7-LAYER GELATIN SALAD
Here's an eye-catching salad that my mother makes for Christmas dinner each year. You can choose different flavors to make other color combinations for specific holidays or other gatherings. -Jan Hemness, Stockton, Missouri
Provided by Taste of Home
Yield 20 servings.
Number Of Ingredients 6
- In a small bowl, add 3/4 cup boiling water to 1 gelatin package; stir 2 minutes to completely dissolve. Stir in 3/4 cup cold water. Pour into a 3-qt. trifle or glass bowl. Refrigerate until set but not firm, about 40 minutes., In a clean bowl, dissolve another gelatin package into 1/2 cup boiling water. Stir in 1/2 cup cold water and 1/2 cup milk. Spoon over the first layer. Refrigerate until set but not firm., Repeat 5 times, alternating plain and creamy gelatin layers. Refrigerate each layer until set but not firm before adding the next layer. Refrigerate, covered, overnight. Serve with whipped topping and, if desired, fruit.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 163 calories, Fat 3g fat (3g saturated fat), Cholesterol 6mg cholesterol, Sodium 85mg sodium, Carbohydrate 30g carbohydrate (30g sugars, Fiber 0 fiber), Protein 4g protein.
SEVEN LAYER GELATIN SALAD
- Coat a 9x13 inch dish with cooking spray.
- Dissolve one package of gelatin in 3/4 cup boiling water. Stir in 3/4 cup cold water. Spoon into pan and refrigerate until almost set, 45 minutes.
- Dissolve another package of gelatin in 1/2 cup boiling water. Stir in 1/2 cup cold water and 1/2 cup evaporated milk. Spoon over first layer and refrigerate until almost set, 45 minutes.
- Repeat steps 2 and 3 until all gelatin is used. Just before serving, top with whipped topping.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 188.6 calories, Carbohydrate 34.8 g, Cholesterol 6.1 mg, Fat 3.7 g, Protein 4 g, SaturatedFat 3 g, Sodium 106.2 mg, Sugar 3.5 g
SEVEN-LAYER GELATIN SALAD
By alternating fruity layers of gelatin in harvest colors with sweetened sour cream, Melody Mellinger of Myerstown, Pennsylvania created one eye-catching treat. "Kids really fall for it," she says with a laugh, "but it's impressive enough to satisfy any adult."
Provided by Taste of Home
Yield 12-15 servings.
Number Of Ingredients 11
- In a bowl, dissolve cherry gelatin in 1 cup boiling water. Add 1/2 cup cold water; stir. Pour into a 13-in. x 9-in. dish coated with cooking spray; refrigerate until set but not firm, about 30 minutes., In a small saucepan, sprinkle unflavored gelatin over 1/2 cup cold water. Let stand for 1 minute. Stir in milk and sugar. Cook and stir over medium heat until gelatin and sugar are dissolved. , Remove from the heat. Whisk in sour cream and vanilla until smooth. Spoon 1-2/3 cups creamy gelatin mixture over the first flavored layer. Chill until set but not firm. Prepare remaining flavored gelatin as directed for cherry gelatin. Alternately layer flavored gelatins with creamy gelatin layers, allowing each to set before adding next layer. Top with lime gelatin. Refrigerate overnight. Cut into squares.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 222 calories, Fat 6g fat (4g saturated fat), Cholesterol 26mg cholesterol, Sodium 85mg sodium, Carbohydrate 36g carbohydrate (35g sugars, Fiber 0 fiber), Protein 5g protein.
SEVEN-LAYER GELATIN SALAD
The first time I made this my kids were in awe. They loved the colors. I took it to a church potluck and it was gone really quick. The recipe takes time as the jello layers need to set - however the presentation is very nice. I think this is a TOH recipe.
Provided by Chef on the coast
Categories Very Low Carbs
Yield 1 pan, 15-20 serving(s)
Number Of Ingredients 5
- In a bowl, dissolve on package of gelatin in 3/4 cup boiling water.
- Add 3/4 cup cold water; stir.
- Pour carefully into 13x9 inch dish coated with nonstick cooking spray. Refrigerate until almost set, about 40 minutes.
- In a bowl, dissolve another package of gelatin in 1/2 cup boiling water. Add 1/2 cup cold water and 1/2 cup evaporated milk.
- Stir. Spoon over first layer.
- Refrigerate until almost set, about 40 minutes.
- Repeat 5 times, alternating plain gelatin with creamy gelatin, refrigerating 40 minutes between layers.
- Just before serving, spread top with whipped topping.
- Garnish with mint and fresh fruit if desired.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 209.8, Fat 5.6, SaturatedFat 4.4, Cholesterol 6.6, Sodium 107.5, Carbohydrate 5.8, Sugar 3.5, Protein 35.3
People also searched
More about "seven layer jello food"
7 LAYER JELLO RECIPE - FOOD.COM | RECIPE | LAYERED JELLO, JELLO …
7 LAYER JELLO RECIPES ALL YOU NEED IS FOOD
THE TRICK TO MAKING LAYERED JELL-O - MASHED.COM
7 LAYER JELLO SALAD RECIPES ALL YOU NEED IS FOOD
SEVEN LAYER JELLO RECIPES ALL YOU NEED IS FOOD - STEVEHACKS
7 LAYER DIP (EASY AND DAIRY FREE) - THE REAL FOOD DIETITIANS
SEVEN LAYER JELLO SALAD RECIPE | CDKITCHEN.COM
THE FOOD LIBRARIAN: 7 LAYER FINGER JELLO
7 LAYER JELLO CONDENSED MILK FOOD - HOMEANDRECIPE.COM
7 LAYER JELLO RECIPES ALL YOU NEED IS FOOD - STEVEHACKS
SEVEN-LAYER JELLO | JELLO DESSERT RECIPES, LAYERED JELLO, JELLO DESSERTS
7 LAYER FINGER JELLO RECIPE | SAY MMM
SEVEN LAYER JELLO - BIGOVEN.COM
SEVEN LAYER FINGER JELLO RECIPE - FOOD.COM
#course #preparation #occasion #for-large-groups #low-protein #healthy #gelatin #desserts #easy #summer #dietary #low-sodium #seasonal #low-calorie #low-in-something #number-of-servings
You'll also love
Top Asked Questions
How do you make a 6th layer of Jello?6th Layer. Boil 1/2 cup hot water. Add raspberry jello and stir until dissolved. Remove from heat and add 1/2 cup cold water and 1/2 cup evaporated milk. Stir and gently pour over 5th layer. Chill 30 minutes. Boil 3/4 cup hot water. Add strawberry jello and stir until dissolved. Remove from heat and add 3/4 cup cold water.
How many layers are in a Jell-O salad?Dessert Salad Recipes Jell-O® Salad Seven Layer Gelatin Salad Seven Layer Gelatin Salad Rating: 4.45 stars 93 Ratings 5star values:57 4star values:26 3star values:6 2star values:2 1star values:2 Read Reviews Add Review 93 Ratings 78 Reviews 35 Photos Don't wait until the last minute to make this recipe.
How much water do you put in a jello shake?Boil 3/4 cup hot water. Add lime jello and stir until dissolved. Remove from heat and add 3/4 cup cold water. Stir and gently pour over 2nd layer. Chill for 30 minutes.
How do you make Jello Jigglers?It has the consistency of Jello Jigglers, which makes it an ideal finger food for kids." Very lightly grease a 9"x12" pan. Mix 1 box jello and 1 package gelatin with 1 cup boiling water. Pour into pan and refrigerate until set, about 20 minutes. While first layer is setting, dissolve 2 packages gelatin in 1/4 cup cold water.