VEGAN PUMPKIN CAKE
Make and share this Vegan Pumpkin Cake recipe from Food.com.
Provided by Ex-Pat Mama
Yield 16 serving(s)
Number Of Ingredients 13
- Preheat oven to 375°F.
- Grease an 8x8 baking pan. Line the bottom with parchment paper.
- Place sugar, oil, syrup and vanilla in a large mixing bowl. Whisk until sugar is dissolved.
- In a separate bowl, sift together the flour, spices and salt.
- In small alternating portions, add the flour mixture and pumpkin to the liquid ingredients. Begin and end with the flour mixture.
- Spread the batter into the prepared pan.
- Bake 55 minutes to an hour.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 218.4, Fat 7.1, SaturatedFat 1, Sodium 180.1, Carbohydrate 37.1, Fiber 0.8, Sugar 19.8, Protein 2.3
VEGAN PUMPKIN WALNUT CAKE
Make and share this Vegan Pumpkin Walnut Cake recipe from Food.com.
Provided by SaveACow
Yield 1 9 inch cake, 9 serving(s)
Number Of Ingredients 14
- Position a rack in the center of the oven. Preheat to 350°F Grease and flour inside of a 9 inch square baking pan.
- Sift together the flour, baking soda, cinnamon, ginger, nutmet, and salt into a bowl. Whisk to combine well, and set aside.
- In the bowl of an electric mixer with the whisk attachment, beat egg replacer and sugars at low speed about 2 minutes until pale. Add oil, pumpkin, milk, and vanilla and mix until blended.
- Add flour mixture at low speed in three additions, mixing just until blended. Remove bowl from mixer and stir in walnuts. Pour into pan and smooth top.
- Bake for 30 minutes, until a toothpick inserted in center comes out clean. Cool cake in pan on a wire rack.
- To serve, cut into squares; may frost with vanilla frosting if desired.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 412.5, Fat 18.9, SaturatedFat 2.2, Sodium 279.9, Carbohydrate 58.6, Fiber 1.4, Sugar 35.4, Protein 4.1
VEGAN PUMPKIN WALNUT CAKE - THERMOMIX VERSION
Make and share this Vegan Pumpkin Walnut Cake - Thermomix Version recipe from Food.com.
Provided by Ex-Pat Mama
Yield 16 serving(s)
Number Of Ingredients 15
- Preheat oven to 350°F or 180°C Grease and flour a 9in square cake pan.
- Mix butter and sugars 10 seconds/speed 4 - or until combined.
- Add the egg replacer, soy milk, vanilla and pumpkin. Mix 10 seconds/speed 5. Scrape down. Mix 10 seconds/speed 5 again.
- Add the flour, baking soda, salt, cinnamon, ginger, nutmeg and cloves. Mix 10 seconds/speed 5. Scrape down. Mix 10 seconds/speed 5 again.
- Add the walnuts and stir in by hand - the Tmix will pulverize them!
- Spoon mixture into the prepared pan. Bake for 30-35 minutes, or until a cake tester comes out clean.
Every spring, Annabelle Lenderick of La Tercera Farm in Marin County sows seeds for a particular kind of pumpkin specifically for this cake of ours. Throughout the summer, it delights me to think about my pumpkins, called Galeux d'Eysines, growing in their special plot of land in Bolinas, at the very tip of the San Andreas fault. This variety of pumpkin is not known for the beauty of its outer skin, which is covered in warts and bumps. Indeed, the first year Annabelle grew the Galeux, at the end of the market she had plenty leftover that did not sell. I took them back to the bakery and discovered just how gorgeous this pumpkin is for baking. The flavor is subtle and earthy, with a high water content that gives the cake a light and delicate crumb, distinguishing it from the average pumpkin loaf, which is often dense as a brick. You can make a puree from any variety of small sugar pumpkins or use canned pumpkin; stir in 1/4 cup water to loosen the puree. This cake can also be made in two 8-by-4-inch loaf pans. It is delicious glazed with chocolate ganache.
