TORTE COUNTESS KRASINSKA ( POLISH DESSERT )
This won Best of Show in ethnic foods at the 1990 State Fair of Texas. I'm not really sure what it has to do with Countess Krasinska or what makes it a Polish dessert but a cook in Carrolton, Texas apparently knows something I don't. It appealed to me for an entirely different reason; a chance to use a gadget I picked up, new in the box, at a garage sale. The instructions on said gadget are German but the pictures tell me that this 9" round plastic disk with equally spaced teeth is for punching holes in cake tops. Pretty neat, huh?
Provided by SusieQusie
Yield 8 serving(s)
Number Of Ingredients 16
- Preheat oven to 350ºF. Grease & flour a 9 inch springform pan.
- Cream butter, shortening & 1 cup sugar until light and fluffy. Add eggs & beat well.
- Stir sour cream & water together.
- Sift dry ingredients together & add to butter mixture alternately with sour cream/water dilution, beating well after each addition.
- Stir in dates, nuts & orange peel.
- Pour into prepared pan & bake for 1 hour. Cool 15 minutes.
- While cake is cooling, simmer orange juice with 1 cup sugar until sugar dissolves.
- Remove cake from pan & place on a round serving plate.
- Pierce cake top all over with a handy gadget like mine or use a cake tester or toothpick.
- Pour orange syrup all over the top of the cake, artfully dripping it down sides.
- Serve with unsweetened whipped cream dolloped in the center & piped around edges.
CHEESY CHORIZO STRATA
This recipe won the blue ribbon at the 2009 Texas State Fair. Oprah and Gail voted it the "best of the best".
Provided by BrenRick
Categories < 4 Hours
Yield 4 Ramekins, 4 serving(s)
Number Of Ingredients 11
- Chop green chilies.
- seed and dice jalapeno.
- melt butter.
- Preheat oven to 300.
- Generously grease four 10 ounce ovenproof ramekins.
- Cook and drain chorizo.
- Spread an even amount of chorizo over bottom of each ramekin.
- top with chilies and jalepeno.
- spread half of the cheese cubes evenly among the ramekins.
- top with bread crumbs.
- In a medium bowl, wisk egg, cumin,salt and pepper, followed by milk.
- Drizzle each ramekin with the melted butter.
- Divide the eggs mixture evenly among them.
- Top with remaining cheese.
- Chill at least 2 hours, or overnight.
- Set ramekins in a bath of hot water and bake at 300 for 45-50 mins.till puffed and set.
- Set the ramekins under the broiler for 5-7 minutes to get a nice crispy, cheesy top.
- Serve with your favorite salsa if desired.
We used to eat fried olive bites at the State Fair of Texas but they got dropped due to the supplier not supplying them . I came up with my own version to satisfy our craving. Good as is but we like to dip in a creamy Greek dip. These can be made ahead and frozen. Allow to come to room temp approx 30 minutes before frying.
Provided by PAMELA D.
Yield 20-25 bites (appx), 5-6 serving(s)
Number Of Ingredients 11
- Mix cheeses and spices together till lump free.
- Add olives and gently mix till combined.
- Chill 30 minutes.
- Use a small cookie scoop and portion out filling. (100 disher).
- Drop into bread crumbs to coat and gently roll into balls.
- Place on baking sheet and freeze 20 minutes.
- Dip balls into beaten eggs a few at a time to coat.
- Use a fork to lift balls out of eggs and roll in bread crumbs.
- Freeze for 20 minutes.
- Repeat rolling in eggs and bread crumbs.
- Allow to dry for 15 minutes.
- Fry a few at a time at 350 till deeply browned.
- Drain on paper towels.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 241.2, Fat 10.6, SaturatedFat 4, Cholesterol 87.7, Sodium 923.9, Carbohydrate 26.6, Fiber 2.5, Sugar 2.5, Protein 10
This jelly of mine won first place at the State Fair of Texas, and the recipe was printed in the State Fair cookbook.
