PROSCIUTTO-WRAPPED FISH WITH LEMON-CAPER BUTTER
Adapted from America's Test Kitchen 30 Minute Suppers. Easy enough to make for a quick meal yet impressive enough to serve to guests. As the butter melts, it flavours the fish and combines with the fish's natural juices to create a flavourful sauce. One lemon will provide the juice and zest.
Provided by Lille
Yield 4 serving(s)
Number Of Ingredients 8
- Preheat oven to 450 degrees.
- In a small bowl, mash together the butter, capers, lemon zest, lemon juice and garlic until combined.
- Pat fish dry with paper towels and season with pepper. Spread butter mixture over top of fillets. Slightly overlap two pieces of prosciutto on work surface. Lay fish butter side down in center of prosciutto, then fold the prosciutto over the fish. Repeat for all fillets.
- Heat oil in a large ovenproof skillet (either non-stick or well-seasoned cast iron) over medium-high heat until just smoking. Add prosciutto-wrapped fillets, seam side down/butter side up) and brown for 1-2 minutes per side.
- Transfer skillet to oven and bake until fish (not covered by prosciutto) flakes when gently pressed, about 8 minutes.
- Spoon any pan juices over fillets when serving.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 313.6, Fat 16.4, SaturatedFat 8, Cholesterol 124, Sodium 261.8, Carbohydrate 0.8, Fiber 0.2, Sugar 0.1, Protein 39.1
PROSCIUTTO WRAPPED COD
- Season the fish on both sides with salt and pepper. Wrap 1 wide or 2 thin slices of prosciutto around each piece of cod. Spray a large nonstick skillet with cooking spray and preheat it over a medium-high heat. Add the fish fillets and cook for 3 to 4 minutes per side, until the prosciutto is crisp and the fish is cooked through. Serve.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 150, Fat 2.5 grams, SaturatedFat 0.5 grams, Cholesterol 70 milligrams, Sodium 600 milligrams, Carbohydrate 1 grams, Protein 29 grams
You'll love how the prosciutto "shrink-wraps" to the fish and lends its smoky, salty flavor to the creamy corn and chile that lie beneath. From One Pan, Two Plates by Carla Snyder sold on Amazon.
Provided by gailanng
Categories One Dish Meal
Yield 2 serving(s)
Number Of Ingredients 11
- Pat the fillets dry and sprinkle lightly with salt and black pepper (not too much salt, because the prosciutto will be salty). Wrap two slices of prosciutto around each fillet, winding it around from top to bottom. Don't worry if it doesn't stick very well; it'll contract and cling to the fish as it cooks. Set the wrapped fish aside.
- Heat a 12-inch skillet with a lid over medium-high heat and add the olive oil. When the oil shimmers, add the salmon to the pan and cook until browned on the first side, about 2 minutes. Flip the fish over with a thin-edged spatula and cook the other side until browned, another minute or so. Transfer the fish to a plate. (It will not be fully cooked at this point.).
- Add the onion and poblano to the hot pan and sauté until the vegetables begin to soften, about 2 minutes.
- Add the corn, lima beans, cayenne and 1/4 teaspoon salt. Season with black pepper and sauté until the corn is almost tender, about 1 minute. Quickly pour in the cream and stir in the 1 tablespoon basil.
- Top the vegetables with the fish, cover and reduce the heat to low. Cook until the fish is cooked through and flakes easily with a fork when pierced, about 3 minutes. Some of the salt from the prosciutto probably crept into the corn, so taste and season with more salt, pepper or cayenne if it needs it.
- Mound the vegetables onto two warmed plates and top with the fish and a few basil leaves sprinkled over the top. Serve hot.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 537, Fat 35.8, SaturatedFat 12.4, Cholesterol 131.7, Sodium 173.9, Carbohydrate 14.8, Fiber 3.4, Sugar 3.2, Protein 38.8
People also searched
More about "super quick prosciutto wrapped fish food"
PROSCIUTTO-WRAPPED FISH - FOODS WITH JUDES
Servings 1Total Time 12 mins
PROSCIUTTO WRAPPED HADDOCK RECIPES - EASY RECIPES
PROSCIUTTO-WRAPPED COD WITH LEMON CAPER SPINACH - KIT'S KITCHEN
RECIPEDB - COSYLAB.IIITD.EDU.IN
QUICK AND EASY PROSCIUTTO-WRAPPED SALMON WITH ROAST POTATOES
SUPER QUICK PROSCIUTTO WRAPPED FISH RECIPE - FOOD.COM
PROSCIUTTO WRAPPED FISH RECIPE - BBC FOOD
EASY PROSCIUTTO WRAPPED FISH RECIPE - RECIPEZAZZ.COM
PROSCIUTTO WRAPPED COD RECIPE | GIRL HEART FOOD®
10 BEST PROSCIUTTO WRAPPED APPETIZERS RECIPES | YUMMLY
ROASTED PROSCIUTTO WRAPPED FISH RECIPE - FOOD.COM
WORLD BEST SEA FOOD RECIPES: SUPER QUICK PROSCIUTTO WRAPPED FISH
PROSCIUTTO-WRAPPED FISH | CANADIAN LIVING
#15-minutes-or-less #time-to-make #course #main-ingredient #cuisine #preparation #occasion #for-1-or-2 #5-ingredients-or-less #main-dish #seafood #easy #european #dinner-party #italian #fish #freshwater-fish #tilapia #number-of-servings #3-steps-or-less
You'll also love