GRILLED LINK HOT DOGS WITH HOMEMADE PICKLE RELISH
- Heat grill to high. Grill the hot dogs until golden brown on all sides. Place in buns and top with your favorite mustard and the Homemade Pickle Relish.
- Bring vinegar, mustard seeds, and coriander seeds to a boil in a medium non-reactive saucepan on the grates of the grill; cook until reduced by half and slightly syrupy. Remove from the heat, add the remaining ingredients, and gently toss to coat. Season with salt and pepper, to taste. Cover and refrigerate for at least 1 hour before serving.
SWEET AND SOUR PICKLE RELISH
- Mix all ingredients and store in the refrigerator at least 24 hours prior to serving so that the flavors will blend.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 72.5, Fat 0.2, SaturatedFat 0.1, Sodium 964.3, Carbohydrate 17.1, Fiber 1.7, Sugar 8.9, Protein 1.3
SWEET & SOUR RELISH
I enjoy sauerkraut and this recipe taken from "Bach's Lunch", a cookbook published to benefit the Cleveland Orchestra, looks interesting.
Provided by Dan-Amer 1
Yield 10-12 serving(s)
Number Of Ingredients 7
- Combine first 5 ingredients in a bowl.
- Bring sugar & vinegar to a boil, then cool down.
- Pour sugar-vinegar mixture over vegetables and store in the refrigerator overnight.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 195.1, Fat 0.2, SaturatedFat 0.1, Sodium 335.5, Carbohydrate 48.1, Fiber 2.8, Sugar 44.3, Protein 2.3
CHILI SAUCE FOR HOT DOGS, FRIES AND HAMBURGERS
This is 1 of my 2 staple chili sauces. This is a great recipe to keep on hand for those chili cravings. I have used this recipe on hot dogs, brats, fries and hamburgers of all varieties; even over spaghetti. This recipe freezes very well and will last in the freezer up to 6 months as long as it is properly sealed in airtight containers with a piece of plastic wrap inside the container sitting directly on top of the sauce mixture. You can reduce the cooking time by cooking over a higher heat - just make sure to watch the chili closely, stirring often, so it does not burn on the bottom.
Provided by Brandess
Yield 8-12 serving(s)
Number Of Ingredients 11
- With your clean hands start by adding 4 cups of water, 2 cans of chicken or beef stock and 1 can of regular tomato paste in a large pot. Place the raw hamburger in the liquid and use your hands to break all down so there are no chunks. Add dried onion, chili powder, kosher salt, garlic powder, cinnamon, parsley and cayenne pepper, black pepper and mix well.
- Simmer uncovered over low heat for 2 hours or until the mixture becomes thick and viscus. Stir often! Taste for seasoning and spice level; add more to suit your taste.
- Let cool and store in airtight containers in the freezer. This is also great served over spaghetti with extra sharp cheddar and fresh diced onions.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 134.4, Fat 6.4, SaturatedFat 2.5, Cholesterol 38.1, Sodium 449.8, Carbohydrate 5.9, Fiber 1.2, Sugar 2.8, Protein 13.3
FLO'S SPECIAL HOT DOG RELISH
Flo's Hot Dogs, is located on Rte. 1 in the seacoast area of Maine, in Capeneddick. This little shack has "THE BEST" hot dogs in the world, and has been serving these hot dogs for years... Standing room only inside where the line goes out the door from the time they open, till the time they close... People order 5-6 hot dogs a piece, if that says anything!!! They serve their hot dogs with this sweet and slightly hot relish along with mustard, or with mayonnaise, or with "The Works" which is all three plus celery salt over the top. I have had the pleasure of eating a few of these dogs in my time, and all I can say is MMM m mmm MMMMMM M! The secret to these FABULOUS Hot Dogs is the relish or "sauce" as some call it... Here is the recipe...
Provided by Lindas Busy Kitchen
Yield 10-11 cups
Number Of Ingredients 6
- Put onions, and crushed red peppers in food processor or blender. Chop fine.
- Put all ingredients in a big kettle, and heat until it gets hot, stirring as you go.
- Simmer for 8 hours.
- Put in glass jars, and store in fridge, or process in canning jars, following canning procedures.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 751.3, Fat 0.6, SaturatedFat 0.2, Sodium 119.5, Carbohydrate 188.2, Fiber 7.8, Sugar 138.3, Protein 5.1
PAPA'S HELLISH RELISH FOR HOT DOGS
A super spicy relish that is good on hot dogs, burgers, sausage, and more. I saw something similar on a TV show and came up with my own version This recipe is SUPPOSED to be super spicy.
Provided by Papa Deuce
Yield 40 serving(s)
Number Of Ingredients 9
- Place it all in a food processor and process until you like the consistency.
- Put in a jar for at least 2 days before using. Will keep for weeks in the fridge.
More about "sweet and sour relish for hot dogs brats etc food"
HOT DOGS AND BRATWURST WITH SAUERKRAUT …
SWEET AND SOUR HOT DOG BITES RECIPE - FOOD.COM
Servings 20Total Time 25 minsCategory SweetCalories 62 per serving
- In a saucepan, combine mustard, jelly, and relish; heat over very low heat, stirring constantly, until mixture is hot and well blended.
SWEET AND SOUR RELISH (FOR HOT DOGS, BRATS, ETC.) - FOOD.COM
4.5/5 (2)Total Time 20 minsCategory SaucesCalories 471 per serving
SPICY HOT DOGS | HOT DOG RECIPES | TESCO REAL FOOD
WHAT TO SERVE WITH BRATWURST (14 SAVORY SIDE DISHES)
CLASSIC SWEET HOT DOG RELISH RECIPE - THE SPRUCE EATS
SWEET AND SOUR ONION BRATS RECIPE - WOMAN'S DAY
SWEET AND SOUR RELISH (FOR HOT DOGS, BRATS, ETC.) RECIPE
SWEET AND SOUR RELISH (FOR HOT DOGS, BRATS, ETC.) RECIPE
DOMINICAN HOT DOG RECIPES FOR BBQ PARTY
HOT DOG RECIPES - FOOD & WINE
10 BEST BRATWURST HOT DOG RECIPES | YUMMLY
You'll also love
Top Asked Questions
How to make hot dog relish?Bring to a boil over medium heat, stirring often to help dissolve sugar and prevent lumps. Once syrup is boiling and becoming translucent, add vegetables. Simmer, stirring occasionally, for 10 minutes. Scoop hot dog relish into clean, hot canning jars leaving 1/2 inch of headspace. Screw on the lids.
What is sweet pickle relish?Sweet pickle relish has sugar added for a sweeter taste and often does not contain dill but may contain a mix of other spices. Make Overnight Crunchy Dill Pickles From Scratch With This Recipe
What to serve with bratwurst?What to Serve with Bratwurst (14 Savory Side Dishes) 1 1. Hard Rolls. When picking a vessel for your bratwurst, don’t settle for soft buns that get soggy in a matter of minutes. Please, do not do it such a ... 2 2. Sauerkraut. 3 3. Mustard. 4 4. Kartoffelsalat. 5 5. Grilled Corn on the Cob. More items
What can I use to make relish?Making your own relish is a great way to use cucumbers, onions, and peppers from your garden during peak season. If you want to be totally traditional, use white distilled vinegar; otherwise, you can use the rounder flavors of apple cider or white wine vinegar.