TERIYAKI BEEF OR CHICKEN - HAWAIIAN
A recipe I found on Hawaiinrecipes.org while searching for recipes in the Pacific Islands for ZWT Event. This describes 2 ways to cook, in the oven or on the BBQ. It doesn't add vegetables, but feel free to add vegetables of choice if making it into kabobs. Prep time doesn't include the time for marinating and cook time is for the BBQ.
Provided by diner524
Yield 10-12 serving(s)
Number Of Ingredients 8
- Mix all ingredients. Soak beef 4 hours or overnight in sauce. Bake in shallow pan. Turn pieces over and marinate with sauce. Ten minutes before turning heat off, pour off rest of shoyu mixture. Serve with chopped green onions and Chinese parsley. Bake 325 degrees for 1 hour or less depending on how well you like your meat. Medium is best. This is also a great for grilling on the BBQ. Makes about 6 servings.
- Grilled Teri-Beef and Teri-Chicken Sticks: A great way to make teriyaki beef or chicken when grilling is to slice the meat into thin strips before marinating. Then put on bamboo skewers and grill for 2-3 minutes per side. The meat comes out tender tasty and is easy to eat right off the stick.
TERIYAKI MARINADE FOR CHICKEN OR BEEF
- In a medium bowl, stir together sherry, soy sauce, sugar, ginger, garlic, sesame oil and lemon.
- Place meat or chicken in marinade and refrigerate for 1-2 hours prior to cooking.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 179.5, Fat 0.7, SaturatedFat 0.1, Sodium 2018.8, Carbohydrate 13.2, Fiber 0.4, Sugar 8.1, Protein 4
GENUINE HAWAIIAN TERIYAKI SAUCE
Easy to make, last weeks and tastes delicious! You will find yourself putting this on almost anything once it's in your refrigerator.
Provided by Somogirl
Yield 1 2 cups, 4 serving(s)
Number Of Ingredients 5
- Mix soy and sugar in small sauce pan over low heat just enough to dissolve sugar. Remove from heat and add remaining ingredients.
- Let cool and store in a glass jar in refrigerator.
- A light inexpensive soy works well for this, just make sure it is real not one with caramel coloring as an ingredient. Tamari is a bit too heavy for this, though will work in a pinch.
- I use my parmesan cheese grater to grate ginger--comes out well that way.
- This is also great on noodles, tofu, vegetables, added to stir frys, besides grilled meats and burgers.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 243.2, Fat 0.1, Sodium 4024, Carbohydrate 55.4, Fiber 0.9, Sugar 51.5, Protein 7.9
HAWAIIAN BEEF TERIYAKI STIR-FRY BOWL
This beef teriyaki bowl is not only easy to fix, but has a taste of the islands.
Provided by thedailygourmet
Number Of Ingredients 18
- Mix water, pineapple juice, brown sugar, tamari, garlic, ginger paste, and onion powder together in a resealable zip-top bag. Reserve 1/2 cup marinade, add tapioca flour to reserved marinade and set aside. Cut beef into 1-inch pieces; add to the marinade in the bag, seal the bag, and refrigerate for 45 minutes.
- Turn on a multi-functional pressure cooker (such as Instant Pot®) and select Saute function. Add oil; add red pepper flakes and sirloin pieces, discarding marinade. Saute until browned, 5 to 7 minutes.
- Place bell peppers, onion, and carrots in a steamer bucket. Place bucket on top of meat. Hit Cancel.
- Close and lock the lid. Select high pressure according to manufacturer's instructions; set timer for 3 minutes. Allow 10 to 15 minutes for pressure to build.
- Release pressure carefully using the quick-release method according to manufacturer's instructions, about 5 minutes. Unlock and remove the lid. Carefully remove vegetable bucket. Set aside.
