SESAME CHICKEN SALAD
- Combine syrup, soy and sweet hot mustard in a bowl. Season chicken tenders with salt and pepper on both sides. Add chicken tenders to 1/2 of the marinade and coat. Set aside. Reserve the remaining 1/2 for dressing.
- Preheat a large nonstick skillet over medium high heat. Spread sesame seeds on a sheet of waxed paper or into a shallow dish. Waxed paper will speed your clean up. Dip the tenders into the sesame seeds. Coat the pan with a thin layer of oil. Cook chicken in small batches 3 minutes on each side and remove to plate.
- Whisk ginger, vinegar and the reserved marinade together then stream in the oil while you are continuing to whisk dressing.
- Combine all of the salad ingredients in a bowl. Toss with dressing and serve, topping with sesame chicken tenders. Toss some crunch into your salad with fried noodles, if you have any leftover packets from ordering Chinese take out, for the last time!
SESAME-SCALLION CHICKEN SALAD
This reimagined chicken salad is lighter and leafier than your standard picnic lunch. Tender poached chicken, crisp greens, cukes, and scallions get tossed with a sesame dressing that takes its cues form gomae, a Japanese spinach salad.
Provided by Christina Chaey
Yield 4 servings
Number Of Ingredients 13
- Bring chicken, 3 Tbsp. kosher salt, and 5 cups water to a bare simmer in a medium pot over medium heat (chicken should be submerged). Be patient-this will take a little while. Once liquid begins to simmer, reduce heat to low and cook (water should not be simmering at all now) until juices run clear when thickest part of chicken is pierced, 8-10 minutes. Transfer chicken to a medium bowl; discard poaching liquid. Let chicken sit until cool enough to handle, then shred meat into big pieces; set aside.
- Meanwhile, place scallions in a small bowl and pour in very cold water to cover; let soak 10 minutes.
- Drain scallions in a mesh sieve or colander, then rinse under cold running water, swishing vigorously to rinse and to encourage them to curl up. Shake off as much water as possible and place in a large bowl; set aside.
- Working one at a time, slice cucumbers in half crosswise, then slice each piece in half lengthwise. Place quarters cut side down and slice in half lengthwise again to create 8 pieces total per cucumber. Add to bowl with reserved chicken.
- Set 1 Tbsp. sesame seeds aside in a small bowl for serving. Crush remaining sesame seeds in a mortar and pestle until some of the seeds have turned to powder, but with plenty of whole seeds left. (Alternatively, you can pulse seeds a few times in a food processor or spice mill, then transfer to a medium bowl before proceeding). Add lime juice, tahini, soy sauce, honey, and red pepper flakes and mash to create a paste. Add ¼ cup water and whisk to combine (if you don't have a small enough whisk, work in with the pestle). Taste and season with salt.
- Add lettuce and cilantro to bowl with reserved scallions. Pour half of dressing over and toss to coat. Arrange on a platter. Pour remaining dressing over chicken and cucumbers, toss to coat, and arrange over greens. Top salad with reserved 1 Tbsp. sesame seeds and squeeze juice from lime half over.
EASY SESAME CHICKEN SALAD
- Heat oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat. Add chicken, season with salt and pepper, and cook until no longer pink in the center and the juices run clear, about 5 minutes per side. An instant-read thermometer inserted into the center should read at least 165 degrees F (74 degrees C). Remove from the heat and set aside to cool.
- While chicken is cooling, combine olive oil, vinegar, soy sauce, ginger, brown sugar, garlic, and red pepper in a Mason jar; close lid and shake vigorously until combined.
- Chop cooled chicken and place in a bowl with dressing and sesame seeds; toss to combine.
