SLOW COOKER PORK CASSEROLE
Cosy up on cold nights with our comforting slow cooker pork casserole. Chopped apples would make a great addition - add them in the final hour of cooking
Provided by Cassie Best
Categories Dinner, Main course, Supper
Number Of Ingredients 11
- Heat your slow cooker. Drizzle the oil in a wide frying pan over a high heat. Season the pork, then add to the hot pan. Avoid overcrowding the meat - you may want to do this in batches. Cook until deep brown all over, then transfer to the slow cooker. Add the onion and leeks to the frying pan and cook for a few mins, until they soften. Add a splash of water and scrape any tasty bits from the bottom, then tip everything into the slow cooker. Add the carrot, herbs, stock cube, mustard and vinegar, season, then add enough water to just cover the ingredients. Stir, then set your slow cooker on low for 6-8 hrs, or high for 5-6 hrs.
- In a saucepan, mix the cornflour and honey with 1-2 tsp of liquid from the slow cooker, until you have a smooth paste. Add 100ml more liquid, bring to a simmer until thickened, then stir back into the casserole. Serve with mash or dumplings, scattered with thyme leaves.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 416 calories, Fat 21 grams fat, SaturatedFat 6 grams saturated fat, Carbohydrate 13 grams carbohydrates, Sugar 10 grams sugar, Fiber 4 grams fiber, Protein 41 grams protein, Sodium 1.2 milligram of sodium
SLOW-COOKER FRENCH PORK AND BEAN CASSEROLE
Take pork and beans to a whole new level with country-style ribs, great northern beans and kielbasa!
Provided by By Betty Crocker Kitchens
Number Of Ingredients 10
- In 10-inch skillet, cook bacon, pork pieces and onion over medium-high heat 8 to 10 minutes, stirring occasionally, until pork begins to brown.
- Spray 3 1/2- to 4-quart slow cooker with cooking spray. In cooker, place pork mixture. Stir in remaining ingredients except beans and kielbasa. Layer beans over top.
- Cover; cook on Low heat setting 6 to 7 hours.
- Stir in kielbasa. Increase heat setting to High. Cover; cook 30 minutes longer or until thoroughly heated.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 610, Carbohydrate 49 g, Cholesterol 90 mg, Fat 1/2, Fiber 12 g, Protein 41 g, SaturatedFat 10 g, ServingSize 1 Serving, Sodium 920 mg, Sugar 7 g, TransFat 0 g
SLOW COOKER BEAN CASSEROLE AKA SWEET CHILI
This is a ground beef and pork and bean casserole that my mom used to make. It has a BBQ flavor to it. My kids ask for it twice a week!! Serve with cornbread or brown bread.
Provided by DKUNESCH
Number Of Ingredients 9
- In a slow cooker, mix together ketchup, molasses, mustard, pork and beans, salt, and pepper.
- Cook bacon and bell pepper in a large skillet over medium heat for about 5 to 7 minutes, then add to the slow cooker. In same skillet, brown beef, and stir into the slow cooker.
- Cover, and cook on High setting for 1 hour.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 469.9 calories, Carbohydrate 33.1 g, Cholesterol 91.9 mg, Fat 25.5 g, Fiber 3.8 g, Protein 27.9 g, SaturatedFat 9.3 g, Sodium 1086.4 mg, Sugar 19.2 g
Perfect for using up stray bits and pieces from the fridge, this pork and bean stew is rich, warming and cheap to prepare
Provided by Jack Monroe
Categories Dinner, Main course, Supper
Number Of Ingredients 16
- Heat oven to 140C/120C fan/gas 1. Put a large ovenproof pan (with a tight-fitting lid) on a high heat. Add your fat and diced meat, cook for a few mins to seal the edges, giving it a quick stir to cook evenly. Reduce the heat to low, add the sliced onion, whole garlic cloves, carrot and fennel seeds, and cook gently to soften the veg for a few mins.
- Pour over the red wine vinegar, scraping any meaty bits off the bottom of the pan. Add the stock, tomato purée, and half the rosemary and parsley. Bring to the boil and simmer for 10 mins, then season, cover with a lid and put into the oven for 2 hrs, removing the lid for the final hour of cooking. Stir occasionally and add the beans with 30 mins to go.
