VANILLA OR CHOCOLATE PUDDING
Rediscover homemade pudding's comforting simplicity, then see how versatile it can be. Choose one or the other, or make them both! Use this basic recipe to create the following flavor variations and desserts: Chai-Cinnamon Pudding, Mocha-Chip Pudding, Rum-Raisin Pudding, Peanut-Butter Chocolate Parfaits, Boston Cream Pie, and Raspberry Napoleons.
Provided by Martha Stewart
Categories Food & Cooking Dessert & Treats Recipes
Number Of Ingredients 8
- Place a fine-mesh sieve over a medium bowl; set aside. In a medium saucepan, off heat, whisk together sugar, cornstarch, and salt. If making chocolate pudding, add cocoa powder. Very gradually (a few tablespoons at a time) whisk in milk, taking care to dissolve cornstarch. Whisk in egg yolks.
- Whisking constantly, cook over medium heat until the first large bubble forms and sputters. Reduce heat to low; still whisking, cook 1 minute. Remove from heat; immediately pour through sieve into bowl. Stir butter and vanilla into hot pudding.
- Place plastic wrap directly on surface of pudding (to prevent skin from forming); chill at least 3 hours and up to 3 days. Before serving, whisk pudding until smooth; divide among four serving dishes.
ANGEL BERRY TRIFLE
I usually serve this berry trifle in summer when fresh berries are bountiful, but I recently prepared it with frozen cherries and light cherry pie filling instead. It was a delicious glimpse of summer-to-come! -Brenda Paine, North Syracuse, New York
Provided by Taste of Home
Yield 14 servings.
Number Of Ingredients 11
- Whisk milk and pudding mix for 2 minutes. Let stand until soft-set, about 2 minutes more. Meanwhile, beat yogurt, cream cheese, sour cream and vanilla until smooth. Fold in pudding mixture and 1 cup whipped topping., Place one-third of cake cubes in a 4-qt. trifle bowl. Top with one-third of pudding mixture, one-third of berries and half of remaining whipped topping. Repeat layers once. Top with remaining cake, pudding and berries. Serve immediately or refrigerate.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 209 calories, Fat 6g fat (5g saturated fat), Cholesterol 10mg cholesterol, Sodium 330mg sodium, Carbohydrate 32g carbohydrate, Fiber 3g fiber), Protein 5g protein.
Super creamy and easy, this classic pudding is great all on its own or can be dressed up with our suggested stir-ins.
Provided by Food Network Kitchen
Yield 6 to 8 servings (about 4 cups)
Number Of Ingredients 7
- Heat 4 cups of the milk in a large saucepan over medium heat until steaming.
- Whisk the sugar, cornstarch and 1/2 teaspoon salt in a large bowl. Whisk in the egg yolks and the remaining 1/2 cup milk.
- Whisk half of the hot milk into the egg mixture until smooth, then gradually whisk the egg-milk mixture into the saucepan. Cook over medium heat, whisking constantly, until the mixture boils. Continue to cook, whisking constantly, until it has thickened to a puddinglike consistency, 3 to 4 minutes. Remove from the heat and stir in the vanilla.
- Cool slightly, stirring a few times to prevent a skin from forming. Place a piece of plastic wrap directly on top of the pudding and refrigerate until completely cooled and thickened, about 4 hours.
- Before serving, whisk the pudding vigorously until smooth and creamy.
- Cookies and Cream: Crush 20 chocolate wafer cookies, stir some into the pudding and top with the rest.
- Fresh Berries and Gingersnaps: Fold in 2 cups of fresh, mixed berries and top with about 12 finely crushed gingersnaps.
- Vanilla-Banana: Fold in 3 sliced bananas. Cover and refrigerate for 1 hour. Fold in 24 crushed vanilla wafer cookies and top with more sliced bananas.
- Rocky Road: Fold in 1 cup each mini marshmallows and toasted chopped walnuts and 1/2 cup of mini chocolate chips. Sprinkle with more chocolate chips.
- Peanut Butter* and Jelly (See Cook's Note): Fold in 1 cup quartered red grapes and 1/3 cup each chopped roasted peanuts and peanut butter chips. Top with whole grapes.
This is so easy and everyone at my office always requests this cake. It's great anytime. You can alternate with white cake mix and pistachio pudding or chocolate cake mix and fudge pudding etc.
Provided by Mary Beth Sharpe
Yield 1 cake
Number Of Ingredients 6
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Grease and flour tube or 10" bundt pan.
- Combine all ingredients in a large bowl.
- Beat at medium speed with electic mixer for 2 minutes.
- Pour into pan and bake for 50 to 60 minutes or until toothpick or knife comes out clean when inserted in the middle.
- Cool in pan for 25 to 30 minutes.
- Invert onto serving plate, cool completely.
People also searched
More about "vanilla pudding cake food"
HEAVEN ON EARTH CAKE - SHUGARY SWEETS
4.9/5 (34)Total Time 15 minsCategory CakeCalories 120 per serving
- In a 13x9 baking dish, lay half of the cake cubes in the bottom of the pan. Spoon 3/4 of the cherry pie filling over the cake.
PERFECT VANILLA PUDDING CAKE RECIPE | CANADIAN …
Servings 6Energy 342 CaloriesCarbohydrate 62 gCategory Dinner
THE BEST OREO DIRT CAKE - JOYFOODSUNSHINE
10 BEST INSTANT VANILLA PUDDING MIX CAKE RECIPES | YUMMLY
NO BAKE OREO VANILLA PUDDING CAKE RECIPE - YUMMIEST …
EASY FRUIT TRIFLE RECIPE - TASTES BETTER FROM SCRATCH
10 BEST VANILLA PUDDING CAKE RECIPES | YUMMLY
PERFECTLY EASY VANILLA PUDDING CAKE - MARGIN MAKING MOM®
4.5/5 (2)Total Time 1 hr 5 minsCategory CakesCalories 303 per serving
FROM-SCRATCH VANILLA PUDDING CAKE - MEL'S KITCHEN CAFE
4.6/5 (101)Total Time 55 minsCategory Cakes/CupcakesPublished Jan 25, 2017
TARYN CAMP I FOOD CREATOR ON INSTAGRAM: "COOKIES & CREAM …
ARGO TOY FOOD PLAYSET BOX (5) 1960S CAKE COOKIE FACTORY PUDDING …
CHERRY VANILLA HEAVEN DESSERT - I AM BAKER
10 BEST VANILLA PUDDING ANGEL FOOD CAKE RECIPES | YUMMLY
HOW TO MAKE A PUDDING POKE CAKE - TASTE OF HOME
CHOCOLATEY POUND CAKE BREAD PUDDING RECIPE ON FOOD52
VANILLA PUDDING BUNDT CAKE | COFFEE WITH US 3
VANILLA PUDDING CAKE - BAKE OR BREAK
RIDICULOUS VANILLA CAKE | CAKE MIX RECIPE | COOKIES AND CUPS
NO BAKE VANILLA PUDDING CAKE | FOODTALK
Are you curently on diet or you just want to control your food's nutritions, ingredients? We will help you find recipes by cooking method, nutrition, ingredients...Check it out »
You'll also love