HASSELBACK SWEET POTATO WITH PECAN STREUSEL
Sweet potatoes come in different colors, from white to yellow to orange to orange-red. The darker the inside, the sweeter it is. I chose white because I was adding maple syrup and brown sugar, but any sweet potato will do.
Provided by Yoly
Categories Side Dish Vegetables Sweet Potatoes
Number Of Ingredients 11
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees F (200 degrees C).
- Place sweet potato on a cutting board. Place a chopstick on either side. Cut the sweet potato into 1/8-inch-thick slices, making sure you don't cut all the way through. Transfer to a baking pan.
- Mix melted butter, maple syrup, cinnamon, and vanilla extract together. Spoon over the sweet potato.
- Bake in the preheated oven until tender, 45 to 60 minutes.
- Using your hands, make streusel by combining 2 tablespoons plus 2 teaspoons brown sugar, pecans, flour, butter, and salt. Keep refrigerated until ready to use.
- Remove the sweet potato from the oven and sprinkle streusel over the top. Place in the broiler until streusel starts to brown, 1 to 3 minutes.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 910.5 calories, Carbohydrate 139.7 g, Cholesterol 71 mg, Fat 36.9 g, Fiber 15.5 g, Protein 9.8 g, SaturatedFat 17.9 g, Sodium 554.9 mg, Sugar 57 g
STUFFED SWEET POTATOES WITH PECAN AND MARSHMALLOW STREUSEL
Provided by Tyler Florence
Yield 12 servings
Number Of Ingredients 8
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees F.
- Wash the sweet potatoes, scrubbing them well to remove any dirt. With a fork, prick the sweet potatoes in a couple of spots and place them on a sheet pan. Bake for about 45 minutes, or until a knife inserted in the center goes in easily.
- In a large bowl, mix the butter, brown sugar, and flour together until it's crumbly-looking. Add the cinnamon, salt, pecans, and marshmallows; fold the streusel topping together to combine.
- Slice the sweet potatoes lengthwise down the center and push the ends towards the middle so it opens up. Stuff the sweet potatoes generously with the streusel topping and return to the oven. Bake for another 20 minutes, or until the topping is bubbly and brown.
STREUSEL SWEET POTATOES
*Adopted Recipe* This is a wonderful side dish from the Woman's Day Cookbook. I made these as a holiday side dish for the first time about 9 years ago, and they have been in regular rotation since. It looks gorgeous on the table, too.
Provided by Houmous Monster
Categories Yam/Sweet Potato
Yield 12 serving(s)
Number Of Ingredients 8
- Heat the oven to 325 degrees Farenheit, and lightly grease a 1 1/2 quart baking dish or casserole.
- Cook the potatoes in a large pot of boiling water for about 20 minutes, or until firm-tender when tested with a fork.
- Drain and cool under cold water.
- Cut in 1/2-inch thick slices, and arrange the slices in the casserole dish in a spiral pattern, overlapping slices slightly.
- Mix 1/2 cup of the syrup with the orange juice, pour over potatoes.
- Dot with 1 Tablespoon of the butter.
- Cover tightly with foil, and bake for 20-30 minutes, until hot and the potatoes have absorbed some liquid.
- In a small bowl, make the streusel topping.
- Mix flour, brown sugar and cinnamon, and using two knives or a pastry cutter cut in remaining 3 Tablespoons butter until mixture is the texture of coarse meal.
- Toss in pecans.
- Remove potatoes from oven and sprinkle with streusel mixture.
- Bake uncovered for 15 more minutes, or until the topping is bubbly and lightly browned.
- Pour the remaining 1/4 cup maple syrup over the potatoes and serve immediately.
SWEET POTATO STREUSEL PIE
Provided by Food Network Kitchen
Yield 8 to 10 servings
Number Of Ingredients 17
- Make the crust: Pulse the flour, 2 tablespoons butter, the shortening, granulated sugar and salt in a food processor until it looks like fine meal. Add the remaining 4 tablespoons butter and pulse until it is in pea-size pieces. Drizzle in 2 to 3 tablespoons cold water and pulse until the dough just comes together. Turn out onto a piece of plastic wrap; use the plastic to help form the dough into a disk. Wrap tightly and refrigerate until firm, at least 1 hour or overnight. (The dough can be frozen for up to 2 months; thaw at room temperature.)
- Roll out the dough into a 13-inch round on a lightly floured surface. Ease into a 9 1/2-inch deep-dish pie plate, fold the overhanging dough under itself and crimp the edge with your fingers. Chill at least30 minutes.
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F. Line the crust with foil and fill with pie weights or dried beans. Bake until golden around the edge, about 20 minutes. Remove the foil and weights; continue baking until golden all over, 10 to 15 more minutes. Transfer to a rack and let cool completely.
- Make the topping: Combine the flour, nuts, brown sugar, butter and salt in a medium bowl; squeeze into clumps, transfer to a plate and freeze until hard, about 30 minutes.
