THE BEST STUFFED PEPPERS
We've made this classic easier and faster by using the microwave to par-cook the peppers, saving you about 45 minutes of cook time! This is a great recipe to use up leftover rice. Be sure to really pile in the filling (mounding it is ok) as it will shrink as it cooks.
Provided by Food Network Kitchen
Yield 6 servings
Number Of Ingredients 13
- If your peppers don't sit upright on your cutting board, trim about 1/8-inch off the bottoms to even them out so they can stand without falling over. Cut the top off each pepper about 1/2-inch down. Remove and discard the stems, then finely chop the remaining flesh from the tops. Scoop out the seeds and as much of the membranes as you can. Place the peppers in a large microwave-safe bowl with 1/2 cup water. Cover with plastic wrap and microwave on high power for 12 minutes. Carefully uncover and let them sit until ready to assemble.
- Heat 2 tablespoons of the oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat. Spread the beef in an even layer and cook undisturbed until lightly browned, about 3 minutes. Toss and continue to cook, breaking up any clumps with the back of a spoon and scraping up any browned bits from the pan until the meat is lightly browned all over, 6 to 8 minutes. Transfer the browned meat to a large bowl with a slotted spoon.
- Reduce the heat to medium. Heat the remaining 1 tablespoon oil and add the reserved chopped peppers, onions, garlic, thyme, 4 teaspoons salt and 1/2 teaspoon pepper and cook, stirring occasionally, until tender but not browned, 10 to 12 minutes. Add the tomatoes and cook, stirring occasionally, until falling apart and much of the liquid has evaporated, about 7 minutes.
- Stir in the tomato paste and cook, stirring constantly until brick red colored, about 1 minute. Stir in the wine and cook until the mixture is reduced, very thick and no smell of alcohol remains, 6 to 8 minutes. Add the broth and bring to a boil. Transfer to the bowl with the beef. Stir in the rice until completely combined. (The mixture will be wet.) Season with salt and pepper.
- Arrange a rack in the center of the oven and preheat to 450 degrees F.
- Place the peppers cut-side up in a 13-by-9-inch baking dish. Spoon the filling into the peppers, gently pressing it in with the back of a spoon. Be careful not to overstuff and split the sides of the peppers. Bake for 15 minutes. Then top with the cheese and continue baking until the filling is heated through and the cheese is browned in spots, 10 to 12 minutes.
STUFFED BELL PEPPERS
Food Network's Ree Drummond shares this easy recipe for healthy, satisfying stuffed bell peppers.
Provided by Ree Drummond : Food Network
Yield 4 to 6 servings
Number Of Ingredients 11
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F.
- Cut the tops off the peppers. Remove and discard the stems, then finely chop the tops; set aside. Scoop out the seeds and as much of the membrane as you can. Place the peppers cut-side up in a baking dish just large enough to hold them upright.
- Heat 2 tablespoons of the olive oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat. Add the beef, season with salt and pepper and cook, breaking up the lumps, until the meat is cooked through and just beginning to brown, 8 to 10 minutes. Remove to a paper towel-lined plate to get rid of the fat.
- Wipe out the skillet and add the remaining 2 tablespoons olive oil. Add the onions and chopped peppers and cook until beginning to soften, 3 to 4 minutes. Add the garlic and zucchini and cook for another minute. Add the tomatoes and season with salt and a pinch or 2 of red pepper flakes. Cook until everything is heated through, then stir in the beef and rice. Taste and adjust the seasoning. Stir in 1 cup of the cheese.
- Fill the peppers with the rice mixture and top each with a sprinkle of the remaining 1/2 cup cheese. Pour a small amount of water into the bottom of the baking dish and drizzle the peppers with a little olive oil. Cover with foil and bake for 30 minutes. Uncover and bake until the peppers are soft and the cheese is melted and lightly browned, another 15 to 20 minutes.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 323, Fat 22 grams, SaturatedFat 8 grams, Cholesterol 50 milligrams, Sodium 287 milligrams, Carbohydrate 18 grams, Fiber 3 grams, Protein 17 grams, Sugar 6 grams
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C).
- Place the rice and water in a saucepan, and bring to a boil. Reduce heat, cover, and cook 20 minutes. In a skillet over medium heat, cook the beef until evenly browned.
- Remove and discard the tops, seeds, and membranes of the bell peppers. Arrange peppers in a baking dish with the hollowed sides facing upward. (Slice the bottoms of the peppers if necessary so that they will stand upright.)
- In a bowl, mix the browned beef, cooked rice, 1 can tomato sauce, Worcestershire sauce, garlic powder, onion powder, salt, and pepper. Spoon an equal amount of the mixture into each hollowed pepper. Mix the remaining tomato sauce and Italian seasoning in a bowl, and pour over the stuffed peppers.
