SOUTHEAST ASIAN-STYLE GRILLED SHRIMP WITH AROMATIC HERBS
Even more impressive than the presentation is how these grilled jumbo shrimp pack a punch. They're marinated with Asian-inspired ingredients such as sesame oil, lemongrass, hot chile pepper, curry powder, and Thai basil.
Provided by Martha Stewart
Categories Food & Cooking Ingredients Seafood Recipes Shrimp Recipes
Number Of Ingredients 14
- Preheat a grill: If using a charcoal grill, make a fire in your grill with the coals placed off to one side. When the coals are completely covered in gray ash, hold your hand about 5 inches above the grill grid; count how many seconds you can comfortably leave it there. When you can hold it there for 2 to 3 seconds, you have medium-high heat and are ready to grill. If you are using a gas grill, heat the grill for 15 minutes with the lid closed. Before beginning to cook, reduce the temperature by turning the knobs to medium-high.
- Brush shrimp with sesame oil and season with salt and pepper. Place shrimp on grill near, but not directly over, the coals and cook, turning once, until shrimp are opaque, 3 to 4 minutes per side. Remove from heat and transfer to a large nonreactive bowl.
- Add ginger, garlic, chile, curry powder, lemongrass, Thai basil, mint, cilantro, lime juice, fish sauce, and sugar to bowl with shrimp. Toss to combine. Serve immediately.
GRILLED SHRIMP SALAD WITH SESAME GINGER VINAIGRETTE
Provided by Food Network
Yield 2 servings
Number Of Ingredients 6
- Brush shrimp with 2 to 3 tablespoons Ginger Sesame Vinaigrette. Grill over medium-high heat 3 to 4 minutes or until pink, turning once.
- Divide salad on 2 large plates. Arrange shrimp, tomatoes, mushrooms and green onions on each. Drizzle with Ginger Sesame Vinaigrette, to taste. Refrigerated leftovers.
- Combine 1/3 cup rice vinegar, 1/4 cup toasted sesame seed, 1 tablespoon soy sauce, 2 teaspoons finely chopped ginger, and 2 teaspoons minced garlic in blender container. Cover; blend until smooth. Slowly add 2/3 cup canola oil and 1/3 cup sesame oil in thin stream, until blended. Makes about 1-1/2 cups.
TOASTED SESAME SEED ASIAN GRILLED SHRIMP
I wanted to try this out first before I made this for company coming in a couple of weeks. It really turned out good, phew...and when I make the marinade next time I'll make a lot more of it to freeze. We had this with risotto & fresh asparagus and a garden salad. These were suppose to go on the BBQ but our winds kicked up so I...
Provided by Irisa Raina 9
Number Of Ingredients 7
- 1. Place the shrimp and green onions in a large zip baggie and refrigerate.
- 2. In a dry skillet roast/toast sesame seeds, till they are slightly toasted. You'll know they are done when you can smell them. Once you start to smell them, watch them carefully as they will burn in a nano second.
- 3. Remove the pan off the hot part of the stove and let the seeds cool in the pan.
- 4. Once the pan has cooled add the preserves, soy sauce, pineapple juice & hot sauce simmer very slowly till it had reduced by 1/2. This should be thick at this point. How long this part will take depends on your stove, everyone's is different. I simmered mine about 20 to 25 minutes. Just make sure you stir it every 5 minutes or so. Let it cool.
- 5. This must be very cool before you add it to the shrimp!
- 6. In the baggie with the shrimp and green onions add ½ of the cooled marinade and seal and refrigerate for at least 1 hour. Take it out and turn it over a couple of times so all the shrimp gets marinated.
- 7. Reserve the other ½ of the marinade for another meal.
- 8. Before you put the shrimp on the skewers you'll want to put them into a collider and drain them off for about 5 minutes. You'll want to do this to avoid flair ups if you are grilling them.
- 9. When you are ready to grille the shrimp, take two skewers at a time holding them side by side, and put the shrimp on them " this is the messy part " once you have them all on the skewers, grill them for about 5 minutes per side.
GRILLED SHRIMP SKEWERS WITH SOY SAUCE, FRESH GINGER AND TOASTED SESAME SEEDS
Provided by Bobby Flay
Yield 4 to 6 servings
Number Of Ingredients 11
- Soak 4-inch wooden skewers in cold water for 1 hour. Thread 1 shrimp onto each skewer so that the shrimp lie flat.
- Whisk together the soy, garlic, ginger, sesame oil, white wine vinegar, lime juice and peanut oil together in a small bowl. Place shrimp skewers onto a plate and drizzle with peanut oil to lightly coat. Season with salt and pepper.
