SOUTH TEXAS CARNE GUISADA
In this recipe, chunks of lean beef are simmered with fresh tomatoes, bell pepper, onion, garlic, and Mexican seasonings to make a rich spicy gravy (guisada). Serve with warm tortillas and garnish with guacamole, sour cream, and/or cheddar cheese for awesome guisada tacos. If your gravy is too thin, whisk a 1/2 cup of the gravy with 1 tablespoon of flour and stir it back into the meat mixture; cook until the sauce thickens, about 10 minutes.
Provided by RHONDA35
Number Of Ingredients 13
- Heat vegetable oil in a Dutch oven over medium-high heat. Place the beef sirloin in the Dutch oven and cook until the cubes are brown on all sides, about 10 minutes. Reduce the heat to medium and add the onion, red bell pepper, tomatoes, garlic, cumin, oregano, garlic powder, salt, black pepper, paprika, and water.
- Continue cooking, stirring often, until the meat is tender, about 30 minutes.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 309.4 calories, Carbohydrate 11.8 g, Cholesterol 80.7 mg, Fat 16.9 g, Fiber 3 g, Protein 27.4 g, SaturatedFat 6 g, Sodium 456.5 mg, Sugar 5.8 g
SOUTH TEXAS CARNE GUISADA
- Cut beef into 3/4-inch cubes.
- In nonstick skillet over medium heat, saute beef until brown.
- Add oil and flour and toss with beef until flour is brown.
- Add water and spices, stirring well.
- Add beef broth and reduce heat to medium low.
- Simmer approximately 30 minutes until beef is tender.
- (If sauce seems too thin, add a bit more flour to desired consistency.) Serve spooned onto flour tortillas (like tacos).
- Garnish with sour cream, cheese and pico de gallo.
- In a large saute pan over medium heat add the cubed meat and cook until browned. Add the chopped bell pepper, onion, tomato, garlic, cumin, black pepper and 1-ounce water and stir to combine. Add 1 quart water and bring everything to a boil. Turn the heat down and add the roux. Cook the mixture until it thickens and season with salt, to taste. Transfer to a serving bowl or platter and serve.
AUTHENTIC CARNE GUISADA
A mexican style beef stew. You can also serve this over rice or noodles, but I prefer it on tortillas like a burrito. This doubles and freezes well.
Provided by stimied
Yield 4-6 serving(s)
Number Of Ingredients 15
- Brown beef well in a large cast iron dutch oven, a heavy stainless steel pot can be used with good results.
- Add onion and garlic and cook until onions are translucent.
- Add stock, chili powder, comino, salt, and pepper.
- Bring to a simmer and cook for 2-3 hours or until beef is very tender.
- In a separate skillet mix flour and oil together to form a roux.
- Cook over medium high heat until a dark beige color, about 5 minutes.
- Be careful not to let it burn.
- Carefully add roux to stewed beef.
- Be very careful because it can splatter.
- Bring back to a simmer and thicken, simmer for 5-10 minutes to allow flavors to meld.
- Serve like a soft taco on flour tortillas with fresh cilantro, chopped onions, shredded cheese and sour cream for garnish.
People also searched
More about "south texas carne guisada food"
CARNE GUISADA – TEXAS MONTHLY
TRADITIONAL TEJANO CARNE GUISADA (BRAISED BEEF FOR TACOS)
SOUTH TEXAS CARNE GUISADA - BEEF LOVING TEXANS
Cuisine AmericanCategory Pot Roast / Comfort FoodsServings 8-10Total Time 45 mins
- Cut beef into ¾-inch cubes. In large nonstick skillet or stock pot, sauté beef until brown, over MEDIUM heat. Add oil and flour and toss with beef until flour is brown. Add water and spices, stirring well.
- Add beef broth and reduce heat to MEDIUM-LOW. Simmer approximately 30 minutes until beef is tender. (If sauce seems too thin, add a bit more flour to desired consistency.)
- Spoon Carne Guisada into warm flour tortillas. Garnish with sour cream, cheese and pico de gallo, as desired.
CARNE GUISADA, TEX-MEX STEW | HOMESICK TEXAN
4.9/5 (28)Servings 8
TOP 50 SOUTH TEXAS CARNE GUISADA RECIPE RECIPES
SOUTH TEXAS CARNE GUISADA RECIPE | FLIPBOARD
SOUTH TEXAS CARNE GUISADA RECIPE | ALLRECIPES
TOP 45 TEXAS CARNE GUISADA RECIPE RECIPES
SOUTH TEXAS CARNE GUISADA RECIPE - FOOD NEWS
CARNE GUISADA (SOUTH TEXAS BEEF STEW) - UMAMI LIFE
RIO GRANDE VALLEY STYLE CARNE GUISADA RECIPE - FOOD.COM
MASHED RECIPE: SOUTH TEXAS CARNE GUISADA RECIPE | FLIPBOARD
SOUTH TEXAS CARNE GUISADA FOOD - HOMEANDRECIPE.COM
TEXAS CARNE GUISADA FOOD - HOMEANDRECIPE.COM
CARNE GUISADA FOOD - HOMEANDRECIPE.COM
TOP 47 SOUTH TEXAS CARNE GUISADA RECIPE RECIPES
#60-minutes-or-less #time-to-make #course #main-ingredient #cuisine #preparation #occasion #north-american #very-low-carbs #lunch #beef #mexican #stove-top #dietary #spicy #sandwiches #low-carb #low-in-something #meat #steaks #taste-mood #equipment #presentation #served-hot
You'll also love
Top Asked Questions
How to cook carne guisada?Add oil and flour and toss with beef until flour is brown. Add water and spices, stirring well. Add beef broth and reduce heat to MEDIUM-LOW. Simmer approximately 30 minutes until beef is tender. (If sauce seems too thin, add a bit more flour to desired consistency.) Spoon Carne Guisada into warm flour tortillas.
What is Tejano carne guisada?This is an easy Tejano version of the classic Carne Guisada (Stewed Beef), a recipe that has been passed down for several generations. Made on the stove or in the slow cooker, this meat is perfect for tacos, burrito bowls, salad, etc. Or pick it all out of the pot with your fingers,...
What is a guisada Taco?The flamingo-hued eatery served me a more than respectable guisada taco, the nuggets of tender, spicy beef tucked into a fluffy flour tortilla and showered with skinny shreds of half-melted yellow cheese. It got me to wondering what else the world had been holding out on me.
What is the best way to cook beef in Texas?Building a healthier Texas. Cut beef into ¾-inch cubes. In large nonstick skillet or stock pot, sauté beef until brown, over MEDIUM heat. Add oil and flour and toss with beef until flour is brown. Add water and spices, stirring well.