- Remove the pan from the oven and heat the grill. Scatter the top with the remaining herbs and breadcrumbs, drizzle a little oil over the top, and return to the oven for 5-10 mins, until the breadcrumbs are golden. Serve with crusty bread and green veg.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 501 calories, Fat 30 grams fat, SaturatedFat 11 grams saturated fat, Carbohydrate 26 grams carbohydrates, Sugar 6 grams sugar, Fiber 8 grams fiber, Protein 28 grams protein, Sodium 2.1 milligram of sodium
SLOW-COOKED BEAN CASSEROLE
- Generously cover the beans with cold water and leave to soak overnight, then drain.
- Heat the oven to 160C/Gas 3/fan oven 140C. Cut the bacon rind off in one piece and put it in the bottom of a medium-sized casserole. Add the beans, onion, bouquet garni, garlic and some pepper and bury the meat in the beans. Pour in enough water to cover the beans generously and add the lid. Bake until the beans are very soft and a few start to burst. This can take 1-3 hours, depending on the age and type of bean and the thickness of the pot, so check occasionally to see how they are doing. If the beans begin to dry, add more water. The liquid should have evaporated so that the beans are moist but not soupy. If the liquid is too thin, take the lid off for the last half hour's cooking, or at the end of cooking, boil the pot on top of the stove to evaporate the liquid.
- When the beans are tender, stir in the wine and some salt and pepper. Cover and leave to cool for about an hour, so the beans absorb the wine. Remove the bacon and discard the onion and bouquet garni. Dice the bacon and stir it into the beans. The bacon rind can be discarded, or diced and added to the pot.
- Reheat the beans and, if too much liquid remains, boil to reduce it. Taste, adjust the seasoning and serve.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 457 calories, Fat 18 grams fat, SaturatedFat 7 grams saturated fat, Carbohydrate 38 grams carbohydrates, Fiber 13 grams fiber, Protein 27 grams protein, Sodium 2.72 milligram of sodium
HOMEMADE PORK AND BEANS, SLOW COOK METHOD (GF)
I like this recipe because its simple and quick and a good way to empty out those ketchup bottles! Once it is put together in the cooker you can forget about it until supper. I serve this with toast and a salad. The leftovers are frozen and added to homemade chili. For those on gluten free diets, please make sure all your ingredients are GF.
Provided by All about pies in W
Categories One Dish Meal
Yield 16-18 cups, 8-10 serving(s)
Number Of Ingredients 10
- If your beans have soaked overnight, Add enough HOT water to cover beans by about an inch.
- Cook on High 1 hour or longer until beans are tender.
- Beans need to be tender before you add the other ingredients otherwise it is hard to cook them to the soft stage.
- If you forgot to do this step then, place 4 cups beans into slow cooker.
- Add at least 10 cups hot water, cover.
- Cook on High for 2 hours.
- Test a bean - they should be soft/tender BEFORE adding remaining ingredients.
- Put remaining ingredients into slow cooker.
- Stir gently.
- Cover and cook: On Low for 8 to 10 hours or on High for 4 to 5 hours.
PORK AND BEAN CASSEROLE
Every once in a while I crave pork and beans and when I do I love to make this recipe. It has a slightly sweet filling and is topped with flaky biscuits and cheese for a nice flavor contrast making it almost like a pie.
Provided by More Sunshine
Yield 8 serving(s)
Number Of Ingredients 6
- Brown ground beef; drain fat.
- Heat pork and beans in a medium saucepan. Add brown sugar and ketchup. (Start off with 1/2 tablespoon brown sugar and 1/2 tablespoon ketchup, gradually adding more until it suits your taste. I like mine a little on the sweet side.)
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees (the oven tempurature may vary depending on the brand of biscuits you use).
- Combine ground beef and pork and beans in a 2 1/2 quart casserole.
- Place biscuits on a baking sheet, baking them 4 minutes (just long enough so that the bottoms of the biscuits start to cook).
- Place the slightly baked biscuits on top of the pork and bean mixture. Sprinkle with cheese. Bake covered at 350 degrees for 20-30 minutes.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 452.6, Fat 20.3, SaturatedFat 6.8, Cholesterol 66.1, Sodium 998.2, Carbohydrate 43.9, Fiber 6.5, Sugar 2.1, Protein 25
More about "slow cooker french pork and bean casserole food"
CLASSIC FRENCH CASSOULET - JO COOKS
4.5/5 (71)Calories 430 per servingCategory Main Course
- Brown the sausage: In a dutch oven or heavy bottomed sauce pan, brown the sausages whole. I prefer a smaller bite so I dice them up in pieces. Remove them once browned.