- Switch to Saute function and add noodles. Pour in the reserved marinade with tapioca; stir until sauce is thickened. Add in vegetables. Toss to combine. Serve immediately in bowls; top with everything bagel seasoning and garnish with green onion.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 743.5 calories, Carbohydrate 85.3 g, Cholesterol 24.5 mg, Fat 37.1 g, Fiber 6.3 g, Protein 19.7 g, SaturatedFat 5.9 g, Sodium 834.6 mg, Sugar 22.5 g
BEEF OR CHICKEN TERIYAKI STIR-FRY
I love stir frys and this one is a good one! The longer you marinade the meat in the teriyaki sauce the better it is.
Provided by kzbhansen
Categories One Dish Meal
Yield 6 serving(s)
Number Of Ingredients 10
- Marinate your beef or chicken for about 5 hours using about 1/2 the bottle of the teriyaki sauce.
- Put oil in a wok or a frying pan with a cover and heat.
- Drain the meat from the marinade discarding the marinade and add the meat and garlic to wok.
- Cook until it is done about 7 minutes.
- Remove the meat from the wok and wipe out the wok with a paper towel.
- Add more oil and stir fry the carrots for about 6 minutes.
- Add the zucchini, crookneck squash, baby corn and mushrooms and stir fry for about 10 minutes.
- Add the meat back into the wok and stir through and add more teriyaki sauce to taste.
- Cover and cook for about 5 minutes.
- Serve over rice.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 453.6, Fat 22.7, SaturatedFat 8.7, Cholesterol 77.1, Sodium 3048.1, Carbohydrate 35.5, Fiber 5.2, Sugar 17.5, Protein 30.3
JAPANESE TAKE-OUT TERIYAKI BEEF OR CHICKEN
The best part about teriyaki is the caramelized coating beef or chicken gets as it cooks with the sauce. Sometimes restaurants simply drizzle the meat with the sauce after it's cooked, which, defeats the purpose. From the Take-Out Menu Cookbook.
Provided by TxGriffLover
Yield 4 serving(s)
Number Of Ingredients 6
- Combine the soy sauce, mirin, sake, sugar, and ginger in a large zip-top bag.
- Add the beef or chicken and marinate for 2 hours in the refrigerator.
- Remove the meat from the marinade, and pour the marinade into a medium-sized saucepan. Place over medium heat and reduce until slightly thickened, about 5 minutes. Reserve 2 tablespoons of reduced marinade and set aside.
- Preheat the broiler.
- For the beef teriyaki: Slide the beef onto wooden skewers that have been soaked in water for 1 hour and place on a broiler pan. Place the broiler pan on a rack 6 inches from the broiler and broil for 6 minutes. Turn the meat over, check for doneness, checking every minute or two. Brush with the reserved sauce just before serving.
- For the chicken teriyaki: Place the chicken on a broiler pan skin-side down. Place the broiler pan on a rack 6 inches from the broiler and broil for 3 minutes. Turn the meat over and baste with the reduced sauce. Broil another 5 minutes. The skin should be dark brown in spots and the chicken should be cooked through. Brush with the reserved sauce just before serving.
- Tip: Teriyaki is often cooked over a grill. For this technique, place the marinated meat directly on a barbecue grill rack situated 6 inches over hot coals. Turn and baste with sauce as directed in the recipe.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 468.7, Fat 27.6, SaturatedFat 11, Cholesterol 114, Sodium 2216.5, Carbohydrate 13.3, Fiber 0.3, Sugar 10.3, Protein 36.3
People also searched
More about "teriyaki beef or chicken hawaiian food"
HAWAIIAN GRILLED TERIYAKI CHICKEN - FAVORITE …
4.9/5 (44)Calories 523 per servingCategory Dinner, Main Course
- Place chicken thighs in a bowl or gallon-sized Ziploc bag, set aside.Combine remaining ingredients in medium-sized mixing bowl and mix until sugar dissolves.Pour marinade over chicken, press air out of bag, and seal tightly (or cover the bowl and make it as air-tight as possible). Refrigerate overnight (or at least 4 hours). Remove chicken from bag and set aside. Do NOT discard marinade.
