AIDA'S CORN, TOMATO AND AVOCADO SALAD
Provided by Aida Mollenkamp
Yield 8 servings
Number Of Ingredients 9
- Combine the dressing ingredients in a blender, using 2 teaspoons salt, and pepper to taste; process until smooth. Combine the salad ingredients in a large bowl and toss with the dressing. Let sit at least 15 minutes before serving, or cover and refrigerate for up to 4 hours.
- Photography by Kate Sears
TOMATO, AVOCADO AND GRILLED CORN SALAD
With ripe tomatoes, fresh basil and grilled corn, this bright salad tastes just like summertime! —Angela Spengler, Tampa, Florida
Provided by Taste of Home
Yield 8 servings.
Number Of Ingredients 10
- Grill corn, covered, over medium heat 10-12 minutes or until lightly browned and tender, turning occasionally. Cool slightly. Cut corn from cob., Arrange tomato slices on a large serving platter. Sprinkle with 1/2 teaspoon salt and 1/4 teaspoon pepper. Top with avocado slices. Whisk together the oil, vinegar, basil and remaining salt and pepper; drizzle half over the tomatoes and avocado. Top with grilled corn and feta; drizzle remaining dressing over top. Garnish with additional chopped basil.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 164 calories, Fat 13g fat (2g saturated fat), Cholesterol 3mg cholesterol, Sodium 237mg sodium, Carbohydrate 11g carbohydrate (4g sugars, Fiber 4g fiber), Protein 3g protein. Diabetic Exchanges
CORN AND AVOCADO SALAD
- In a large pot of boiling salted water, cook the corn for 3 minutes until the starchiness is just gone. Drain and immerse the corn in ice water to stop the cooking and to set the color. When the corn is cool, cut the kernels off the cob, cutting close to the cob, and place them in a large bowl.
- Toss the avocados with the lemon juice and add them to the bowl with the corn. Add the tomatoes, red peppers, onion, jalapeno peppers and lime zest to the bowl.
- Whisk the lime juice, olive oil, 2 teaspoons kosher salt, black pepper, garlic, and cayenne pepper together in a small bowl and pour over the vegetables. Toss well. Keep refrigerated until ready to serve.
AVOCADO, TOMATO & CORN SALAD/SALSA
Refreshing, quick and easy. Use as a salad or salsa. Fill a wrap, top a plate of greens or grilled fish, meat or chicken. The frozen corn chills the salad down which adds to the refreshing taste for hot summer days! You can go mild or kick it up with a jalapeno or smokey chipotles! Yes, parsley can be use in place of the cilantro.
Provided by Rita1652
Yield 6-8 serving(s)
Number Of Ingredients 11
- Mix the first 5 ingredients together.
- Add avocado, onions, corn and tomatoes. Toss into dressing.
- Season with salt and pepper.
- Let sit for 30 minutes, toss and enjoy!
More about "tomato stack salad with corn avocado food"
AVOCADO TOMATO CORN SALAD RECIPE - DINNER, THEN DESSERT
5/5 (1)Total Time 5 minsCategory Side DishCalories 240 per serving
- Add in the diced avocados, tomatoes, cucumber, corn, and cilantro and toss gently to combine.
TOMATO STACK SALAD WITH CORN AND AVOCADO RECIPE
5/5 (31)Total Time 30 minsServings 4Calories 191 per serving
- Heat a large nonstick skillet over medium heat. Add bacon to pan; cook 8 minutes or until crisp, tossing occasionally to curl. Drain bacon on paper towels.
- Combine buttermilk and next 5 ingredients (through garlic), stirring with a whisk. Stir in 1/4 teaspoon pepper.
- Coat corn with cooking spray. Place corn on grill rack; grill 8 minutes or until well marked, turning occasionally. Remove from grill; cool slightly. Cut corn kernels from cobs.
TOMATO STACK SALAD WITH CORN AND AVOCADO | STEPHIE …
5/5 (2)Estimated Reading Time 4 mins
CORN, AVOCADO, AND TOMATO SALAD - THE GIRL WHO ATE …
4.4/5 (63)Category Side DishCuisine AmericanTotal Time 20 mins
CORN, TOMATO, AND AVOCADO PASTA SALAD. - HALF BAKED …
CORN TOMATO AVOCADO SALAD WITH CUCUMBERS - SKINNYTASTE
TOMATO STACK SALAD WITH CORN, BACON, AND AVOCADO
TOMATO, AVOCADO AND ROASTED-CORN SALAD - FOOD & WINE
- Preheat the oven to 500°. On a rimmed baking sheet, drizzle the corn with 2 tablespoons of the olive oil. Season the ears with salt and pepper and roast for about 25 minutes, turning a few times, until the kernels are browned; let cool. Cut the kernels from the cobs and transfer to a bowl.
- Turn the oven down to 400°. Spread the pumpkin seeds in a pie plate and bake for about 4 minutes, or until lightly browned. Transfer to a plate to cool.
- Put 1/2 cup of the corn kernels in a blender. Add the lime juice, sherry vinegar, sugar, hot sauce and cinnamon and puree. With the machine on, add the remaining 1/2 cup of olive oil in a thin stream and blend until emulsified. Scrape the vinaigrette into a bowl and season with salt and pepper.
- In a large bowl, toss the remaining corn kernels with the arugula, avocados, red and yellow tomatoes and cucumbers. Add the vinaigrette and toss well. Mound the salad on a large platter, scatter the pumpkin seeds and crumbled cheese on top and serve.
CORN TOMATO AVOCADO SALAD RECIPE – MELANIE COOKS
CORN TOMATO AVOCADO SALAD | GIMME DELICIOUS
12 AVOCADO CORN SALAD RECIPES
TOMATO AVOCADO SALAD STACK - GRUMPY'S HONEYBUNCH
AVOCADO TOMATO CORN SALAD - CAFE DELITES
FRESH AVOCADO CORN SALAD WITH LIME DRESSING - IFOODREAL.COM
TOMATO STACK SALAD WITH CORN AND AVOCADO RECIPE - FOOD HOUSE
CORN PASTA SALAD WITH TOMATO AND AVOCADO – LAYLITA’S RECIPES
TOP 43 FRESH CORN AND TOMATO SALAD RECIPES
You'll also love