TOMATO & CHICKPEA CURRY
Want to use up the cans cluttering up your cupboards? This satisfying veggie chickpea curry is made in four easy steps and counts as three of your five-a-day
Provided by Chelsie Collins
Number Of Ingredients 12
- Heat 1 tbsp olive oil in a large pan and add 2 finely sliced onions. Cook until softened, about 10 mins.
- Add 2 crushed garlic cloves, 1 tsp garam masala, 1 tsp turmeric and 1 tsp ground coriander, then stir to combine. Cook for 1-2 mins, then pour in a 400g can of plum tomatoes, break up with a wooden spoon and simmer for 10 mins.
- Pour in a 400ml can of coconut milk and season. Bring to the boil and simmer for a further 10-15 mins until the sauce has thickened.
- Tip in a drained and rinsed 400g can of chickpeas and 2 quartered large tomatoes, and warm through. Scatter over roughly chopped coriander from ½ small pack and serve with fluffy rice.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 369 calories, Fat 23 grams fat, SaturatedFat 16 grams saturated fat, Carbohydrate 28 grams carbohydrates, Sugar 11 grams sugar, Fiber 6 grams fiber, Protein 9 grams protein, Sodium 0.5 milligram of sodium
SPICY TOMATO CHICKPEA STEW
This recipe also comes from Family Circle's Fast Vegetarian Cookbook and is the perfect stew/soup for a cold night. It is filling, easy to make, tastes super yummy and is healthy, too. What more can you ask for? :) I modified it a little to have it produce a smaller quantity and suite my taste even more. I hope you enjoy.
Provided by Lalaloula
Yield 2 serving(s)
Number Of Ingredients 11
- Heat oil in a pan. Stir in onion and garlic. Cook for 4-5 minutes or until soft and slightly browned.
- Mix in spices and cook for 1-2 minutes.
- Stir in chopped tomatoes, tomato puree and chickpeas.
- Bring to a boil, then reduce the heat and simmer for about 15 minutes.
- Season well with salt and freshly ground pepper.
- Just before serving stir in the parsley.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 286.1, Fat 6.1, SaturatedFat 0.8, Sodium 417.3, Carbohydrate 51.9, Fiber 11.7, Sugar 11.9, Protein 10.8
TOMATOEY SPICED CHICKPEAS
Provided by Paul Grimes
Yield Makes 4 (main course) or 6 (side dish) servings
Number Of Ingredients 10
- Heat oil in a 12-inch heavy skillet over medium heat until it shimmers, then cook cumin, coriander, ginger, red-pepper flakes, and cinnamon stick, stirring constantly, until fragrant and a shade darker, about 2 minutes.
- Add tomatoes with juices, breaking up tomatoes with a spoon, then add chickpeas. Simmer, stirring occasionally, until slightly thickened, about 20 minutes. Discard cinnamon stick.
- Stir in parsley and mint. Serve warm or at room temperature.
SPICY ROAST CHICKPEAS
- Heat oven to 200C/180C fan/gas 4. Tip the chickpeas into a bowl and toss with the rapeseed oil, smoked paprika, cumin and coriander along with a big pinch of salt. Toss well until the chickpeas are well coated, then tip out onto a baking tray and bake for 35 mins, moving them round the tray halfway through so they dry out evenly and are crunchy. Leave to cool, then store in an airtight container.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 115 calories, Fat 3 grams fat, SaturatedFat 0.3 grams saturated fat, Carbohydrate 12 grams carbohydrates, Sugar 0.4 grams sugar, Fiber 5 grams fiber, Protein 6 grams protein
CRISPY SPICED CHICKPEAS WITH PEPPERS AND TOMATOES
This vegetarian sheet-pan supper has verve to spare. You will need two sheet pans to make it, but that's about all the kitchen equipment necessary. On one of them, spice-coated chickpeas are roasted until golden and crisp, while juicy peppers, tomatoes and onions caramelize on the other. Handfuls of bright fresh herbs and sweet pomegranate seeds add color and crunch. Serve this by itself for a light dinner, or with couscous or rice for something more substantial.
Provided by Melissa Clark
Yield 4 servings
Number Of Ingredients 17
- Heat the oven to 450 degrees and arrange racks on the top and bottom thirds of the oven.