Provided by Tobys Foods
Yield 4 8-ounce jars., 64 serving(s)
Number Of Ingredients 4
- Bring juices and sugar to a rolling boil, stirring constantly.
- Stir in liquid pectin.
- Return to a rolling boil.
- Boil hard one minute.
- Remove from heat.
- Skim foam.
- Pour hot into hot jars, leaving 1/4" headspace.
- Wipe rim, place lids and screw bands on fingertip-tight.
- Process in boiling water bath for 5 minutes.
- Remove from BWB to cool undisturbed for 24 hours.
BELGIAN WAFFLES TEXAS STYLE
The State Fair of Texas serves Belian Waffles topped with powdered sugar and fresh sliced strawberries. They are out of this world and have been a State Fair tradition for years. This is my version of those wonderful waffles.
Provided by PaulaG
Yield 12 Waffles
Number Of Ingredients 10
- Sprinkle the yeast over warm milk; stir to dissolve.
- Beat the egg yolks and add to yeast mixture along with vanilla.
- Blend together the flour, salt and sugar; add to liquid ingredients.
- Stir in the melted butter and combine well.
- Beat the egg whites until stiff but not dry.
- Carefully fold beaten egg whites into batter and let the mixture stand in a warm place about 45 minutes or until it doubles in bulk.
- Using approximately 1/2 cup mix per waffle, pour into preheated waffle baker and bake according to manufacturers recommendations.
- Spoon fresh strawberries onto waffles and sprinkle with powdered sugar.
- Serve immediately.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 213.5, Fat 7.3, SaturatedFat 3.9, Cholesterol 77.9, Sodium 175.6, Carbohydrate 30.2, Fiber 1.4, Sugar 7.3, Protein 6.7
More about "torte countess krasinska polish dessert food"
TRADITIONAL POLISH PąCZKI (DOUGHNUTS) …
14 EASY POLISH DESSERTS - INSANELY GOOD
POLISH PAPAL CREAM CAKE (KREMóWKA …
POLISH DESSERTS AND SWEETS — TOP 22 DESSERTS FROM …
POLISH DESSERT RECIPES - THE SPRUCE EATS
HOLIDAY HIDEAWAY'S RECIPE - FOOD.COM
TORTE COUNTESS KRASINSKA POLISH DESSERT FOOD - HOMEANDRECIPE.COM
PLACEK SWIATECZNY - POLISH DESSERT BREAD RECIPE - FOOD.COM
BUSIA'S BEST POLISH DESSERTS | TASTE OF HOME
TORTE COUNTESS KRASINSKA ( POLISH DESSERT ) (KITCHENPC)
POLISH RED CABBAGE (CZERWONA KAPUSTA ZASMAZANA) RECIPE - THE …
POLISH CAKE RECIPE - PANI WALEWSKA - LET THE BAKING BEGIN!
You'll also love
Top Asked Questions
What is a Polish dessert called?This dessert is dished up hot with an addition of juice, fruit, chocolate or toffee icing, or with some nuts and raisins. Some people concoct salted blancmange made from mushrooms or vegetables. Polish dessert faworki also appears under names such as chrust or jaworki.
What is a Pani Walewska cake?This Polish Cake is named after a beautiful noblewoman and a mistress of the Napoleon Bonaparte, or so the story claims. The original Pani Walewska cake is made with all the same things you see in my cake, but with currant jam and almond flakes instead of walnuts.
What is in a Polish cake?Join 11,000+ other food lovers enjoying weekly recipes. This Polish Cake is a combination of soft shortbread cake layers, tart jam, crunchy meringue and roasted walnuts that will have you fall in love with this meringue cake forever. But, if that alone doesn’t do the trick, the thick layer of creamy custard in the middle sure will.
What is Polish Mountain Cream Cake?Polish Mountain Cream Cake Let this Polish mountain cream cake take you on a trip to the terrain of the Polish Highlands. This cake looks like snow-capped mountain peaks, hence its name. With every bite, you’ll be rewarded with a rich and indulgent custard cream.