- Place chicken on grill and brush some of the hot marinade over the top (do not place brush back in marinade after brushing the chicken).Continue to grill chicken until done (165 degrees internal temp).
- Place cooked chicken in a baking dish and pour remaining hot teriyaki marinade over the top. Serve immediately.
HOW TO MAKE A HAWAIIAN LUNCH PLATE
HOW TO MAKE HAWAII-STYLE BARBECUE …
HAWAIIAN TIME - 50 PHOTOS & 136 REVIEWS
TERIYAKI - WIKIPEDIA
KAHU HAWAIIAN BBQ - 100 PHOTOS & 112 …
UNCLE’S HAWAIIAN GRINDZ - 452 PHOTOS
HAWAIIAN BEEF TERIYAKI - FAVORITE FAMILY RECIPES
5/5 (13)Calories 431 per servingCategory Dinner, Main Course
- Mix together all ingredients, excluding beef. Set aside about 1/2 cup of the sauce, cover and refrigerate.
- Place beef in a Ziploc bag and pour marinade over. Press out all the air, seal, and marinate for at least 6 hours (overnight works great).
- Over prepared grill on medium-high heat, grill steak a minute or two on each size until cooked to your desired doneness (with the steak being so thin, you don't have to grill it for too long).
- Place beef in a large bowl, pour remaining sauce over the cooked beef and stir until well covered. Serve with rice and/or grilled fresh pineapple.
HAWAIIAN FOOD: 25 TASTY FOODS TO EAT IN HAWAII | CAPETOCASA
BASIC TERIYAKI SAUCE RECIPE - SERIOUS EATS
HAWAIIAN STYLE TERIYAKI CHICKEN : R/OLIVESPLACE
HAWAIIAN TERIYAKI BEEF RECIPE - FOOD.COM
GRILLED HAWAIIAN CHICKEN TERIYAKI BOWLS - TASTES BETTER FROM SCRATCH
DELICIOUS BEEF TERIYAKI RECIPES
CHICKEN OR BEEF TERIYAKI RECIPE | POLYNESIAN CULTURAL CENTER
HAWAIIAN BEEF TERIYAKI - ALIYAH'S RECIPES AND TIPS
BEST HAWAIIAN RECIPES
TERIYAKI STEAK MARINADE FOR GRILLING OR SMOKING BEEF - SIP BITE GO
AUTHENTIC HAWAIIAN RECIPES - FAVORITE FAMILY RECIPES
TROPICAL MADNESS: HOW TO PREPARE A SUPERB HAWAIIAN TERIYAKI …
You'll also love
Top Asked Questions
What is Hawaiian beef teriyaki?Hawaiian Beef Teriyaki is tender, juicy, and so flavorful! Thinly sliced beef drizzled with a simple homemade teriyaki sauce, this dish is a family favorite! This Hawaiian Beef Teriyaki is one of my favorite meals, and one that reminds me of my time living in Hawaii.
How to cook chicken in teriyaki sauce?Baked – Place chicken pieces in a baking dish and pour about 1-2 cups of the homemade teriyaki sauce over the top. Bake for about 25-30 minutes or until chicken has cooked through (165-degrees F) No matter how you prepare it, serve with extra teriyaki sauce and maybe a few sesame seeds and some diced green onion for garnish.
What is in a Hawaiian Chicken Teriyaki Bowl?These Grilled Hawaiian Chicken Teriyaki Bowls could be my all-time FAVORITE summer meal! The bowl starts with coconut rice, topped with grilled pineapple, zucchini, bell peppers, and onions. Then, we add grilled teriyaki chicken and a drizzle of homemade teriyaki sauce! Make the coconut rice.
What is the best thing to eat in Hawaii?Hawaiian Beef Teriyaki: Hawaiian Beef Teriyaki is a favorite of mine from when I lived in Hawaii. The teriyaki sauce is out of this world good. Great with a plate lunch! Kalua Pork with Cabbage:Kalua Pork with Cabbage is a Hawaiian dish often served at Luaus.