CHICKEN WITH SHALLOTS
- Preheat the oven to 425 degrees.
- Pat the chicken breasts dry with paper towels and sprinkle them generously on both sides with salt and pepper. In a 12-inch cast-iron skillet, heat the oil over medium-high heat for 2 minutes, until it begins to smoke. Place the chicken breasts, skin side down, in the skillet and cook for 4 to 5 minutes without moving, until golden brown.
- Using tongs, turn the chicken breasts skin side up, place the skillet in the oven, and roast for 12 to 15 minutes, until the chicken is cooked through.
- Meanwhile, in a medium saute pan, combine the white wine, lemon juice, and shallots and cook over medium-high heat for about 5 minutes, until only 2 tablespoons of liquid remain in the pan. If it reduces too much, add an extra splash of white wine or water. Add the cream, 1 teaspoon salt, and 1/4 teaspoon pepper and bring to a full boil. Remove from the heat, add the diced butter, and swirl the pan until the butter is incorporated. Don't reheat or the sauce will "break"! Sprinkle with salt and serve the chicken hot with the sauce spooned over it.
EASY PAN-ROASTED CHICKEN AND SHALLOTS
Shallots are the perfect size for roasting whole with larger cuts of meat. When halved or quartered with chicken breasts, they make a quick weeknight dinner, complete with a pan sauce. If you have champagne vinegar or white wine vinegar on hand, add a splash to the sauce just before serving.
Provided by Food Network Kitchen
Yield 2 servings
Number Of Ingredients 7
- Preheat the oven to 425 degrees F. Sprinkle both sides of the chicken breasts with salt and pepper.
- Preheat a large skillet over medium-high heat for 2 minutes. Working quickly, melt 1 tablespoon of the butter, swirling it around the pan. Add the chicken, skin side down. Add the shallots, cut side down and not overlapping. Cook until the chicken and shallots are browned on the bottom, 2 to 3 minutes. Flip the shallots and chicken, nestle in the rosemary sprigs, then carefully pour in the chicken stock.
- Transfer the skillet to the oven and roast until the chicken is cooked through and the shallots are tender, 12 to 14 minutes, removing the smaller pieces of chicken first as they become cooked. Transfer the chicken to a serving plate.
- Check the skillet with the shallots to make sure the stock has not evaporated; if less than a few tablespoons remain, add 1/2 cup more stock or water. Reduce the pan juices over medium heat until about 1/2 cup of liquid remains, about 2 minutes. Remove the skillet from the heat and stir in the remaining 2 tablespoons of butter with a wooden spoon to thicken the pan sauce until it coats the spoon. Remove the rosemary and season the sauce with salt and pepper. Spoon some of the sauce over the chicken and scallions and the rest onto the plate.
SHEET-PAN CHICKEN WITH SHALLOTS AND GRAPES
This one-pan meal is simple enough for a weeknight, but impressive enough to serve at a dinner party. Chicken thighs are quickly marinated in garlic, olive oil and za'atar, if you'd like, while the oven comes to temperature. Then, they're roasted alongside thick wedges of shallots and sweet grapes, whose flavors are gently coaxed together and deepened by the chicken fat as they cook. Serve straight from the sheet pan, or plate on a pretty platter. Serve with a salad of chicories dressed with lemon, olive oil, anchovies and salty pecorino cheese.
Provided by Colu Henry
Categories dinner, weekday, weeknight, poultry, main course
Yield 4 to 6 servings
Number Of Ingredients 9
- Heat oven to 425 degrees. In a large bowl, toss together the chicken with 1 tablespoon olive oil, garlic and za'atar, if using. Season well with salt and pepper. Place the shallots and the grapes on the sheet pan and gently toss with the remaining olive oil and season well with salt.
- Nestle the chicken skin-side up in between the shallots and grapes and lay the thyme sprigs on top of the mixture. Roast for 25 to 30 minutes until the chicken is cooked through and the shallots and grapes at the edges of the pan begin to soften and caramelize.
- Turn the oven to broil and move the oven rack to sit right below it. Remove and discard the thyme sprigs and broil the chicken for 1 to 2 minutes until the skin of the chicken is crispy and golden. Scatter with chopped thyme and season with flaky salt.
Nutrition Facts : @context http, Calories 609, UnsaturatedFat 27 grams, Carbohydrate 22 grams, Fat 41 grams, Fiber 3 grams, Protein 37 grams, SaturatedFat 10 grams, Sodium 783 milligrams, Sugar 12 grams, TransFat 0 grams
CHICKEN ROASTED WITH POTATOES, SHALLOTS, AND OLIVES
- Preheat oven to 450 degrees. In a large bowl toss together the shallots, the garlic, the chopped oregano, the potatoes, the olives and 2 tablespoons of the oil and salt and pepper to taste. Rub the chicken with the remaining 1 tablespoon oil, the lemon juice, and salt and pepper to taste. Put the chicken in a roasting pan surround the potatoes and olives and place in the upper third of a preheated oven for 20 minutes. Periodically basting and turning the vegetables Reduce the temperature to 375 degrees F., and roast the chicken and vegetables for 15 minutes more or until the chicken is cooked through and the potatoes are tender. Transfer the chicken and the vegetables with a slotted spoon to a heated platter, skim fat from the pan and deglaze with wine, reduce 1 minute then add the broth. into the skillet, scraping up the brown bits, and boil the mixture for 1 minute. Strain the liquid through a sieve over the chicken and garnish the chicken with the oregano sprigs.