- Heat grill. Grill shrimp 2 minutes per side or until just cooked through. Place shrimp on a platter, drizzle with vinaigrette and sprinkle with sesame seeds.
SESAME SHRIMP TOASTS
Enjoy a Chinese dim sum favorite with your party guests. The shrimp paste is easy to make, and the deep frying doesn't require a big time commitment. Look for very thinly sliced white bread in the grocery store-if you can't find it, regular sliced bread can be thinned out with a quick pass of a rolling pin!
Provided by Food Network Kitchen
Yield 40 toasts (12 to 15 servings)
Number Of Ingredients 17
- Make the shrimp paste: Process the egg white, ginger, garlic, 1 tablespoon of the soy sauce, 1 tablespoon of the sesame oil, the sherry, 3/4 teaspoon salt, 1/2 teaspoon of the brown sugar and several grinds of pepper in a food processor until all the ginger and garlic are pureed. Add the shrimp, and pulse until a thick paste forms. Transfer to a medium bowl, and fold in 2/3 of the scallions, the celery, water chestnuts and sesame seeds. (The shrimp paste can be refrigerated for up to 1 day.)
- Trim the crusts from the bread, and evenly divide the shrimp paste among the slices (about 2 heaping tablespoons each). Spread out into an even layer that completely covers the bread.
- Make the dipping sauce: Whisk together the remaining 2 tablespoons soy sauce, 1 teaspoon sesame oil and 1 teaspoon brown sugar, the lemon juice and a large pinch of salt in a small bowl.
- Fry the toasts: Line a baking sheet with paper towels. Fill a large, wide skillet with straight sides, with about 1 inch of vegetable oil. Attach a deep-fry thermometer to the skillet, and bring the oil to 375 degrees F over medium heat. Being careful of the hot oil splashing, put 5 to 6 shrimp toasts in the oil shrimp-side down and fry until the shrimp and the edges of the bread are golden brown, 2 to 3 minutes. Flip the pieces, and continue to fry until the bottoms are golden brown, about 1 minute more. (Adjust the heat as needed to maintain the temperature.) Transfer the shrimp toasts to the prepared baking sheet, and dab the tops with a paper towel to absorb some of the excess oil. Sprinkle the toasts all over with the remaining scallions and some sesame seeds and salt. Cut each toast into 4 triangles, and serve hot with the dipping sauce on the side.
My husband tells me this quick recipe looks elegant and tastes awesome!
Provided by Taste of Home
Yield 2 servings.
Number Of Ingredients 8
- In a resealable plastic bag, combine the soy sauce, 1 tablespoon sesame oil, lemon juice, garlic powder and lemon-pepper; add shrimp. Seal bag and turn to coat; refrigerate for 30 minutes., Drain and discard marinade. In a skillet, saute shrimp in remaining sesame oil until shrimp turn pink, about 3 minutes. Serve with rice if desired. Sprinkle with sesame seeds.
Nutrition Facts :
More about "toasted sesame seed asian grilled shrimp food"
GINGER GARLIC SESAME SHRIMP RECIPE - SIMPLY RECIPES
5/5 (5)Total Time 30 minsCategory Dinner, 1-pot, Stir-FryCalories 292 per serving
HONEY SESAME GRILLED SHRIMP - SAVING ROOM FOR DESSERT
HOW TO TOAST SESAME SEEDS - A COUPLE COOKS
SESAME SHRIMP - DINNER AT THE ZOO
GRILLED SESAME SHRIMP FOR THE WIN | FOOD GAL
10 BEST ASIAN GRILLED SHRIMP RECIPES | YUMMLY
3 WAYS TO TOAST SESAME SEEDS - WIKIHOW
GRILLED ASIAN SHRIMP SLIDERS | SHRIMP | JENNY SHEA RAWN
ASIAN SAUTéED SHRIMP - WEELICIOUS
TOASTING SESAME SEEDS - TASTE OF HOME
GRILLED SHRIMP SALAD WITH SESAME VINAIGRETTE RECIPE | RECIPES.NET
SESAME SHRIMP - HEALTHY RECIPES BLOG
GRILLED ASIAN SHRIMP SALAD WITH CRISPY WONTONS - SIMPLY SCRATCH
GRILLED SESAME SHRIMP SKEWERS (GF & KETO!) - MAEBELLS
MISO SESAME GRILLED SHRIMP | HAMILTONBEACH.CA
TOASTED SESAME AND CITRUS WEDDING CAKE RECIPE - NYT COOKING
GRILLED SESAME SHRIMP WITH HERB SALAD RECIPE | BON APPéTIT
Are you curently on diet or you just want to control your food's nutritions, ingredients? We will help you find recipes by cooking method, nutrition, ingredients...Check it out »
You'll also love