- In a large bowl, toss chickpeas with 2 tablespoons oil, the cumin, coriander, turmeric, cayenne and 1/2 teaspoon salt until evenly coated. Spread onto a rimmed sheet pan in a single layer and top with 3 thyme sprigs.
- On a second sheet pan, combine bell peppers, tomatoes, onion, jalapeños and remaining thyme sprigs with 2 tablespoons oil and remaining 1/2 teaspoon salt. Spread vegetables into one layer.
- Place chickpea pan on the bottom rack and vegetables on the top rack and roast for 10 minutes. Switch pan positions. Roast chickpeas until crisped but still tender, about 5 minutes, and roast vegetables until golden brown, about 10 minutes. If the vegetables are tender but not browned, place the pan under the broiler for 1 to 2 minutes to caramelize. Discard thyme sprigs.
- While the chickpeas and vegetables roast, whisk lemon juice, garlic and remaining 1/4 cup oil in a small bowl. Season with salt to taste.
- Arrange vegetables on a large platter and drizzle with half the dressing, then top with crispy chickpeas, fresh herbs and pomegranate seeds. Drizzle remaining dressing over everything. Serve with couscous or rice, if you like.
BOMBAY SPICED CHICKPEAS & TOMATOES
- Heat the butter in a frying pan and fry the onion over a gentle heat for 10 minutes, until softened.
- Add the Medium Curry Powder and fry for 1 minute.
- Add the remaining ingredients and bring to the boil.
- Reduce the heat and simmer for 10 minutes, until the sauce has thickened. Season to taste.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 207.5, Fat 6.6, SaturatedFat 3.4, Cholesterol 13.4, Sodium 349.4, Carbohydrate 33.1, Fiber 6.6, Sugar 6.4, Protein 6.2
People also searched
More about "tomatoey spiced chickpeas food"
MOROCCAN-INSPIRED CHICKPEA TOMATO STEW | THE FULL …
4.4/5 (77)Category Entree, Main DishCuisine Gluten Free, Nut Free, Soy Free, VeganTotal Time 40 mins
- Heat the olive oil in a large pot over medium heat. When the oil is shimmering, add the onion. Cook onion for five minutes, stirring now and then, or until the onion is soft and clear. Add the garlic and cook for 2 more minutes, stirring frequently and adding a tablespoon or two of water if the garlic starts to stick.
- Add the tomatoes to the pot. If using canned whole peeled tomatoes, use a potato masher or the back of a large spoon to crush them well. Add 1 tablespoon sugar (more as needed) salt, coriander, cumin, red pepper flakes, cloves, and cinnamon. Cook the tomatoes, stirring frequently, for 10 minutes, or until they're thickening up and very bubbly. Add the broth or water, lower the heat to a simmer, and cook, uncovered, for another 10 minutes.
- Stir in the tahini and use an immersion blender to blend the soup partially, so that some pieces of tomato are still visible but the mixture is thick and resembles a chunky soup (you can also transfer half of the mixture to a standing blender and blend till smooth, then return it to the pot).
- Stir in the chickpeas and vinegar. Cook for another 5 minutes. Taste the stew and adjust seasonings as desired. Serve with a grain of choice and a sprinkle of parsley, if desired.
NIGEL SLATER’S CHICKPEAS AND SPICED TOMATO SAUCE RECIPE
Estimated Reading Time 2 mins
SPICED CHICKPEAS IN A RICH TOMATO SAUCE - ABC EVERYDAY
EASY RECIPE TOMATOEY SPICED CHICKPEAS
EASY CHICKPEA CURRY - HOST THE TOAST
EASY SPICED CHICKPEAS - RUNNING ON REAL FOOD
FALAFEL-SPICED TOMATOES AND CHICKPEAS ON FLATBREAD
EGGS IN TOMATO SAUCE WITH CHICKPEAS & SPINACH - EATINGWELL
BEST CHICKPEA STEW RECIPE - HOW TO MAKE TOMATO CHICKPEA STEW …
EASY CHICKPEA CURRY AND SPICED POTATO BOWL - VEGAN RICHA
COOK THIS: ROAST EGGPLANT WITH SPICED CHICKPEAS AND …
SPICED CHICKPEAS WITH TOMATOES | NEW ZEALAND WOMAN'S WEEKLY …
TOMATOEY SPICED CHICKPEAS | THE FOOD PROCESSOR
You'll also love