- Meanwhile, make the filling: Gently whisk the sweet potato, evaporated milk, granulated sugar, eggs, cinnamon, ginger and nutmeg in a large bowl. Pour into the crust. Transfer to a baking sheet and bake 30 minutes. Scatter the topping on the pie and continue baking until the center is almost set but still jiggles slightly, 30 to 45 more minutes. Transfer to a rack and let cool completely.
CRANBERRY STREUSEL SWEET POTATOES
Delicious, not especially sweet and simple! A great addition to your holiday table. I used 1/3 cup panko bread crumbs instead of the soft crumbs and it made a lovely crunch to the topping. You may make the sweet potato part the day before and then cook with streusel 30 minutes before serving.
Provided by MA HIKER
Categories Yam/Sweet Potato
Yield 6-8 serving(s)
Number Of Ingredients 7
- Place sweet potatoes in a 3 quart saucepan; add enough water to cover.
- Cover and heat to boiling; reduce heat.
- Simmer 20 to 25 minutes or until tender; drain well.
- Mash potates and mix well with 2 tablespoons melted butter (I mixed them in a table top mixer so my hands were free to do other stuff - made a lovely smooth fluffy texture!).
- Spoon into ungreased 1-quart casserole.
- Mix remaining ingredients; sprinkle over the potatoes.
- Bake uncovered at 350 degrees for about 30 minutes or until heated through and streusel mixture is golden brown.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 222.8, Fat 11.1, SaturatedFat 5.2, Cholesterol 20.4, Sodium 345.4, Carbohydrate 29.2, Fiber 4.6, Sugar 5.9, Protein 2.8
SWEET POTATO STREUSEL
Try this Sweet Potato Streusel as a side dish for a dinner menu or even as a dessert. You can decide when to serve this delectable Sweet Potato Streusel!
Provided by My Food and Family
Yield 8 servings, 1 cup each
Number Of Ingredients 6
- Heat oven to 350°F.
- Mix potatoes, orange juice and half the butter until blended; spoon into 2-qt. casserole sprayed with cooking spray.
- Mix remaining butter, cookie crumbs, nuts and sugar until blended; sprinkle over potato mixture.
- Bake 30 min. or until potato mixture is heated through and topping is golden brown.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 270, Fat 15 g, SaturatedFat 6 g, TransFat 0 g, Cholesterol 25 mg, Sodium 190 mg, Carbohydrate 0 g, Fiber 4 g, Sugar 0 g, Protein 3 g
SWEET POTATO STREUSEL
Provided by Veronica Betancourt
Categories Ginger Dessert Bake Coconut Pecan Sweet Potato/Yam Bon Appétit California
Yield Makes 12
Number Of Ingredients 14
- For Filling:
- Butter 13x9x2-inch glass baking dish. Cook sweet potatoes in large pot of boiling salted water until tender, about 8 minutes. Drain; return to same pot. Stir potatoes over medium-high heat until excess liquid evaporates. Remove from heat. Add butter and sugar and mash potatoes until almost smooth. Mix in half and half, eggs, ginger and vanilla. Season with salt. Spread in prepared dish (filling will be about 1 inch thick).
- For toppings:
- Rub together sugar, flour and butter in medium bowl until moist crumbs form. Mix in pecans and coconut. (Filling and topping can be prepared 1 day ahead. Cover separately and refrigerate.)
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Sprinkle topping over filling. Bake until filling is set and topping is brown, about 40 minutes. Let stand 10 minutes. Cut into squares and serve.
People also searched
More about "streusel sweet potatoes food"
STREUSEL TOPPED SWEET POTATOES - MINDEE'S COOKING …
SWEET POTATO MASH WITH PECAN STREUSEL | CANADIAN LIVING
STREUSEL TOPPED SWEET POTATOES RECIPE - FOOD FANATIC
SWEET POTATO CASSEROLE WITH PECAN STREUSEL - ONCE …
STREUSEL SWEET POTATOES RECIPE - HOLIDAY RECIPES AT …
STREUSEL-TOPPED SWEET POTATO CASSEROLE - CAMPBELL SOUP COMPANY
TWICE BAKED SWEET POTATOES WITH STREUSEL - A COOKIE NAMED DESIRE
VEGAN SWEET POTATO MUFFINS WITH PECAN STREUSEL | THE FIRST MESS
STREUSEL SWEET POTATOES RECIPE - FOOD.COM
SCALLOPED SWEET POTATOES WITH PEANUT STREUSEL - BETTER HOMES
SWEET POTATO CASSEROLE WITH MARSHMALLOWS & STREUSEL
MERINGUE AND STREUSEL-TOPPED SWEET POTATOES RECIPE - FOOD.COM
PRALINE-TOPPED SWEET POTATOES RECIPE - PILLSBURY.COM
Are you curently on diet or you just want to control your food's nutritions, ingredients? We will help you find recipes by cooking method, nutrition, ingredients...Check it out »
#60-minutes-or-less #time-to-make #course #main-ingredient #cuisine #preparation #occasion #yams-sweet-potatoes #north-american #low-protein #healthy #side-dishes #potatoes #vegetables #american #fall #heirloom-historical #holiday-event #vegetarian #dietary #low-sodium #low-cholesterol #seasonal #healthy-2 #low-in-something #presentation #served-hot
You'll also love