SPICY ASIAN CHICKEN SOUP
Although this recipe has a long ingredients list, it's a snap to throw together, even when you're zapped by sneezes and sniffles. Best of all, you'll be feeling better in a flash - chicken soup is a true germ conqueror, and the spiciness kicks up the cure a notch.
Yield Makes 4 servings
Number Of Ingredients 13
- Combine broth, soy sauce, sugar, chili sauce, lime juice, and ginger and boil 5 minutes. Meanwhile, toss chicken with cornstarch until completely coated. Add chicken and shiitakes to broth and simmer 15 minutes. Remove the pan from the heat and stir in snap peas, red pepper, zest, and cilantro. Let soup stand 2 to 3 minutes before serving.
ASIAN CHICKEN SOUP
- Bring a pot of water to a boil, salt it, add the pasta and cook for 1 minute less than the instructions indicate. Drain and return to the pot.
- Meanwhile, place the chicken, large celery pieces, carrot, onion and bay leaf in a pot. Cover with 1 1/2 to 2 quarts water, bring to a boil and let poach for 12 minutes. Remove the chicken, discard the skin and let cool enough to handle. Shred or dice the meat and discard the bones. Strain the poaching liquid into a large measuring cup and add the store-bought chicken stock. (Using the quick-poach liquid alone makes for too thin a flavor, but adding it to store-bought stock works out nicely and stretches a buck.).
- Heat the oil in a dutch oven or medium soup pot over medium-high heat. Add the thinly sliced celery, scallions, garlic, chile pepper and the ginger and stir for a couple of minutes. Add the chicken stock mixture and tamari (or soy sauce).
- Divide the noodles and shredded chicken among 4 soup bowls. Top with the soup and garnish with the lime wedges and cilantro.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 508.5, Fat 17.8, SaturatedFat 3.9, Cholesterol 97.9, Sodium 752.7, Carbohydrate 60.8, Fiber 6, Sugar 7.2, Protein 29.1
SPICY ASIAN CHICKEN SOUP
I found this in my Shape magazine. It is a great lowfat soup that helps on a cold day or as a flu zapper. It looks like a long list but it is quick to make.
Provided by A foodlover
Categories < 30 Mins
Yield 4 serving(s)
Number Of Ingredients 13
- Combine the broth, soy sauce, brown sugar, chili sauce, lime juice and ginger and boil for 5 minutes.
- Meanwhile toss the chicken with the cornstarch until it is completely coated.
- Add the chicken and the shiitakes to the broth and simmer 15 minutes.
- Remove the pan from the heat and stir in the snap peas, red peppers, lime zest and cilantro.
- Let the soup stand 2 to 3 minutes before serving.
SPICY ASIAN SOUP
This is a delicious soup that reminds me of Korean cabbage soup. I made up the recipe on my own and there is a lot of room to play with it. It's perfect for cool autumn nights, or if you have a cold.
Provided by neona503
Yield 6 serving(s)
Number Of Ingredients 16
- Begin slicing onion and garlic. Put sesame oil in medium sized soup pot and heat at medium-low. Add onion when oil begins to simmer. After translucent, add garlic.
- Add sliced shiitake mushrooms. Add small amount of salt to help them sweat.
- After mushrooms begin to soften, add carrot and bell pepper. Saute until all vegetables are soft. Add a bit more oil, and then add tofu. Saute until slightly golden. Add a dash of rice vinegar/black vinegar and soy sauce to deglaze pot and loosen vegetables and tofu.
- Add 8 cups water. Add approximately 2 teaspoons of chicken base. Add approximately 2 tablespoons of spicy chili sauce.
- Bring to boil and add udon noodles and chopped cabbage. Boil as directed ( approximately 8 minutes). Reduce to simmer and then season to your taste. Remember that soy sauce will make it salty, so go slow. Add the spice as hot as you like. Top with chopped green onions.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 241.2, Fat 6.8, SaturatedFat 1, Sodium 730.5, Carbohydrate 37.3, Fiber 4.7, Sugar 3.8, Protein 9.3
SPICY ASIAN CHICKEN AND SHRIMP SOUP
This is an excellent chicken soup recipe with an asian flair. The lime and cilantro really stand out. However, this soup needs to be eaten fresh. Does not reheat/store well.
Provided by Valerie in Florida
Yield 4 serving(s)
Number Of Ingredients 15
- Combine broth, soy sauce, brown sugar, chili sauce, lime juice and ginger and boil for 5 minutes.
- Meanwhile, toss chicken with cornstarch until it is completely coated.
- Add the chicken, Shrimp and shiitakes to the broth and simmer for 15 minutes.
- Remove pan from heat and stir in snap peas, red pepper, bean sprouts, lime zest and cilantro.
- Let soup stand 5 minutes before serving.
SPICY ASIAN CHICKEN
- Cook the rice according to the package directions.
- In a large bowl, beat the egg. Place the cornstarch in another large bowl.
- Add the chicken to the egg and toss to coat. A few pieces at a time, lift the chicken out of the egg and coat in the cornstarch, tapping off the excess. Transfer to a plate.
- Heat 2 tablespoons of the oil in a large non-stick skillet over medium-high heat. In 2 batches, cook the chicken, turning occasionally, until golden (3 to 5 minutes). Transfer to a plate.
- Heat the remaining 1 tablespoon of oil in the skillet over medium heat.
- Add the Brussels sprouts, ginger, and garlic and cook, tossing occasionally, until beginning to soften (2 to 3 minutes).
- Add the soy sauce, vinegar, sugar and water and cook, stirring occasionally, until the Brussels sprouts are crisp-tender and the liquid begins to thicken (2 to 3 minutes).
- Return the chicken to the skillet, along with the chili, and cook, tossing, until heated through (about 2 minutes). Add the sesame oil and scallions.