Provided by Food Network
Yield Makes one 10-inch bundt cake
Number Of Ingredients 12
- Liberally butter a 10-inch bundt pan and dust with flour. Tap out the excess flour. Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F. Sift together the flour, baking soda, cinnamon, nutmeg, cloves, and salt into a bowl and set aside. In the bowl of a stand mixer fitted with the whisk attachment, combine the eggs and sugar and whisk on medium speed until well combined and lightened in color, about 2 minutes. Reduce the speed to low, slowly drizzle in the oil, and whisk until combined, then whisk on high speed for 1 minute to emulsify. Switch to the paddle attachment. Add the pumpkin puree to the egg mixture and mix on medium speed just until combined. Add the dry ingredients in 3 additions, mixing just until combined after each addition, approximately 5 seconds each time. Remove the bowl from the mixer and scrape down the sides with a rubber spatula. Fold in the walnuts by hand. Pour the batter into the prepared pan. Bake until the cake springs back when touched and a tester inserted in the center comes out clean, 40 to 50 minutes. Transfer to wire racks and cool in the pan for 10 minutes. Run an offset spatula around the edges of the pans, then invert the cakes onto the racks and let cool for about 20 minutes longer. Serve right away, or wrap tightly in plastic wrap and refrigerate until you are ready to serve and up to 3 days. To freeze, wrap tightly in a second layer of plastic wrap and store in the freezer for up to 2 months. Serve at room temperature. Note: To make your own pumpkin puree, preheat the oven to 400 degrees F. Scrub a small (about 4 pounds) sugar pumpkin well and wipe dry. Cut the pumpkin in half and place the halves, flesh-side down, on a greased cookie sheet and bake until very soft, about 1 hour. Let the pumpkin cool. Scrape out the seeds and stringy fibers and discard. Scoop out the flesh of the pumpkin and process until smooth in a food processor or pass through a food mill to make a puree. Makes about 2 1/2 cups puree.
- Chocolate Ganache: We make 20 gallons of chocolate ganache every week at Miette as it is used in or on many of the things we make. Miette's recipe for this exquisite, velvety ganache is based on a recipe by Robert Linxe in the cookbook from La Maison du Chocolat in Paris, La Maison du Chocolat: Transcendent Desserts by the Legendary Chocolatier, which is why we call it the "MDC" in the bakery. We use chocolate with 62 percent cacao. Guittard and Scharffen Berger are our preferred brands, but feel free to try any chocolate to your taste. Makes about 3 cups 10 ounces 62 percent cacao chocolate, chopped 2/3 cup (2 1/2 ounces) sifted powdered sugar 3/4 cup plus 1 tablespoon heavy cream 2 large egg yolks 3 tablespoons unsalted butter, at room temperature Combine the chocolate and powdered sugar in a heatproof bowl. In a saucepan over medium heat, bring the cream to a gentle simmer. Pour the hot cream over the chocolate and stir until the sugar is dissolved. Nest the bowl over a pan of simmering water to make a bain-marie. Heat, stirring, until all of the chocolate is melted and the mixture is smooth. Remove the bowl from the heat. Whisk the egg yolks together in a small heatproof bowl. Pour about 1/2 cup of the melted chocolate mixture into the yolks while whisking, to temper them. Pour the tempered mixture back into the pan of chocolate and whisk to combine. Add the butter and stir until smooth. Pour the hot ganache through a fine-mesh sieve into a clean heatproof bowl. Use the ganache immediately, or transfer to an airtight container and refrigerate for up to 2 weeks. Ganache does not freeze well. Next, microwave on 50 percent power for 10-second intervals, stirring between each, until the ganache reaches the desired consistency. You will usually need to add 1 or 2 tablespoons of hot water to loosen a cold ganache. For a glossy shine, it needs to return to the mixer for beating. For more specific instructions, see individual recipes.
PUMPKIN WALNUT CAKE
Rich, Moist and Delicious fall pumpkin cake. Try it thinly sliced with sauted apples and whipped cream. from Canadian Living mag.
Provided by Derf2440
Yield 16 serving(s)
Number Of Ingredients 20
- Grease bottom and side of 10 inch tube pan with removable bottom and tube; line bottom with parchment paper.
- Set aside.
- In bowl, beat butter with sugar until fluffy.
- Beat in eggs, one at a time, beating well after eaach addition.
- Beat in vanilla.
- In a separate bowl, whisk tobether flour, baking powder, salt, nutmeg, cinnamon, ginger, cardamon, cloves and baking soda.
- Stir in walnuts.
- Alternately stir flour mixture and pumpkin puree into butter mixture making 3 additions of flour mixture and 2 pumpkin puree.
- Scrape batter into prepared pan.
- Streusel: In small bowl, stir together, flour, sugar and cinnamon.
- Using pastry blender or 2 knives, cut in butter until mixture clumps together.
- Stir in walnuts.
- Sprinkle over batter in pan.
- Bake in centre of 325f degree oven until streusel is golden bown and cake tester inserted in centre comes oout clean, about 1 3/4 hours.
- Let cool in pan on rack for 15 minutes.
- Loosen side of cake with knife; holding onto centre tube, lift cake from pan.
- Let cool completely on rack.