- Combine mixed greens, cherry tomatoes, and onion in a large bowl. Mix in dressed chicken and top with mandarin oranges.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 345.6 calories, Carbohydrate 8.1 g, Cholesterol 64.7 mg, Fat 23.6 g, Fiber 1.7 g, Protein 25.6 g, SaturatedFat 3.7 g, Sodium 520.6 mg, Sugar 4.3 g
ASIAN SESAME CHICKEN SALAD
- Put the peanut oil in a heavy skillet large enough to hold all the chicken in 1 layer without crowding. Put the skillet over medium-low heat. Spread the sesame seeds on a pie plate or waxed paper. Season the breasts with salt and pepper and press into the sesame seeds to coat both sides evenly. Put in the skillet, raise the heat to medium-high, and cook for 5 minutes on each side, gently turning the breasts with a spatula, until the meat is firm and no pink shows in the middle. Reduce the heat if needed to prevent burning.
- Meanwhile, trim the bottom 1/2-inch from the cabbage and remove any damaged or withered parts from the tops of the leaves. Cut crosswise into strips no more than 1/2-inch wide. Put into a salad spinner, fill with water, drain and spin the greens dry. Remove any excess moisture with paper towels.
- Peel and halve the ginger. Drop down the chute of a food processor with the motor running and puree. Stop the motor and scrape down the sides of the bowl with a rubber spatula. Add the fish sauce, vinegar, and sesame oil. Juice the lime and add the juice to the ginger mixture. Process until the dressing is combined. Add salt to taste.
- Open the can of water chestnuts and drain. Trim the scallions and cut the white and green parts crosswise into thin slices. Cut the top from the bell pepper. Stand it upright and cut down inside the four walls, separating them from the center core and seeds. Then cut the walls into thin strips. Coarsely chop the leaves from the cilantro sprigs.
- Put the cabbage in a large mixing bowl. Add the water chestnuts, scallions, bell pepper, cilantro, and dressing. Toss well. Cut the cooked chicken into strips no more than 1/2-inch wide. Add to the salad and toss.
People also searched
More about "sesame scallion chicken salad food"
SESAME CHICKEN SALAD RECIPE - QUICK FROM SCRATCH …
5/5 Total Time 25 mins
- In a pot of boiling, salted water, cook the vermicelli until just done, about 9 minutes. Drain. Rinse with cold water; drain thoroughly.
- In a medium saucepan, combine the 1 cup broth, one third of the scallions, and the salt. Bring to a simmer, add the chicken, stir, and cover the pan. Simmer for 5 minutes. Turn the heat off and let the chicken steam for 5 minutes. Remove the chicken from the saucepan and shred it.
- In a blender, puree the remaining 3 tablespoons broth, the ginger, garlic, tahini, sesame oil, sugar, cooking oil, red-pepper flakes, soy sauce, and pepper. Put the cucumber halves cut-side down and slice them lengthwise into thin strips.
- To serve, put the vermicelli on plates or in bowls. Scatter each serving with a layer of cucumber strips and then top with the shredded chicken. Pour the sesame sauce over the chicken and sprinkle with the remaining scallions.
HEALTHY CHICKEN SALAD RECIPE | BON APPéTIT
CHICKEN & CABBAGE SALAD WITH SESAME SEEDS, SCALLIONS …
SESAME CHICKEN SALAD - SIMPLY DELICIOUS
4.5/5 (6)Total Time 20 minsCategory LunchPublished 2021-05-01
SCOOPABLE CHICKEN SALAD RECIPE - FOOD NETWORK KITCHEN
Author Hungry GirlSteps 2Difficulty Easy
SESAME CHICKEN SALAD RECIPE - FOOD.COM
GINGER-SCALLION CHICKEN WITH ASIAN SALAD RECIPE - FOOD.COM
SESAME-SCALLION CHICKEN SALAD | PUNCHFORK
SESAME SCALLION CHICKEN SALAD FOOD - HOMEANDRECIPE.COM
CRAVINGS | SESAME CHICKEN SALAD
SESAME CHICKEN SALAD - PARENTING
SESAME-SCALLION CHICKEN SALAD – FOODATHOME
SESAME-SCALLION CHICKEN SALAD | RECIPE | CHICKEN SALAD RECIPES, …
SCALLION SALAD WITH SESAME RECIPE | EPICURIOUS
SESAME CRUSTED TROUT WITH GINGER SCALLION SALAD - FOOD.COM
SESAME-SCALLION CHICKEN SALAD | BON APPéTIT - LUNCH
You'll also love