- Serve over the rice and sprinkle with the peanuts.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 568.5, Fat 18.6, SaturatedFat 2.4, Cholesterol 119.1, Sodium 925.7, Carbohydrate 66, Fiber 3.1, Sugar 9, Protein 33.5
SPICY CHICKEN SOUP
- Bring stock to a simmer in a 3- to 4-quart saucepan, then stir in chile powder (to taste) and shallots and simmer, uncovered, 2 minutes. Add chicken and simmer until just cooked through, about 2 minutes. Stir in fish sauce (to taste) and soy sauce and simmer 1 minute. Remove from heat and stir in mint.
- Serve soup warm, topped with scallions and cilantro.
SPICY ASIAN CHICKEN PASTA
I LOVE this sauce! It's a bit spicy, so, if you don't want the heat, cut back on the Jalapeno and hot sauce. But I LOVE it spicy! You could substitute shrimp or pork cubes very easily in this ample main dish. Or, leave the meat out completely and add some chopped peanuts. YUMMY!
Provided by Normaone
Yield 4-6 serving(s)
Number Of Ingredients 16
- Heat 2 T oil in a large saucepan over medium heat.
- Add garlic and jalapeno.
- saute 3 minutes until tender but not brown.
- Add coconut milk, peanut butter, soy sauce, lime juice, sesame oil, ginger, honey and hot pepper sauce.
- Whisk until smooth and bring to a simmer.
- Remove from heat.
- Season with salt and pepper.
- This sauce can be made well in advance, covered and refrigerated.
- Heat remaining 1 T oil in a large skillet over medium high heat.
- Add bell pepper, mushrooms, and green onions.
- Saute 3 minutes.
- Add chicken and saute until cooked through,about 3 more minutes.
- Add sauce.
- Simmer until heated.
- Cook linguine in a large pot of boiling, salted water until al dente.
- Pour heated sauce over pasta and toss to coat well.
- Divide among plates and serve.
People also searched
More about "spicy asian chicken soup food"
SPICY ASIAN CHICKEN AND NOODLE SOUP RECIPE | MYRECIPES
5/5 (25)Calories 197 per serving
- Bring 6 cups water to a boil in a large saucepan. Add rice noodles; cook 3 minutes. Drain. Place about 1/4 cup rice noodles in each of 4 bowls.
- Discard ginger. Add juice to broth mixture; stir. Ladle 1 1/3 cups broth mixture over each serving; top with 1 tablespoon each mint, cilantro, and green onions.
SPICY ASIAN CHICKEN SOUP RECIPE | SELF
Servings 4Calories 195 per servingEstimated Reading Time 40 secs
SPICY ASIAN CHICKEN SOUP - THEKITTCHEN
CHINESE SPICY-SPICY CHICKEN WINGS RECIPES(中国辣辣鸡翅)
HOW TO MAKE THAI CHICKEN NOODLE SOUP STREET FOOD STYLE 🍜
SPICY J’S - SPECIALTY CHINESE CUISINE | EAT HEALTHY AND NATURAL FOOD
10 BEST SPICY CHINESE SOUP RECIPES | YUMMLY
SPICY ASIAN CHICKEN SOUP : TOP PICKED FROM OUR EXPERTS
SPICY ASIAN CHICKEN SOUP FOOD - HOMEANDRECIPE.COM
SPICY CHICKEN NOODLE SOUP - GRUMPY'S HONEYBUNCH
CHICKEN PULAO GINGER FLAVOUR SPICY CHINESE SAUCE & CHICKEN …
SPICY CHICKEN SOUP - A CEDAR SPOON
SPICY ASIAN CHICKEN CARROT NOODLE SOUP - INSPIRALIZED
KOREAN FRIED SPICY CHICKEN SOUP RECIPE - SIMPLE CHINESE FOOD
SLOW COOKER ASIAN CHICKEN NOODLE SOUP | NEIGHBORFOOD
SPICY ASIAN CHICKEN SOUP – HAYLIE POMROY
TOP 41 SPICY ASIAN SOUP RECIPES - ISTIMEWA.DIXIESEWING.COM
TAIPEI ASIAN CUISINE - 92 PHOTOS & 61 REVIEWS - YELP
19 SPICY SOUP RECIPES WORTH TRYING THIS WINTER - PEPPER GEEK
#30-minutes-or-less #time-to-make #course #preparation #soups-stews
You'll also love
Top Asked Questions
What is spicy chicken soup?Spicy Chicken Soup is a lightened up version of your favorite Asian Chicken Noodle Soup using zucchini noodles. A spicy chicken broth is paired with chicken, carrots, fresh cilantro and green onions, Sriracha, lime juice and fresh ginger. This soups packs a lot of flavor into one bowl of soup. I have been into my spiralizer lately.
How to make chicken and noodles soup?Heat the oil in a dutch oven or medium soup pot over medium-high heat. Add the thinly sliced celery, scallions, garlic, chile pepper and the ginger and stir for a couple of minutes. Add the chicken stock mixture and tamari (or soy sauce). Divide the noodles and shredded chicken among 4 soup bowls.
How do you make chicken curry with chicken stock?Heat the oil in a dutch oven or medium soup pot over medium-high heat. Add the thinly sliced celery, scallions, garlic, chile pepper and the ginger and stir for a couple of minutes. Add the chicken stock mixture and tamari (or soy sauce).
What do you put in your soups?Soup veggies were red bell pepper, celery, shallots, and carrots. 3-4 TBSP each grated ginger and minced garlic sauteed with vegs before adding to stock. 2 cups chopped mushrooms, 4 cups chopped chicken. 2 tsp lime zest. A dollop of Asian red pepper garlic paste for heat.