SKILLET POTATO CAKE
The trick here is to start the potato cake on top of the stove to heat it quickly, and then transfer it to the oven where it will develop a crunchy crust.
Provided by Martha Stewart
Categories Food & Cooking Healthy Recipes Gluten-Free Recipes
Number Of Ingredients 5
- Preheat the oven to 425 degrees. Put the potatoes in a medium saucepan of salted water. Bring to a boil, reduce the heat to medium, and cook until tender, about 10 minutes. Drain.
- In a 10-inch cast-iron skillet, heat the butter and oil over medium heat. Stir in the potatoes, scallions, 1/4 teaspoon salt, and 1/8 teaspoon pepper. With the back of a large spoon, press the potatoes into the pan, crushing them slightly.
- Bake the potato cake until the edges are golden brown, about 20 minutes. Loosen the cake with a heatproof spatula if necessary. Cover the pan with a plate, flip over, and remove the pan.
IRISH POTATO CAKES
Provided by Food Network Kitchen
Number Of Ingredients 0
- Combine 2 cups leftover mashed potatoes, a heaping 1/3 cup flour, 2 tablespoons milk and 1 tablespoon chopped mixed herbs in a bowl; knead until smooth. Season with salt and pepper. Divide into 4 balls on a floured surface and flatten each into a 3-inch patty. Melt 1 1/2 tablespoons butter in a large skillet over medium-high heat; add the patties and cook until golden brown, 4 to 5 minutes per side, adding more butter to the pan as needed. Season with salt.
CHEESY POTATO CAKE RECIPE BY TASTY
Here's what you need: russet potatoes, all-purpose flour, garlic, grated parmesan cheese, salt, pepper, heavy cream, shredded cheddar cheese, gruyère cheese, ham, fresh parsley
Provided by Pierce Abernathy
Yield 12 servings
Number Of Ingredients 11
- Preheat the oven to 375˚F (190˚C).
- Using a mandolin or a sharp knife, thinly slice the potatoes lengthwise.
- In a 13-inch (33-cm) cast iron skillet, layer slices of potatoes around the outside of the pan. Add another layer of potatoes, keeping them centered in the pan and moving clockwise until the pan is covered.
- Top with a third of the cheddar cheese, a third of the Gruyère cheese, and half of the ham.
- Add another layer of potato slices around the outside of the pan, then a add layer of slices around the center of the pan. Top with another third of the cheddar and Gruyère and the remaining ham slices.
- Add a final layer of potato slices around the center of the pan
- Top with the remaining cheddar and Gruyère cheese.
- Cover with greased aluminum foil and bake for 40 minutes.
- Remove the pan from the oven and increase the oven temperature to 400˚F (200˚C).
- In a medium bowl, combine the flour, garlic, Parmesan, salt, pepper and mix well.
- Slowly add in the cream, whisking until fully incorporated.
- Uncover the skillet and pour the cream mixture over potatoes, spreading evenly.
- Bake for another 10-15 minutes uncovered, until the cheese is melted and golden brown.
- Cool for at least 30 minutes, then slice and serve.
- Garnish with fresh parsley.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 450 calories, Carbohydrate 25 grams, Fat 30 grams, Fiber 2 grams, Protein 21 grams, Sugar 2 grams
From Good Food Magazine, March 1986. This is really not a cake, but more like a frittata or a quiche. This can be cut in wedges and alternated with wedges of Recipe #298961 on 2 serving plates.
Provided by JackieOhNo
Yield 8 serving(s)
Number Of Ingredients 8
- Grate potatoes and onion using shredding disk of food processor or hand-held grater. Squeeze out excess liquid.
- Combine potatoes, onion, and remaining ingredients except oil in medium mixing bowl.
- Heat oil in 10-inch nonstick skillet over medium-high heat. Spread potato mixture evenly in skillet. Reduce heat to medium; cook covered until top is nearly set and bottom lightly browned, 6-8 minutes. Invert cake onto platter and slide back into skillet. Cook until bottom is golden brown, about 4 minutes. Cut into 8 wedges. Transfer to serving plate and serve hot.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 163.3, Fat 4.5, SaturatedFat 1.1, Cholesterol 93, Sodium 333.9, Carbohydrate 24.8, Fiber 3.3, Sugar 1.6, Protein 6.3
EASY SKILLET POTATOES
Make and share this Easy Skillet Potatoes recipe from Food.com.
Provided by WibblyWobblyIzzy
Yield 20-30 potato pieces, 2-3 serving(s)
Number Of Ingredients 3
- get a pan hot (medium heat)
- add oil to the pan.
- slice the potatoes any you would like.
- when the oil gets hot add the potatoes (test with a splash of water - it will sizzle when hot).
- sprinkle Lawry's salt on the potatoes (a little goes a long way).
- when they are done they will be brown - dark brown and hard.
People also searched
More about "skillet potato cake food"
ALEX GUARNASCHELLI’S CRISPY, BUTTERY POTATO CAKE IS A STAR …
Estimated Reading Time 6 mins
ALEX MAKES: SKILLET POTATO CAKE | FN DISH - FOOD NETWORK
EASY IRISH POTATO CAKES (4 INGREDIENTS) - SPRINKLES AND …
POTATO CAKES (EASY RECIPE) - INSANELY GOOD
5-INGREDIENT MASHED POTATO CAKES | KITCHN
SKILLET POTATO CAKE WITH DILL SOUR CREAM - FOOD52
POTATO CAKE RECIPE | FOOD NETWORK KITCHEN | FOOD NETWORK
4/5 (8)Author Food Network KitchenCuisine AmericanCategory Appetizer
- Melt 2 tablespoons of the butter in a microwave safe bowl and set aside. Peel and grate the potatoes with the shredding attachment of a food processor, or on the wide holes of a box grater. Transfer potatoes to a bowl, and season with salt, pepper, and nutmeg. Drizzle the oil and melted butter over the potatoes and toss to coat evenly. Heat a medium non-stick skillet over medium heat. Add the potatoes and spread to evenly fill the skillet. Cook the potato cake, adding a few nut size bits of the remaining butter around the edges until the underside is crispy brown, about 10 minutes.
- Reduce the heat to medium-low flip the cake sliding onto a plate and then inverting back into the pan. Cook; adding the last of the butter as before around the edges, until golden brown and potatoes are cooked through, about 10 minutes more. Serve immediately.
GOLDEN PAN-FRIED POTATO CAKES - A SPICY PERSPECTIVE
CAST IRON SKILLET POTATO CAKE - TASTY KITCHEN
MASHED POTATO CAKES RECIPE - LEFTOVER MASHED POTATOES CAKE
HASSELBACK POTATO SKILLET BAKE RECIPE ON FOOD52
THE BEST TWICE BAKED POTATOES | THE RECIPE CRITIC
SKILLET POTATO CAKE RECIPE | TRAEGER GRILLS
JUMBO SKILLET POTATO PANCAKE RECIPE - FOOD.COM
GARLIC AND ONION POTATO GALETTE RECIPE - THE SPRUCE EATS
Are you curently on diet or you just want to control your food's nutritions, ingredients? We will help you find recipes by cooking method, nutrition, ingredients...Check it out »
You'll also love