- Bake 1 hour in the preheated oven, basting with sauce every 15 minutes, until the peppers are tender.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 247.7 calories, Carbohydrate 25.6 g, Cholesterol 45.9 mg, Fat 9.4 g, Fiber 3.5 g, Protein 16 g, SaturatedFat 3.6 g, Sodium 563.6 mg, Sugar 6.3 g
Pan-fry beef mince with onion, garlic, tomatoes and oregano and stuff into roasted bell peppers - top with melted mozzarella cheese
Provided by Cassie Best
Categories Dinner, Main course
Number Of Ingredients 11
- Heat oven to 200C/180C fan/gas 6 and heat the oil in a large pan. Add the onion and cook for a few mins to soften. Add the garlic and beef, and cook until the meat is browned - break it up with a spoon as it cooks. Add the tomatoes, oregano, stock cube and ketchup. Season well, give everything a good stir and cover with a lid. Simmer for 30 mins.
- Meanwhile, halve the peppers and scoop out the seeds and white membrane. Place cut-side up in a roasting tin, season and bake for 20 mins.
- When the mince is cooked, divide it between the softened peppers. Return to the oven for 10 mins, sprinkled with cheese. Scatter with basil leaves before serving.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 485 calories, Fat 27 grams fat, SaturatedFat 12 grams saturated fat, Carbohydrate 22 grams carbohydrates, Sugar 19 grams sugar, Fiber 7 grams fiber, Protein 35 grams protein, Sodium 1.7 milligram of sodium
ROASTED STUFFED PEPPERS
We roasted bell peppers stuffed with cherry tomatoes, herbs and crumbled goat cheese for a deceptively easy vegetarian side dish.
Provided by By Inspired Taste
Categories Side Dish
Number Of Ingredients 10
- Heat oven to 350°F. Lightly oil shallow baking pan or cookie sheet with sides with 1 tablespoon of the oil.
- Cut each bell pepper in half; remove membranes and seeds but leave stalk intact. (The stalks are not edible, but they will help the peppers keep their shape while roasting.) Placed pepper halves hollow side up in pan.
- Score an "x" into bottom of each tomato; place in heatproof bowl. Pour boiling water over tomatoes. Let stand 1 minute. Drain tomatoes; use fingers to slide skins from tomatoes. Cut each tomato into quarters. Place tomato quarters evenly into pepper halves.
- Place garlic slices evenly in pepper halves; sprinkle with herbs. Drizzle remaining 2 tablespoons oil over pepper halves; sprinkle with salt and pepper.
- Roast 50 to 60 minutes. Transfer cooked pepper halves to serving dish. Pour any juices left in pan over peppers. Crumble cheese into each pepper half. Serve with French bread.
Nutrition Facts : ServingSize 1 Serving
BAKED STUFFED BELL PEPPERS
There are so many recipes for Baked Stuffed Peppers - each a little different, each bringing something a little different to the dinner table. This is the recipe I learned from my mother. A meal in itself I generally serve 1 stuffed pepper "half" per person along with freshly baked French bread and a tossed salad, for those with healthier appetites you can of course serve 2 "halves" per person. I like to use red and or yellow peppers over the green - I find the red/yellow peppers to be a bit sweeter. These can also be made ahead and frozen for OAMC - when ready to use simply thaw overnight in the fridge and bake as directed.
Provided by - Carla -
Categories One Dish Meal
Yield 4-8 serving(s)
Number Of Ingredients 12
- Preheat your oven to 350°F.
- In a large bowl combine ground beef, cooked rice, minced pepper, minced onion, minced garlic, Italian seasonings, beaten egg, breadcrumbs and salt and freshly ground black pepper, to taste.
- Use your hands to mix ingredients well.
- Using a 1/2 cup measuring cup - measure out a 1/2 cup meat mixture for each halved pepper and fill.
- *At this point, if you are using this recipe for OAMC you can wrap your peppers in saranwrap, then place them in a zip-lock bag and store them in the freezer for later use.*.
- Place peppers in a baking dish and cover with your favorite jarred or homemade spaghetti sauce (about 1 cup per pepper half).
- Cover and allow to cook 90 minutes (Please note that I have only ever made 4 halves at one time - so the cooking time could be longer if making 6 or more at the same time.).
- After 90 minutes, check to see how far along the peppers are cooked; if they are nearly done uncover and baste with some of the spaghetti sauce from the baking dish (as mentioned above, if baking many peppers all at one time there is the possibility that they will not be as far along at this point - please continue to bake covered an additional 30 to 45 minutes and then proceed with the following instructions.).
- Bake an additional 20 minutes then top each pepper half with shredded cheese and continue baking another 10 to 15 minutes.
- Serve along side freshly baked bread and a salad, enjoy!
Nutrition Facts : Calories 386.7, Fat 18.9, SaturatedFat 7.2, Cholesterol 123.7, Sodium 164.7, Carbohydrate 26.2, Fiber 3.3, Sugar 6.4, Protein 25.9
ROASTED STUFFED BELL PEPPERS
These are sweet, spicy, and savory! You won't pass up a single bite from this dish! From Cooking with Caprial, American Bistro Fare.
