The eggs in this beloved breakfast dish are sauced with a ranchero-style sauce of roasted tomatoes, spicy ancho chiles and smoky chipotles. To make breakfast easier, make the sauce ahead of time and reheat to serve, adding a bit of water to thin if necessary.
Provided by Food Network Kitchen
Yield 4 servings
Number Of Ingredients 17
- For the ranchero sauce: Preheat the oven to 500 degrees F and put the tomatoes, garlic cloves and onion on a rimmed baking sheet. Roast the vegetables, turning occasionally, until blistered and charred in spots, about 35 minutes. When cool enough to handle, remove the papery skins from the garlic.
- Meanwhile, bring a small pot of water to a boil. Add the ancho chiles, cover, and remove from the heat. Let sit for 10 minutes, then drain and pat dry.
- Put the vegetables and any juices from the baking sheet into a blender. Add the ancho chiles, 1/2 teaspoon each chopped chipotle and adobo sauce and 1/2 teaspoon salt and blend until fairly smooth. Taste; if you want the sauce spicier, stir in the remaining chopped chipotle and adobo sauce.
- Heat the oil in a medium pot over medium heat. Add the sauce (it will sizzle) and 1/3 cup water and cook, stirring, until thickened but pourable, about 5 minutes. Taste and season with salt as necessary. Cover and keep warm over low heat. If the sauce thickens too much, add 1 tablespoon of water at a time to thin it out.
- For the refried beans: Put the beans in a medium bowl with about half of their reserved liquid and mash with a potato masher until smooth. Heat the vegetable oil in a medium nonstick skillet over medium heat until shimmering, then add the mashed beans and a big pinch of salt and mash again until smooth. Cook, stirring and scraping with a rubber spatula, until heated through. If the beans seem dry, add some more of the reserved liquid until they are creamy. Taste, season with salt if necessary and cover and keep warm over low heat.
- For serving: Preheat the oven to 200 degrees F and line a baking sheet with paper towels. Heat 2 teaspoons vegetable oil in a medium skillet over medium heat until shimmering. Add 1 tortilla and cook until the underside blisters, about 15 seconds. Flip the tortilla with tongs and continue to cook until the underside blisters, about 15 seconds. Remove from the pan to the lined baking sheet. Repeat with the remaining 7 tortillas, adding more oil if necessary. Spread about 2 tablespoons of the refried beans on each tortilla and keep warm in the oven.
- Using the same skillet the tortillas were fried in, heat 1 tablespoon oil until shimmering, about 1 minute. Crack 4 eggs into the skillet and cook until the edges are crispy and whites are almost set. Cover the skillet with a big pot lid and cook until the whites are completely set, 1 more minute. Remove the tortillas from the oven, top four with an egg, then return to the oven and repeat with the 4 remaining eggs.
- Top the remaining tortillas with the remaining eggs. Sprinkle each with a pinch of salt, some ranchero sauce, Cotija cheese, cilantro and onion. Serve immediately.
- Prepare the salsa: Set a grater in a large bowl; grate the tomatoes and onion into the bowl. Add the jalapeno, chopped garlic, hot sauce, cumin and salt and pepper to taste. Heat a medium skillet over low heat and add 2 teaspoons olive oil. Fry the salsa in the oil until it thickens slightly, 3 minutes. Remove to a bowl and set aside. Add the beans to the same pan along with the smashed garlic, 1/2 cup warm water and a pinch of salt; cook over low heat until warmed through, smashing slightly with a fork. Meanwhile, heat the remaining 2 tablespoons oil in another skillet. Fry the eggs sunny-side up; season with pepper. Place 1 warm tortilla on each plate. Divide the beans among them, then top with a fried egg, some salsa and cheese. Sprinkle with cilantro and serve with the remaining salsa.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 360, Fat 19 grams, SaturatedFat 6 grams, Cholesterol 228 milligrams, Sodium 430 milligrams, Carbohydrate 33 grams, Fiber 7 grams, Protein 16 grams
People also searched
More about "sheet pan huevos rancheros food"
SHEET PAN HUEVOS RANCHEROS | AN EASY BRUNCH - THE …
5/5 (2)Calories 488 per servingTotal Time 25 mins
- Place the tortillas on a lined sheet pan (use 2 sheet pans if don't have one large enough). Broil for 4-5 minutes, until brown and slightly crispy.