- Run knife around tube.
- Using wide spatulas, gently lift out cake and peel off paper.
- Note: Wrap the cake in plastic wrap and store at room temperature for up to one week.
- Or overwrap in heavy duty foil and freeze for up to 2 weeks.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 467.4, Fat 20.8, SaturatedFat 10, Cholesterol 91, Sodium 348.6, Carbohydrate 66.7, Fiber 1.5, Sugar 43.9, Protein 5.8
VEGAN APPLE WALNUT CAKE
This is probably one of our favorite deserts! It's a good vegan comfort food. We got it from a friend and altered it to perfection.
Provided by Enjolinfam
Yield 16 serving(s)
Number Of Ingredients 12
- Chop walnuts and dice apples.
- Preheat the oven to 350°F In a large bowl, combine the oil, sugar, egg substitute, and vanilla.
- In a separate bowl, sift the flour, baking soda, and salt.
- Add this to the oil-and-sugar mixture and stir by hand, approximately 200 strokes, until it is thoroughly mixed.
- Fold in the walnuts and diced apples. The batter will be a little stiff.
- Pour it into a greased and floured 10-inch tube or Bundt pan or use two bread pans.
- Bake the cake at 350°F for 1 hour and 15 minutes.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 425.8, Fat 25.6, SaturatedFat 3.2, Sodium 264.7, Carbohydrate 46.7, Fiber 2.7, Sugar 28, Protein 3.9
More about "vegan pumpkin walnut cake thermomix version food"
PERFECT VEGAN PUMPKIN BREAD - EATPLANT-BASED
Reviews 13Calories 179 per servingCategory Desserts
- Next, select a loaf baking pan approximately 9″x5″ but it doesn’t have to be exactly that size. If using a glass or metal pan, you will need to line it with parchment paper to prevent sticking. Another option is to use a nonstick silicone loaf baking pan. When using these silicone pans, always place a baking sheet beneath it before baking to add support.
- Make a flax egg. Flax eggs are very easy to make by whisking together 1 tablespoonful of flax meal and 3 tablespoons of warm water. Once it is allowed to sit for a few minutes after frothing, it gels-up a bit like an eggwhite and is ready to use.
- In a large bowl, whisk together the flours, brown sugar, cinnamon, baking soda, nutmeg, baking powder, and salt.
VEGAN PUMPKIN CAKE - LOVING IT VEGAN
5/5 (65)Total Time 45 minsCategory Cakes, DessertsCalories 501 per serving
- Preheat the oven to 350°F (180°C). Spray two 7 inch cake pans (*see notes) with non-stick spray and cut out circles of parchment paper line the bottoms.
- Sift the flour into a mixing bowl and add the sugar, baking soda, baking powder, salt, cinnamon, nutmeg, ginger and cloves.
- Prepare your flax egg by adding 1 Tbsp ground flaxseed meal to a bowl and then adding in 3 Tbsp of Hot Water and allowing to sit for a minute to become gloopy.
- Add the flax egg, pumpkin purée, vanilla, oil and vinegar to the mixing bowl and mix into a batter. Don't overmix.
VEGAN PUMPKIN SPICE CAKE • IT DOESN'T TASTE LIKE CHICKEN
38 EASY PLANT-BASED PUMPKIN RECIPES - MINIMALIST BAKER
NO-BAKE VEGAN PUMPKIN CHEESECAKE WITH A WALNUT …
DAIRY-FREE PUMPKIN SPICE WALNUT CAKE - HEALTHY HELPER
VEGAN PUMPKIN CRUNCH CAKE RECIPE • VEGGIE SOCIETY
Reviews 3Category DessertCuisine AmericanTotal Time 1 hr 5 mins
PUMPKIN, CHOCOLATE, WALNUT COFFEE CAKE WITH WARM TOFFEE SAUCE
VEGAN PUMPKIN CAKE - THE ALMOND EATER
VEGAN GLUTEN FREE PUMPKIN CAKE | MINIMALIST BAKER RECIPES
10 BEST VEGAN PUMPKIN CAKE RECIPES | YUMMLY
PUMPKIN WALNUT CAKE RECIPE - FOOD.COM
VEGAN WALNUT SPICE CAKE RECIPE - FOOD.COM
VEGAN WAFFLE BATTER - MADE IN THE THERMOMIX RECIPE - FOOD.COM
VEGAN PUMPKIN WALNUT LOAF WITH SPICED BUTTERCREAM - VITASAVE
Are you curently on diet or you just want to control your food's nutritions, ingredients? We will help you find recipes by cooking method, nutrition, ingredients...Check it out »
You'll also love