SPICY VEGGIE CABBAGE SOUP
Just love this soup. I developed it to use up small quantities of veggies, and we fell in love with the flavors. For a less spicy soup, use regular italian sausage. For more heat, add some cayenne pepper and/or crushed red pepper flakes.
Provided by Phyllis Trinke Funk
Number Of Ingredients 12
- Heat a stock pot over medium heat. Crumble sausage into the pot; cook and stir until completely browned, 5 to 7 minutes.
- Pour chicken broth into the pot; add tomatoes, coleslaw mix, celery, potatoes, carrots, onion, garlic, bay leaves, salt, and pepper. Bring the liquid to a boil, reduce heat to medium low, and simmer until vegetables are tender, 45 minutes to 1 hour. Stir cream into individual servings.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 161.6 calories, Carbohydrate 17.8 g, Cholesterol 27.8 mg, Fat 7.8 g, Fiber 2.7 g, Protein 5.7 g, SaturatedFat 3.5 g, Sodium 829.1 mg, Sugar 2.2 g
SPICY CABBAGE SOUP
Cayenne pepper provides a bit of a bite in this easy and flavorful spicy cabbage soup recipe. Try it with a hunk of crusty bread, you won't be sorry!
Provided by Ren
Number Of Ingredients 8
- Heat a stockpot over medium heat and add bacon. Cook until bacon begins to brown, 3 to 5 minutes. Stir in onion and garlic. Cook until onion is transparent, 5 to 7 minutes, stirring occasionally. Stir in broth, salt, black pepper, and cayenne pepper. Bring to a boil, about 5 minutes.
- Stir cabbage into stockpot. Simmer until cabbage has wilted, 10 to 15 minutes. Stir in stewed tomatoes and liquid. Return soup to a boil, about 5 minutes. Cover and simmer, 15 to 30 minutes, stirring often.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 133.6 calories, Carbohydrate 11.7 g, Cholesterol 17.8 mg, Fat 5.8 g, Fiber 2.9 g, Protein 9.8 g, SaturatedFat 2.2 g, Sodium 592.9 mg, Sugar 6.5 g
Get three of your 5-a-day with a bowl of this healthy, low-fat cabbage soup. It's delicious on its own or served with a hunk of crusty, buttered bread
Provided by Esther Clark
Number Of Ingredients 14
- Heat the oil in a casserole pot over a low heat. Add the onion, celery and carrot, along with a generous pinch of salt, and fry gently for 15 mins, or until the veg begins to soften. If you're using pancetta, add it to the pan, turn up the heat and fry for a few mins more until turning golden brown. Tip in the cabbage and fry for 5 mins, then stir through the garlic, paprika and rosemary and cook for 1 min more.
- Tip the chopped tomatoes and stock into the pan. Bring to a simmer, then cook, uncovered, for 30 mins, adding the chickpeas for the final 10 mins. Season generously with salt and black pepper.
- Ladle the soup into six deep bowls. Serve with the shaved parmesan and crusty bread, if you like.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 156 calories, Fat 5 grams fat, SaturatedFat 1 grams saturated fat, Carbohydrate 16 grams carbohydrates, Sugar 7 grams sugar, Fiber 8 grams fiber, Protein 6 grams protein, Sodium 0.15 milligram of sodium
SPICY TOMATO CABBAGE SOUP
This cabbage soup is perfect for a chilly winter night. I like my food fairly spicy, so be sure to adjust spices if this is not the case for you. I eat this with a small dollop of sour cream on top and a slice of crusty bread to mop up any remaining soup with!
Provided by ebrunworth
Number Of Ingredients 11
- Heat oil in a stockpot over medium heat. Add cabbage and onion. Cover and cook, stirring occasionally to keep from burning, until onions are translucent and cabbage is tender, about 35 minutes.
- Add water, tomato soup, potatoes, garlic, beef bouillon, cayenne pepper, hot sauce, and salt. Cover and simmer until potatoes are tender, about 25 minutes.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 164.2 calories, Carbohydrate 27.7 g, Fat 5.2 g, Fiber 4.4 g, Protein 4 g, SaturatedFat 0.8 g, Sodium 645.5 mg, Sugar 8.4 g
People also searched
More about "spicy veggie cabbage soup food"
SPICY WEIGHT-LOSS CABBAGE SOUP RECIPE | EATINGWELL
5/5 (33)Calories 167 per servingCategory Healthy Cabbage Soup Recipes
- Heat oil in a large soup pot (8-quart or larger) over medium heat. Add onions, carrot, celery, poblano (or bell pepper) and garlic; cook, stirring frequently, until softened, 10 to 12 minutes. Add cabbage; cook, stirring occasionally, until slightly softened, about 10 minutes more. Add tomato paste, chipotle, cumin and coriander; cook, stirring, for 1 minute more.
- Add broth, water, beans and salt. Cover and bring to a boil over high heat. Reduce heat and simmer, partially covered, until the vegetables are tender, about 10 minutes. Remove from heat and stir in cilantro and lime juice. Serve garnished with cheese, yogurt and/or avocado, if desired.
SPICY VEGETARIAN CABBAGE SOUP - GIMME SOME OVEN
5/5 (21)Total Time 1 hrServings 8-10
SPICY CABBAGE DETOX SOUP - THAT GIRL COOKS HEALTHY
CABBAGE SOUP RECIPES
SPICY CABBAGE SOUP - REAL FOOD WHOLE LIFE
5/5 (9)Total Time 4 hrs 20 minsCategory SoupCalories 180 per serving
SPICY CABBAGE DETOX SOUP - THIS SAVORY VEGAN
HEALTHY CABBAGE SOUP RECIPES | EATINGWELL
15+ BEST CHICKEN SOUP RECIPES | EATINGWELL
CABBAGE SOUP RECIPE - HEALTHY RECIPES BLOG
VEGETABLE CABBAGE SOUP RECIPE | EATINGWELL
10 BEST VEGETARIAN CABBAGE SOUP RECIPES | YUMMLY
GROUND BEEF CABBAGE SOUP - VEGETABLE RECIPES
RUSTIC CABBAGE SOUP - 101 COOKBOOKS
SPICY VEGGIE CABBAGE SOUP RECIPE | ALLRECIPES
COZY AT HOME SPICY ANY-VEGGIE SOUP – OH SHE GLOWS
25 BEST ASIAN SOUP RECIPES - COMFORTABLE FOOD
10 BEST SPICY CABBAGE SOUP RECIPES | YUMMLY
CABBAGE SOUP RECIPES | BBC GOOD FOOD
SPICY VEGETARIAN CABBAGE SOUP RECIPE | RECIPES.NET
SPICY UDON NOODLE WITH SHIMEJI MUSHROOMS, ONION, CHINESE …
SPICY VEGETABLE & CABBAGE SOUP | RECIPES | LEE KUM KEE
You'll also love