Provided by Food Network Kitchen
Yield about 4 to 6 side dish serving
Number Of Ingredients 3
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees F. In a large bowl, toss the shallots with the oil, 1 tablespoon salt, and season with pepper. Transfer to an aluminum foil-lined baking sheet and arrange in a single layer. Bake until the shallots are browned and tender, 20 to 25 minutes. Remove from the oven and allow to cool slightly. Using a knife, slice off the tips of the shallots (the end opposite the root end) and discard. Gently squeeze the shallots from their skins and season with salt and pepper to taste. Serve warm or at room temperature.
SKILLET ROAST CHICKEN WITH CARAMELIZED SHALLOTS
Chicken, shallots, a splash of oil and vinegar - that's all you need to make this deeply flavorful one-pot dish. The shallots caramelize and sweeten under the crisping chicken, while vinegar adds tang to keep things interesting. You could toss in mustard, herbs, fresh chile or toasted spices with the vinegar for a twist. Don't forget some crusty bread or rice; you'll want either as a landing pad for the sweet, schmaltzy shallots and pan juices.
Provided by Ali Slagle
Categories dinner, weekday, poultry, main course
Yield 4 to 6 servings
Number Of Ingredients 5
- Heat the oven to 425 degrees. Pat the chicken dry and season it on all sides with salt and pepper.
- In a large (12-inch) oven-proof skillet, working in batches as needed to avoid crowding, add the oil, then add the chicken pieces, skin-side down. Turn the heat to medium-high and cook, undisturbed, until the skin is crisp and releases easily from the skillet, and the fat is rendered, 8 to 10 minutes. Transfer to a plate and repeat with additional chicken pieces as needed.
- Add the shallots to the skillet, season with salt and pepper and arrange so most are cut-side down. Cook, undisturbed, until browned, 4 to 5 minutes. Flip the shallots and repeat until browned on the other side, another 5 minutes.
- Add the vinegar and scrape the bottom of the pan to release any browned bits. Add the chicken, skin-side up, on top of the shallots. Roast until the shallots have collapsed and the chicken is cooked through, about 45 minutes. Check the chicken halfway through. If the skillet looks dry, add a few tablespoons of water. Serve the chicken and shallots with the pan juices.
People also searched
More about "roasted quartered chicken and shallots food"
ONE-PAN ROAST CHICKEN WITH SHALLOTS | ALEXANDRA'S KITCHEN
4.9/5 (15)Category DinnerCuisine AmericanTotal Time 1 hr 10 mins
- Preheat the oven to 400ºF. Melt the butter in a large, heavy-bottomed oven-safe pot or skillet set over medium-high heat. When the butter foams, add the shallots to the pot, season with salt, and sauté them in the butter until they begin to soften and caramelize, approximately 10 to 12 minutes. Lower the heat as needed if shallots are browning too quickly. Add the mustard and thyme and stir until the mustard coats the shallots evenly and begins to brown. Add the wine and bring to a simmer, scraping the bottom of the pot with a wooden spoon to release any brown bits.
- Meanwhile, season the chicken pieces generously with salt and pepper on both sides. When the wine simmers, add the chicken pieces to the pan and transfer the pan to the oven. Cook for 40 to 50 minutes or until the skin is nicely brown and crisp. Remove pan from oven.
- Using a spoon, swirl around the sauce and take a taste. If it tastes good, serve it. If it tastes fatty, transfer the meat and shallots to a platter, pour the juices into a Pyrex and let them sit until the fat rises, about 5 minutes. Skim off the fat. Return the juices, chicken and shallots to the pan. Return to the oven or bring to a simmer stove top to reheat. If chicken isn’t as brown as you would like, you can stick it under the broiler too. Serve immediately with crusty bread and a salad.
CHICKEN BREASTS WITH TARRAGON-SHALLOT BUTTER - FOOD …
Author Food Network KitchenSteps 5Difficulty Easy
ROAST CHICKEN WITH SHALLOTS, THYME, AND WHITE WINE
CRISPY ROAST CHICKEN AND SHALLOTS WITH MISO GRAVY - FOOD …
CRISPY OVEN ROASTED CHICKEN LEG QUARTERS - CRAVING …
ROAST CHICKEN WITH CARAMELIZED SHALLOTS - DAVID LEBOVITZ
ROASTED QUARTERED CHICKEN AND SHALLOTS RECIPE | EPICURIOUS
Servings 4Author Condé Nast
GRILL-ROASTED CHICKEN WITH CRUSHED FINGERLING POTATOES AND …
BOURBON PEACH CHICKEN | SUMMER RECIPES | SBS FOOD
ROASTED QUARTERED CHICKEN AND SHALLOTS | PUNCHFORK
STUFFED CHICKEN WITH SWEET POTATO MASH AND ROASTED GREENS
BEST ROASTED QUARTERED CHICKEN AND SHALLOTS RECIPES
ROASTED QUARTERED CHICKEN AND SHALLOTS FOOD & RECIPES
ROASTED CHICKEN WITH POTATOES, MUSHROOMS & SHALLOTS RECIPE
HONEY-GLAZED CHICKEN AND SHALLOTS RECIPE - NYT COOKING
Are you curently on diet or you just want to control your food's nutritions, ingredients? We will help you find recipes by cooking method, nutrition, ingredients...Check it out »
You'll also love