BALSAMIC BAKED TILAPIA
- Preheat an oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C).
- Heat 1 tablespoon olive oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat. Cook onion and red pepper in the oil until onion is tender and golden, and peppers are slightly soft, about 10 minutes. Stir balsamic vinegar into the vegetables; season with salt and pepper.
- Rub tilapia filets with 2 teaspoons olive oil and a sprinkle of salt and pepper. Place fillets in a small baking dish, and top with the balsamic onion mixture. Sprinkle fish evenly with blue cheese.
- Bake in preheated oven until fish flakes easily. Serve atop salad greens.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 329.2 calories, Carbohydrate 10.7 g, Cholesterol 66.9 mg, Fat 17.3 g, Fiber 2.8 g, Protein 32.3 g, SaturatedFat 7.5 g, Sodium 540.7 mg, Sugar 5.3 g
TILAPIA WITH BALSAMIC BROWNED BUTTER AND CREAMY FARFALLE WITH BACON, TOMATO AND PEAS
Provided by Rachael Ray : Food Network
Yield 4 servings
Number Of Ingredients 17
- Heat a pot of water to a boil, salt the water and cook pasta to al dente.
- Heat a deep large skillet with 1 tablespoon extra-virgin olive oil over medium-high heat. Add bacon and crisp 3 to 4 minutes. Add onions, garlic, bay leaf and mushrooms, season with salt and pepper and cook until tender but not browned, 5 minutes. Add tomatoes, crush them up with a wooden spoon and simmer 15 minutes on low heat.
- Season the fish with salt and pepper. Dust fish with flour and shake off excess.
- Heat 2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil in a large skillet over medium high heat. Cook fish 4 minutes on each side.
- While fish cooks, stir peas into sauce, return to bubble and stir in mascarpone cheese. Adjust seasoning.
- Remove fish from skillet to a platter and cover loosely with foil to keep warm. Reduce heat to medium and add butter to pan. Brown butter, 2 to 3 minutes, stir in balsamic and simmer 1 to 2 minutes to reduce by half. Pour the brown butter and vinegar over fish.
- Drain pasta, toss with sauce and wilt basil into pasta.
- Serve fish with pasta alongside.
TILAPIA WITH CHARRED CHERRY TOMATOES AND BALSAMIC REDUCTION
- Chop 1/4 of the basil leaves. Mix chopped basil, thyme, garlic, lemon zest, salt, and pepper in a bowl. Rub spice mixture on tilapia fillets and place in an airtight container. Marinate for 2 hours at room temperature.
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Line a baking dish with aluminum foil and grease with 1 tablespoon olive oil.
- Place tilapia fillets into prepared baking dish, shaking off excess seasoning. Sprinkle cherry tomatoes, shallot, and remaining unchopped basil leaves on top. Drizzle 1/2 the lemon juice and 2 tablespoons balsamic vinegar over the fish.
- Bake in the preheated oven for 10 minutes, until fish is starting to flake.
- Meanwhile, combine remaining lemon juice, 1 tablespoon olive oil, and 1/4 cup balsamic vinegar in a saucepan and bring to a boil over medium-high heat. Boil mixture until it has the thick consistency of molasses, 5 to 10 minutes.
- Set an oven rack about 6 inches from the heat source and preheat the oven's broiler.
- Broil fish until tomatoes are charred, about 5 minutes. Remove from oven and discard liquid. Pour balsamic reduction on top of fish.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 291.5 calories, Carbohydrate 15.8 g, Cholesterol 62.2 mg, Fat 9.7 g, Fiber 3.8 g, Protein 37.2 g, SaturatedFat 1.5 g, Sodium 205.8 mg, Sugar 3.8 g
TILAPIA WITH CUCUMBER SALAD
Light and crispy tilapia complete with salad can be on your dinner table in less than 30 minutes.
Provided by Betty Crocker Kitchens
Number Of Ingredients 14
- In medium bowl, mix dressing ingredients. Stir in salad ingredients to coat.
