From Real Simple Magazine October 2004. The size of fish fillets varies from market to market. A good rule of thumb for sole - and for fish in general - is to count on 6 ounces per person.
Provided by JackieOhNo
Categories < 30 Mins
Yield 4 serving(s)
Number Of Ingredients 12
- Preheat broiler. Melt 4 T. of the butter in a large skillet over medium-high heat. Add the shallot and cook 1 to 2 minutes or until just starting to brown. Sprinkle t he flour over the shallot and butter, and whisk until smooth.
- Reduce heat to medium. Add the half-and-half slowly, whisking into a smooth sauce. Cook 2 to 3 minutes, until thickened, whisking as needed. Add the sugar and stir, then add the spinach, nutmeg, salt, and pepper. Cook, stirring occasionally, until hot. Reduce heat to low, so the spinach stays warm.
- Place the fillets on a broiler pan that has been coated with cooking spray. Pour the lemon juice over the fillets, then sprinkle the bread crumbs evenly on top. Dot with the remaining butter. Broil 5 to 6 minutes or until the fillets are opaque and the bread crumbs golden.
- Spoon some creamed spinach onto each of 4 plates, then place a fillet on top. Serve with the lemon wedges.
SOLE FLORENTINE AUX CHAMPIGNONS
Make and share this Sole Florentine Aux Champignons recipe from Food.com.
Provided by Sageca
Yield 4 serving(s)
Number Of Ingredients 12
- Preheat oven 375°F.
- Cook washed spinach with water still clinging over medium-high heat until wilted; drain. When cool enough to handle, gently squeeze out remaining moisture. Finely chop and place in an oiled casserole.
- Top with the sole filet and sprinkle with Old Bay seasoning.
- In skillet heat oil; add onions,salt, garlic and mushrooms; sauté for 4 minutes; whisk in flour and slowly add chicken broth and cream stirring constantly for 3-4 minutes until thickened; stir in Parmesan cheese.
- Spoon over sole.
- Cover and bake for 20 minutes; uncover and bake another 5 minutes.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 253, Fat 10, SaturatedFat 4.7, Cholesterol 76.4, Sodium 666.6, Carbohydrate 12.7, Fiber 4.5, Sugar 1.7, Protein 30.4
- Set a large nonstick saute pan over medium heat. Add the almonds and toast until golden brown, about 5 to 7 minutes. Season with salt and set aside.
- Return the pan to medium heat (if you have 2 pans you can work simultaneously at this point, i.e. 2 fillets per pan) and add a 2-count of olive oil and 1 tablespoon of butter to each pan.
- Put the flour in a shallow dish and season with salt and pepper, to taste. In another shallow dish, whisk together the eggs and milk and season with salt and pepper, to taste. Dredge the fillets in the seasoned flour, then dip them into the egg mixture. Allow some of the excess egg to drain off, then add them to the hot pan. Cook 2 pieces at a time. Fry for 1 1/2 to 2 minutes, then carefully turn the fish over to cook the other side. With a spoon, baste the fillets with the butter sauce. Repeat basting to ensure the fish remains moist. Once the other side is cooked (about 30 seconds) carefully remove the fillets from the pan to a serving platter. Repeat with remaining 2 fillets and a 2-count of oil and 1 tablespoon of butter. Once the fillets have been removed the pan, add the chopped shallots and gently saute over low heat until translucent, about 1 minute. Deglaze the pan with the white wine and finish with the lemon juice. Swirl in the remaining 2 tablespoons of butter. Add the parsley and season, to taste, with salt and pepper. To serve, spoon the sauce over the top of the fillets and sprinkle generously with the toasted almonds.
EASY SOLE MEUNIERE
- Preheat the oven to 200 degrees F. Have 2 heat-proof dinner plates ready
- Combine the flour, 2 teaspoons salt, and 1 teaspoon pepper in a large shallow plate. Pat the sole fillets dry with paper towels and sprinkle one side with salt.
- Heat 3 tablespoons of butter in a large (12-inch) saute pan over medium heat until it starts to brown. Dredge 2 sole fillets in the seasoned flour on both sides and place them in the hot butter. Lower the heat to medium-low and cook for 2 minutes. Turn carefully with a metal spatula and cook for 2 minutes on the other side. While the second side cooks, add 1/2 teaspoon of lemon zest and 3 tablespoons of lemon juice to the pan. Carefully put the fish filets on the ovenproof plates and pour the sauce over them. Keep the cooked fillets warm in the oven while you repeat the process with the remaining 2 fillets. When they're done, add the cooked fillets to the plates in the oven. Sprinkle with the parsley, salt, and pepper and serve immediately.