- Meanwhile, make the sauce. Add the rancheros sauce ingredients to your food processor, and pulse until smooth. Set aside.
- Once the tortillas are done broiling, reduce the oven temperature to 375°. Scoop about 1 T of the sauce to each tortilla, spreading evenly 1 inch from the edges. Try to create a "nest" with the sauce to help the egg stay on the tortillas.
- Crack each egg in the middle of the tortilla, trying your best not to let the egg run off the tortilla. It's okay if it does, it'll still be delicious!
SHEET PAN VEGETARIAN HUEVOS RANCHEROS - FOOD …
5/5 (7)Total Time 30 minsCategory Breakast, BrunchCalories 400 per serving
- Place the tomatoes, cumin, onion, garlic, cilantro, jalapenos, 2 sprigs of cilantro and green pepper in blender and puree until smooth. Then transfer to a microwave safe dish and cook for 5 minutes in microwave.
- Spray another baking sheet with non- stick cooking spray and add tortillas, spacing evenly (don't worry if they hang over the edge.)Bake ONLY 5 minutes. *If they puff up in spots, pop it with a toothpick and push the air out. But be careful, the steam is HOT! Cool for 2 minutes after baking and flatten.
HOW TO MAKE EASY HUEVOS RANCHEROS ON A SHEET PAN
Author The Oregon DietitianViews 81
STACKED HUEVOS RANCHEROS - SHE LIKES FOOD
HOW TO MAKE THE BEST HUEVOS RANCHEROS - KITCHN
SHEET-PAN HUEVOS RANCHEROS - MEXICAN RECIPES - OLD …
FRESH HUEVOS RANCHEROS RECIPE - COOKIE AND KATE
SHEET PAN HUEVOS RANCHEROS RECIPE | VALLERY LOMAS
5/5 (2)Total Time 35 minsCategory Main-DishCalories 279 per serving
- Toss the tortilla triangles with the oil and 1 tablespoon taco seasoning in a large bowl. Evenly spread on the prepared baking sheet. Bake, tossing the chips halfway through, until golden brown and crisp, 12 to 14 minutes.
- Meanwhile, put the tomatoes, onions, 1/4 cup packed cilantro leaves and stems, jalapeño, 1/2 teaspoon salt and the remaining 2 tablespoons of taco seasoning in a blender. Blend until very smooth. Transfer to a small saucepan, cover and cook over medium heat, stirring occasionally, until the sauce deepens in color and the flavors meld, 5 to 8 minutes.
- Put the refried beans and 2 to 3 tablespoons water in another small saucepan over medium heat and cook, stirring frequently, until warmed through, about 5 minutes.
SHEET-PAN HUEVOS RANCHEROS - EATINGWELL
5/5 (1)Total Time 45 minsServings 4Calories 262 per serving
BEST HUEVOS RANCHEROS RECIPE - HOW TO MAKE HUEVOS RANCHEROS
SHEET PAN HUEVOS RANCHEROS – SEASON GENEROUSLY
HUEVOS RANCHEROS WITH HATCH GREEN CHILE | NEW MEXICO RECIPE
HOW TO MAKE SHEET PAN HUEVOS RANCHEROS | RECIPE
SHEET PAN HUEVOS RANCHEROS – ROLLING HARVEST FOOD RESCUE
SHEET-PAN HUEVOS RANCHEROS | AMERICA'S TEST KITCHEN RECIPE
SHEET PAN HUEVOS RANCHEROS – THIS LITTLE GOAT
BEGINNER MEXICAN: EASY SHEET PAN HUEVOS RANCHEROS
SHEET PAN HUEVOS RANCHEROS RECIPE | FOOD NETWORK KITCHEN
SHEET PAN HUEVOS RANCHEROS – WORKING WOMAN'S FOOD
SHEET PAN HUEVOS RANCHEROS RECIPE - FOOD.COM
SHEET PAN HUEVOS RANCHEROS - SPRINKLES & SEA SALT
Are you curently on diet or you just want to control your food's nutritions, ingredients? We will help you find recipes by cooking method, nutrition, ingredients...Check it out »
You'll also love