The Greek Islands" written by Aglaia Kremezi. This is most always served with lamb or roasted chicken. Use small potatoes for this if you can, quarter or half them and leave the peel on, they absorb more flavor when they are cut and cooked in the juices. This lemon potato dish has extreme flavor, and the recipe can be doubled, try this dish with your next roasted chicken dinner, you will have rave reviews!
Provided by Kittencalrecipezazz
Yield 3 pounds potatoes, 10-12 serving(s)
Number Of Ingredients 9
- Set oven to 400 degrees.
- Butter a 13 x 9-inch baking dish.
- In a small cup or bowl, whisk together the oil and melted butter; add in dried oregano and mix well.
- Place the potatoes and whole garlic cloves in a large bowl.
- Pour the oil/butter mixture over the potatoes and the garlic; toss well to coat.
- Season with salt and pepper (you can use seasoning salt in place of regular salt, I most always do!) toss well to coat.
- Place the potatoes in the baking dish in a single layer, and bake for 15 minutes (if you are lucky enough to have a convection/roast setting on your oven, then use it for this recipe).
- Remove and add in the chicken stock; toss the potatoes to coat well, and place back in the oven for about 10 minutes more.
- Remove from the oven and sprinkle with fresh lemon juice; toss and place back in the oven for another 10-15 minutes more.
- **NOTE** if you like you can preheat the broiler, and broil the potatoes for 2-3 minutes or until golden brown, but that is optional.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 231.8, Fat 13.4, SaturatedFat 3, Cholesterol 6.5, Sodium 279, Carbohydrate 25.9, Fiber 3.2, Sugar 1.5, Protein 3.3
ROASTED OREGANO POTATOES
- Preheat oven to 350.
- place cut up potatoes in a single layer in a large baking dish. Srinkle with oregano, salt and pepper; toss around alittle to coat evenly.
- Drizzle the olive oil over potatoes.
- Bake at 350, uncovered for about an hour or until potatoes are to desired tenderness.
LEMON OREGANO POTATOES
My husband, Tom, made these tender potatoes when we were first married. They've remained a family favorite to this day. -Kate Hilts, Grand Rapids, Michigan
Provided by Taste of Home
Categories Side Dishes
Yield 4 servings.
Number Of Ingredients 5
- Place potatoes in a saucepan and cover with water. Bring to a boil over medium heat. Reduce heat. Simmer, uncovered, for 5-8 minutes or until potatoes are crisp-tender; drain. Add the oil, lemon juice, oregano and salt and toss well to coat. Mixture should form a slight paste on the outside of the potatoes. Transfer to a greased rimmed baking sheet. Bake, uncovered, at 450° for 20-25 minutes or until potatoes just start to release from the baking sheet. Turn and continue roasting until tender and deep golden brown, 15-20 minutes longer.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 214 calories, Fat 14g fat (2g saturated fat), Cholesterol 0 cholesterol, Sodium 303mg sodium, Carbohydrate 21g carbohydrate (2g sugars, Fiber 2g fiber), Protein 2g protein. Diabetic Exchanges
People also searched
More about "roasted potatoes with garlic lemon and oregano food"
LEMON POTATOES WITH GARLIC AND OREGANO - THE GREEK …
4.8/5 (12)Category Side DishCuisine GreekCalories 352 per serving
- Place the potatoes in a large enough baking dish so they dont overlap much. Pour the olive oil all over. Add the garlic, oregano, sea salt and a generous amount of freshly ground pepper. Mix potatoes with olive oil and seasonings well.
LEMONY GREEK POTATOES WITH OREGANO AND GARLIC RECIPE
ROASTED POTATOES WITH GARLIC, LEMON AND OREGANO
PSITES PATATES (LEMONY ROASTED POTATOES WITH OREGANO)
ROASTED POTATOES WITH OREGANO, GARLIC & LEMON - INSIDEWINK
ROASTED POTATOES LEVEL UP WITH THIS CRISPY PARMESAN AND GARLIC RECIPE
ROASTED GARLIC POTATOES, ASPARAGUS, AND SAUSAGE | VEGETARIAN …
ROASTED POTATOES WITH LEMON AND OREGANO - EDIBLE AUSTIN
GREEK LEMON GARLIC ROASTED POTATOES FOOD - HOMEANDRECIPE.COM
POTATOES ROASTED WITH GARLIC, LEMON AND WALNUTS - FOOD.COM
ROASTED MEDITERRANEAN POTATOES WITH LEMON AND OREGANO
ROASTED POTATOES WITH GARLIC LEMON AND OREGANO FOOD
EASY ROASTED GREEK POTATOES WITH LEMON COPYKAT RECIPES
ROASTED POTATOES WITH OREGANO AND LEMON FOOD
ROASTED LEMON AND GARLIC POTATOES RECIPE - FOOD.COM
RECIPE - LEMONY ROASTED GARLIC POTATOES WITH BURRATA | COSTCO
CRISPY & CREAMY ROASTED GREEK POTATOES RECIPE WITH GARLIC, …
GARLIC ROASTED LEG OF LAMB WITH LEMON OREGANO POTATOES
ROASTED GARLIC COMPOUND BUTTER
BROCCOLI ROASTED WITH FETA, OREGANO AND GARLIC | VEGETARIAN …
ROASTED POTATOES WITH GARLIC, LEMON AND OREGANO
You'll also love
Top Asked Questions
How to cook potatoes with lemon and garlic?Add the lemon juice and bake for 35 minutes or until potatoes are cooked and have nice golden brown edges. Place potatoes on a platter, pour the delicious lemon & garlic olive oil liquid all over them, sprinkle some fresh oregano on top (optional) and serve immediately.
What are Greek lemon potatoes with garlic and oregano?These delicious Greek lemon potatoes with garlic and oregano will be the star at your next dinner party. Easy to make with few ingredients, they are the perfect side to a chicken or lamb roast or anything grilled. This is one of those simple, beautiful Greek lemon potato recipes with minimal effort and great results.
How to cook potatoes with oregano?You can serve the potatoes straight from the oven, sprinkled with more oregano, or toss them under the broiler for a few minutes for a golden hue and slightly crisper texture.
How to bake potatoes in the oven?Preheat the oven to 400 F. Place the potatoes in a single layer in a 9- x 13- x 2-inch baking dish. In a small bowl, whisk together the lemon juice, garlic, olive oil, water, and oregano. Season to taste with salt and pepper. Pour the mixture over the potatoes and toss to coat. Cover the pan with foil and bake in the preheated oven for 25 minutes.