This dish is my "Copy Cat" version from a local restaurant, Corvo's, in Saranac Lake, NY. I like it better than the Florentine recipes with cream sauces.
Provided by Graymare47 252632
Categories < 60 Mins
Yield 2-3 serving(s)
Number Of Ingredients 7
- Melt 4 tbls butter in a large frying pan, over medium low heat. Add the juice of one lemon.
- Put flour on a paper plate.
- In a separate low dish, mix the water with the beaten eggs.
- Dust the filets with flour, then dip both sides in the beaten egg.
- Fry gently on each side until fish laked easily.
- Remove fish to a heated plate.
- Add the rest of the butter and lemon juice to the frying pan.
- Add the spinach, turning gently until just "wilted".
- Serve spinach under each serving of fish.
SOLE FLORENTINE AU GRATIN
This is such an elegant and flavorful way to prepare fish. This is from my recipe file of "How to Win a Husband 101". A co-worker shared this recipe and warned me it would "Wow" even those that didn't like fish. I prepared this elegant dish when I was dating my husband. He was really impressed and 13 years later, he still loves this dish. The resulting preparation does not have a strong fish flavor and the combination Mornay like sauce served over a bed of spinach tastes like a restaurant quality dish. I included a shrimp sauce option at the end of the recipe.
Provided by Dawn399
Yield 6 serving(s)
Number Of Ingredients 12
- Preheat oven to 400°F.
- Rinse fish and pat dry.
- Fold fillets in half and place then in a large, shallow baking pan.
- Mix Madeira and lemon juice and pour over fish.
- Sprinkle lightly with salt and pepper.
- Bake in 400°F oven for about 15- 20 minutes until fish flakes readily with a fork (baking time varies depending upon the thickness of your fillets).
- Remove from oven and drain off all liquid into a measuring cup.
- Add enough water to make 1 cup and set aside.
- Melt butter in a pan over medium heat and stir in flour, chicken granules, and mustard, cook until bubbly.
- Using a whisk, add reserved fish stock, and whipping cream gradually.
- Continue stirring until thickened and bubbly (about 8-10 minutes).
- Stir in 1/2 cup of the 3/4 cup of Swiss cheese; set aside.
- Squeeze moisture out of spinach.
- Arrange spinach on the bottom of a 1 1/2 quart casserole dish and arrange fish on top.
- Sprinkle with remaining Swiss Cheese.
- Preheat oven to 450°F and reheat sauce.
- Spoon sauce over fish and bake 7-8 minutes.
- Serve immediately.
- *Option* May add tiny pieces of cut up shrimp to sauce to have Sole with Shrimp Florentine au Gratin.
People also searched
More about "sole florentine food"
SOLE FLORENTINE RECIPE | MYRECIPES
5/5 (1)Total Time 20 minsServings 4Calories 451 per serving
EASY CHEESY SOLE FLORENTINE RECIPE - FOOD.COM
POACHED SOLE FLORENTINE RECIPE BY HEALTHYCOOKING | IFOOD.TV
ENTRéES & FRENCH FAVORITES ARCHIVES - LA MADELEINE
BAKED SOLE FLORENTINE RECIPE BY GADGET.COOK | IFOOD.TV
SOLE FLORENTINE RECIPE - ITALIAN FOOD - BELLAONLINE
SOLE FLORENTINE RECIPE - FOOD.COM
SOLE FLORENTINE RECIPE - THE RELUCTANT GOURMET
RECIPES SOLE FILLETS FLORENTINE-STYLE | SOSCUISINE
UNCLE BILL'S SOLE FLORENTINE WITH SPINACH RECIPE - FOOD.COM
BAKED SOLE FILLET RECIPE | THE MEDITERRANEAN DISH
PAN-SEARED LEMON SOLE RECIPE - REAL SIMPLE
ROMANO'S MACARONI GRILL MAIN FOOD MENU | ITALIAN RESTAURANT
SOLE PARMESAN FLORENTINE FILET - THEKITCHENMAN
15 BEST RESTAURANTS IN RESTON, VA FOR 2023 (TOP EATS!)
LUNCH AND DINNER - CAFESANO
Are you curently on diet or you just want to control your food's nutritions, ingredients? We will help you find recipes by cooking method, nutrition, ingredients...Check it out »
#30-minutes-or-less #time-to-make #course #main-ingredient #preparation #very-low-carbs #main-dish #seafood #easy #fish #dietary #low-sodium #low-calorie #low-carb #low-in-something #saltwater-fish #sole-and-flounder
You'll also love