- Cook the chicken: Add the chicken breasts to the Dutch oven next, season with salt and pepper, and cook until the chicken is no longer pink and cooked through. Remove and set aside.
- Saute veggies: Add onion, carrot, and leeks to the pot in the residual sausage fat and cook until tender, about 4 minutes. Then add the shallots and garlic and saute for an additional minute.
CASSOULET (FRENCH PORK AND BEAN CASSEROLE)
4.3/5 (3)Category Dinner, Main DishCuisine FrenchTotal Time 5 hrs 30 mins
- Place beans in a bowl or pot and mix in kosher salt. Add enough cold water to cover the beans, plus an extra 2-3 inches of water. Leave at room temperature to soak 8 – 24 hours.
- In a large Dutch oven or other oven safe pot (at least 6 ¾ quarts, unless you are scaling down the recipe), cook bacon over medium heat until browned, 7-10 minutes, stirring often. Remove bacon with a slotted spoon to a paper-towel lined plate.
- Season pork shoulder pieces and chicken thighs with black pepper. (I do not use salt due to the salt in the bacon and sausage.)
- Turn heat to medium-high. Brown the pork shoulder in the pot with the bacon fat, stirring often to get all sides browned. Remove browned pork to a plate.
SLOW-COOKER RUSTIC PORK AND WHITE BEAN …
PORK CASSEROLE RECIPE - SLOW COOKED …
SLOW COOKER PORK AND BEANS - SLOW COOKER GOURMET
5/5 (1)Total Time 6 hrs 15 minsCategory Main Course, Side DishCalories 341 per serving
PORK CASSEROLE RECIPE | OLIVEMAGAZINE
Servings 6Total Time 3 hrs 15 minsCategory DinnerCalories 472 per serving
CROCK POT FRENCH DIP RECIPE - SLOWCOOKERMEALS.COM
SLOW COOKER SAUSAGE CASSEROLE - SLOW COOKER CLUB
THOMAS KELLER'S SLOW COOKER CASSOULET - CLASSIC FRENCH COMFORT …
15 CAJUN RED BEANS AND RICE RECIPE SLOW COOKER - SELECTED RECIPES
CROCK POT /SLOW COOKER FRENCH CANADIAN BEANS - FOOD.COM
FRENCH PORK AND WHITE BEAN CASSEROLE (CASSOULET)
23 BEST SLOW COOKER CASSEROLE RECIPES - INSANELY GOOD
75+ EASY SLOW COOKER RECIPES TO MAKE IN YOUR CROCK POT
TOP 50 SLOW COOKER GREEN BEAN CASSEROLE RECIPES
12 COMFORTING CASSEROLES TO MAKE IN YOUR SLOW COOKER
You'll also love
Top Asked Questions
How do you cook beans in a slow cooker?If you forgot to do this step then, place 4 cups beans into slow cooker. Add at least 10 cups hot water, cover. Cook on High for 2 hours. Test a bean - they should be soft/tender BEFORE adding remaining ingredients. Drain. Put remaining ingredients into slow cooker. Stir gently.
How long do you cook pork and beans in a casserole?Combine ground beef and pork and beans in a 2 1/2 quart casserole. Place biscuits on a baking sheet, baking them 4 minutes (just long enough so that the bottoms of the biscuits start to cook). Place the slightly baked biscuits on top of the pork and bean mixture. Sprinkle with cheese. Bake covered at 350 degrees for 20-30 minutes.
How do you cook pork in a casserole?Method 1 Heat ½ the oil in a casserole, season the pork and fry, in batches, for 3-4 minutes until browned. Scoop onto a plate with a slotted spoon. ... 2 Tip in the beans and simmer for another 30 minutes or until the pork is very tender. 3 Heat the grains according to pack instructions and divide between bowls. ...
How do you cook pork and beans together?Turn the heat down low, put on a lid and simmer gently for 2 hours. Tip in the beans and simmer for another 30 minutes or until the pork is very tender. Heat the grains according to pack instructions and divide between bowls. Spoon over the pork and beans, and top with a little parsley and soured cream.