Provided by Sharon123
Yield 4 serving(s)
Number Of Ingredients 10
- To Roast Peppers:.
- Preheat the broiler. Place the peppers on a baking sheet or in a shallow ovenproof dish and broil until the skins blister and turn brown. Turn the peppers until charred on all sides, about 15 minutes.Transfer the roasted peppers to a bowl, cover with plastic wrap, and set aside to cool.
- When the peppers are cool enough to handle, peel the skins and remove stems and seeds(see below). Use immediately(in recipe) or make extra and drizzle with olive oil and store in the fridge for up to 2 months.
- Heat olive oil in a saute pan until very hot. Add the garlic, onion, and gingerroot and saute until you can smell the aroma. Add rice and mix well. Remove from the heat. Add the mozzarella, cream, curry powder, salt, and pepper. Mix well and cool before stuffing the peppers.
- Preheat oven to 375*F. After you have peeled the peppers carefully to keep them whole,cut off the tops and remove seeds. Stuff each of the peppers with about 1/2 cup stuffing. Place on a baking sheet greased with olive oil. Bake for 20 to 25 minutes. Serve hot. Enjoy!
TRADITIONAL STUFFED BELL PEPPERS
Try using red, yellow, as well as green peppers for a nice presentation. What makes this recipe interesting are the spices--chili pepper and a hint of ground cloves. Sounds strange, but it's delicious.
Provided by mammamia 2
Yield 4-6 bell peppers, 4-6 serving(s)
Number Of Ingredients 10
- Cut tops off peppers. With sharp knife, remove white membrane inside peppers. Wash and pat dry.
- Arrange peppers in baking pan. If one is uneven, slice a bit off the bottom to allow it to stand freely.
- Brown ground beef with onions and garlic.
- Add seasonings, tomatoes, and rice. Blend well. If too soupy, cook until some juice is cooked off.
- Stuff peppers.
- Bake 350 for 45 minutes.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 389.9, Fat 17.8, SaturatedFat 6.8, Cholesterol 77.1, Sodium 542.8, Carbohydrate 32.3, Fiber 4.3, Sugar 6.5, Protein 25.1
People also searched
More about "stuffed roasted peppers food"
JAMIE'S ROASTED STUFFED PEPPERS - TESCO REAL FOOD
5/5 (33)Category DinnerCuisine GlobalTotal Time 1 hr 15 mins
STUFFED AND ROASTED BELL PEPPERS | PURE FLAVOR®
31 STUFFED PEPPER RECIPES | TASTE OF HOME
15 BEST STUFFED PEPPERS RECIPES
STUFFED SWEET LONG RED PEPPERS RECIPES - THESUPERHEALTHYFOOD
STUFFED PEPPERS RECIPE - BBC FOOD
BEST STUFFED GREEN PEPPERS RECIPES | FOOD NETWORK CANADA
STUFFED ROASTED PEPPERS | FOOD NETWORK SHOWS, COOKING …
CHEESY STUFFED PEPPERS RECIPE - MINCERECIPES.INFO
STUFFED ROASTED RED PEPPERS RECIPE - FOOD.COM
CROCK-POT STUFFED PEPPERS - RECIPE - COOKS.COM
STUFFED PEPPER RECIPES | BBC GOOD FOOD
STUFFED ROASTED PEPPERS RECIPE - CUISINART.COM
21 RED PEPPER RECIPES IDEAS IN 2022 | RECIPES, STUFFED PEPPERS, RED ...
STUFFED BELL PEPPER RECIPES
STUFFED ROASTED PEPPERS RECIPE | SARGENTO® FOODS INCORPORATED
STUFFED BELL PEPPER RECIPES | ALLRECIPES
You'll also love
Top Asked Questions
What do you put on a stuffed pepper?Green peppers stuffed with ground beef and rice and topped with a seasoned tomato sauce. Here's a delicious stuffed pepper recipe that's easy to make. Each green bell pepper contains ground beef, onion, tomatoes, rice and cheese, and is cooked in tomato soup.
How do you cook stuffed bell peppers in the oven?Mix well and cool before stuffing the peppers. Preheat oven to 375*F. After you have peeled the peppers carefully to keep them whole,cut off the tops and remove seeds. Stuff each of the peppers with about 1/2 cup stuffing. Place on a baking sheet greased with olive oil. Bake for 20 to 25 minutes.
How do you cook peppers and rice for stuffed peppers?Fill the peppers with the rice mixture and top each with a sprinkle of the remaining 1/2 cup cheese. Pour a small amount of water into the bottom of the baking dish and drizzle the peppers with a little olive oil. Cover with foil and bake for 30 minutes.
Do you roast peppers before or after stuffing?My trick is to roast the peppers before stuffing them – they’ll be super-soft and sweet." See method Preheat the oven to gas 4, 180°C, fan 160°C. Halve and deseed the peppers and bash the unpeeled garlic cloves. Put it all in a large roasting tin, drizzle with 1 tbsp oil and season with sea salt and black pepper. Roast for 30 mins, or until tender.