CROCK POT KIELBASA & SAUERKRAUT
- Slice 1 onion into thin strips and caramelize.
- Drain and rinse sauerkraut.
- Slice kielbasa into 1-inch lengths.
- Combine water, cider and brown sugar.
- Combine all ingredients well in crock pot.
- Cook on high 6 hours.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 435.9, Fat 31.2, SaturatedFat 10.5, Cholesterol 74.8, Sodium 2608.9, Carbohydrate 23.8, Fiber 7.2, Sugar 15.5, Protein 16.2
GRANDPA'S SAUERKRAUT AND KIELBASA
I grew up asking for sauerkraut instead of candy as a child, and my grandfather always made it for me. This is my version of what he would make.
Provided by Twitterpated
Categories One Dish Meal
Yield 4 serving(s)
Number Of Ingredients 9
- Put the cold butter in a cold pan with the diced onion, and slowly bring to a simmer on medium heat.
- This brings out the sweetness of the onions.
- Simmer for about 10 minutes.
- Add minced garlic and simmer 2 more minutes.
- Add next 3 ingredients.
- Combine with the sauerkraut (undrained and not rinsed), kielbasa and potatoes.
- Bring to a simmer on the stove top.
- Cover loosely with foil and place in a preheated 225°F oven for 3 hours.
SAUERKRAUT AND KIELBASA (CROCK POT)
I love sauerkraut but the rest of my family aren't fans, but even my family enjoyed sauerkraut cooked this way served with rye bread. Adapted from Slow Cooker Cooking.
Provided by ellie_
Categories One Dish Meal
Yield 6-8 serving(s)
Number Of Ingredients 12
- Place the drained sauerkraut in the slow cooker.
- Add onion, carrot, garlic, caraway seeds, thyme, bay leaves, juniper berries or gin (if using) and pepper.
- Stir to combine.
- Place kielbasa on top of all.
- Pour in the wine (or grape juice) and broth on top.
- Cover and cook on low for 8-10 hours.
- Discard bay leaves and serve.
SLOW COOKER PORK LOIN ROAST WITH SAUERKRAUT AND KIELBASA
- Preheat the broiler in the oven. Place the roast in a roasting pan, brush with olive oil, sprinkle with thyme leaves (hubby not a fan of thyme, I used parsley), and season with salt and pepper.
- Place under the broiler for 10 - 15 minutes, until lightly browned in several places.
- Place 2 lbs of the sauerkraut in the slow cooker.
- Place the roast in the center over the sauerkraut, topped with apples.
- Optional: Add quartered red potatoes, and thin sliced carrots.
- Arrange kielbasa pieces around the edges of the crock.
- Cover with remaining sauerkraut.
- Cover. Cook on High for 6 hours.
More about "slow cooker sauerkraut and kielbasa food"
SLOW COOKER KIELBASA AND SAUERKRAUT - ACCIDENTAL HAPPY …
4.4/5 (22)Category Main Dish
SLOW COOKER SAUERKRAUT AND KIELBASA - SIMPLY HAPPY …
4.8/5 (15)Total Time 4 hrs 15 minsCategory DinnerCalories 452 per serving
- Add the sauerkraut, kielbasa, apple, onion, caraway seeds, and garlic to the slow cooker crock. Stir.
- In a separate container mix together the apple cider, water, and brown sugar. Pour over the sauerkraut mixture.
10 BEST KIELBASA SAUERKRAUT SLOW COOKER RECIPES | YUMMLY
KIELBASA AND SAUERKRAUT RECIPE (EASY!) | WHOLESOME …
KIELBASA KAPUSTA - SLOW COOKER RECIPE! • FOOD FOLKS AND FUN
SLOW COOKER KIELBASA AND SAUERKRAUT
5/5 (2)Total Time 2 hrs 5 minsCategory Main CourseCalories 555 per serving
SLOW COOKER SAUERKRAUT AND KIELBASA IS A DELICIOUS COMFORT FOOD …
SPICY CHILI RECIPE SLOW COOKER KIELBASA AND BEER RECIPE
SLOW COOKER KIELBASA AND SAUERKRAUT RECIPES - FOOD NEWS
SLOW COOKER SAUERKRAUT AND KIELBASA RECIPES
SLOW COOKER KIELBASA WITH SAUERKRAUT AND POTATOES
CROCK POT KIELBASA AND SAUERKRAUT - SALT & BAKER
15 KIELBASA CROCKPOT RECIPES - SELECTED RECIPES
SLOW COOKER KIELBASA WITH SAUERKRAUT AND APPLE - THE SPRUCE EATS
SLOW COOKER KIELBASA AND SAUERKRAUT - BIGOVEN.COM
SLOW COOKER KIELBASA AND SAUERKRAUT (FRESH KIELBASA)
SLOW COOKER KIELBASA AND SAUERKRAUT - BAKE IT WITH LOVE
SLOW COOKER SAUERKRAUT AND KIELBASA : OPTIMAL RESOLUTION LIST
You'll also love
Top Asked Questions
How to cook sauerkraut and kielbasa in a crock pot?This recipe for crock pot sauerkraut and kielbasa is super delicious, and I hope you love it as much as we do. Add the sauerkraut, kielbasa, apple, onion, caraway seeds, and garlic to the slow cooker crock. Stir. In a separate container mix together the apple cider, water, and brown sugar. Pour over the sauerkraut mixture.
How long to cook kielbasa in slow cooker?Instructions 1 Place the sauerkraut, onion, and potatoes in the bottom of a slow cooker. Add the pieces of kielbasa and beer (or 1 cup... 2 Cook for 6 hours on LOW (or 4 hours on HIGH) or until the potatoes are tender but not mushy. Serve with mustard, if... More ...
What to do with leftover kielbasa and sauerkraut?Slow cooker kielbasa and sauerkraut is an easy Polish inspired dinner that you can throw together in minutes, then set it and forget it! This slow cooker recipe features delicious kielbasa sausage, tangy and tender sauerkraut, some light beer, and you can also add a bit of mustard!
How do you cook sauerkraut and onions in a slow cooker?Add onions and cook, stirring occasionally, until onions are translucent and edges begin to brown, about 8-10 minutes. While onions cook rinse and drain sauerkraut at least twice. Make sure sauerkraut is well drained and add it to slow cooker along with onions, salt, pepper, brown sugar, water, and kielbasa.