- On plate, mix flour and seasoning. On second plate, place bread crumbs. In bowl, beat egg with fork. Coat fish with flour mixture. Dip into egg; coat well with bread crumbs.
- In 10-inch nonstick skillet, heat 2 tablespoons of the oil over medium-high heat. Add 2 fish fillets; cook 3 minutes. Carefully turn fish over. Reduce heat to medium; cook about 3 minutes longer or until fish flakes easily with fork. Repeat with remaining oil and fish. Serve fish topped with salad.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 440, Carbohydrate 29 g, Cholesterol 145 mg, Fat 3, Fiber 0 g, Protein 37 g, SaturatedFat 3 g, ServingSize 1 Serving, Sodium 590 mg, Sugar 7 g, TransFat 0 g
TILAPIA WITH BALSAMIC BUTTER SAUCE
Make and share this Tilapia With Balsamic Butter Sauce recipe from Food.com.
Provided by CountryLady
Yield 6 serving(s)
Number Of Ingredients 5
- Simmer vinegar and garlic in a small heavy saucepan over medium heat until reduced to a thick syrup, about 5 minutes.
- Meanwhile, heat oil in a large skillet over high heat and season fish with salt & pepper; saute until golden, about 2 minutes per side.
- Cut butter into 1/2 inch cubes and whisk into saucepan one piece at a time.
- Serve fish drizzled with sauce.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 265.1, Fat 19.5, SaturatedFat 10.7, Cholesterol 97.4, Sodium 61.2, Carbohydrate 0.2, Protein 23
This is a great way to make Tilapia with a twist. Easy, flavorful and good for you, it's different than the usual broiled, baked or fried Tilapia I usually have. Ingredients needed are minimal - I made it up with what I had on hand and it turned out beautifully. My husband loved it and he isn't much of a fish eater.
Provided by Paige
Yield 5-6 fillets, 4-6 serving(s)
Number Of Ingredients 6
- Add 1 tbs. olive oil to small saute pan.
- Add onions and cook until tender.
- Add tomatoes to onion and let cook until tomatoes begin to lose their shape.
- Turn heat to medium/low and add 2 tbs. balsamic vinegar to onion and tomato mixture. Stir and let simmer while you prepare the fish.
- Coat a large frying or saute pan with olive oil over medium heat.
- Season fillets with salt and pepper then add to pan. The fish will cook very quickly. Try to flip only once. The fish is done when it begins to flake easily - in about 4-5 minutes total.
- To serve, plate fish and spoon the tomato/onion mixture over the fish - about 1/4 cup per fillet. Serve immediately.
More about "tilapia in balsamic reduction w cucumber and cabbage salad food"
CABBAGE CUCUMBER SALAD - SIMPLY HOME COOKED
HOW TO MAKE A PERFECT BALSAMIC REDUCTION | JOYFUL …
EASY BALSAMIC REDUCTION RECIPE - THE SPRUCE EATS
TILAPIA ROLLS IN BALSAMIC REDUCTION SAUCE | EASY DINNER RECIPES HOW …
4.7/5 (12)Total Time 1 hr 30 minsCategory New American
PAN SEARED TILAPIA WITH A BALSAMIC BUTTER REDUCTION SAUCE
RECIPES FOR TILAPIA WITH BALSAMIC BUTTER SAUCE
TILAPIA WITH BALSAMIC BUTTER SAUCE, THYME MASHED POTATOES, AND …
TILAPIA WITH CUCUMBER RADISH RELISH - JAMIE GELLER
BAKED TILAPIA AND SAUTEED CABBAGE | COOK SMARTS
10 BEST TILAPIA BALSAMIC VINEGAR RECIPES | YUMMLY
TILAPIA IN BALSAMIC REDUCTION W CUCUMBER AND CABBAGE SALAD FOOD
Are you curently on diet or you just want to control your food's nutritions, ingredients? We will help you find recipes by cooking method, nutrition, ingredients...Check it out »
You'll also love