VEGETABLE DUMPLING SOUP RECIPE BY TASTY
Here's what you need: flour, baking powder, salt, olive oil, warm water, onion, carrots, garlic, dried dill, dried sage, dried thyme, pepper, potato, vegetable broth, bay leaf, fresh parsley
Provided by Rachel Gaewski
Yield 6 servings
Number Of Ingredients 16
- In a small mixing bowl, combine flour, baking powder, and salt with a spatula. Form a well in the middle of the dry mixture and add 2 tablespoons olive oil and warm water. Mix until dough forms in to a sticky ball. Cover with a dish towel and set aside.
- In large pot or Dutch oven, add the olive oil over medium heat. Once the oil begins to shimmer, add the onion and carrot and cook for about 4-5 minutes, or until the onions are semi-translucent.
- Add in the garlic, dill, sage, thyme, and pepper, and cook for 2-3 more minutes until herbs are fragrant.
- Stir in potatoes, vegetable broth, and bay leaves, and bring to a boil. 5. Reduce heat to medium-high and simmer about 8 minutes or until potatoes are about 75 percent cooked through.
- Carefully drop in dollops of the dumpling dough, about 1 inch (2-cm) in diameter.
- Let dumplings simmer for about 10 minutes, or until chewy and cooked through.
- To serve, garnish with lots of fresh parsley.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 1034 calories, Carbohydrate 84 grams, Fat 70 grams, Fiber 3 grams, Protein 4 grams, Sugar 17 grams
VEGGIE DUMPLING SOUP (VEGAN)
This is a WONDERFUL hearty meal, for a sick person especially; the veggie version of chicken noodle soup. Great winter soup meal. You could always do the stock in the crock pot, transfer it to the stove, and make the dumplings when you are about ready to eat. But know that the veggies will get super soft this way. If you use eggs and prefer, sub 1/2 cup water with 2 beaten eggs. This will cut the dumpling cooking time to 20 minutes at most altitudes.
Provided by bekajoi
Categories Clear Soup
Yield 12-14 cups soup, 6-8 serving(s)
Number Of Ingredients 17
- Heat oil; add onion, leek, bay leaf, thyme, and parsley.
- Cook on a low setting for 10 to 12 minutes until soft and translucent.
- Bring up the heat to medium or medium-high.
- Add the carrots, celery, and garlic.
- Stir occasionally until carrots are done or mostly done, 10 minutes or so. When vegetables are cooked, stir in the nutritional yeast flakes; they will get creamy with the veggies and oil.
- Add 8 cups water (2 quarts), and salt.
- Cover and bring to a boil.
- While water is coming up to a boil (it will do so quickly!) put the dumplings together.
- Mix wet in one bowl, dry in another. Pour wet into dry and combine until a heavy dough forms.
- Knead on lightly floured surface for 1 minute. If dough is sticky add a bit more flour until it is fairly dry.
- Let dough rest 5 minutes.
- Roll out to 1/8" thickness and cut into 2 x 1" strips (or whatever size you find easy to work with though they'll take a lot longer to cook if they are bigger).
- Drop into boiling broth; cover and simmer 20 to 35 minutes.
- The non-egg version needed to cook longer than my original version, but I'm also high altitude. Taste for doneness. They'll seem mealy if they're not done yet. When done they are sort of like thick noodles or a biscuit or something. Yummy and hearty. If in doubt, let them cook another 5 minutes and taste again.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 318.6, Fat 14.9, SaturatedFat 1.1, Sodium 440.9, Carbohydrate 40.8, Fiber 3, Sugar 3.3, Protein 5.9
People also searched
More about "veggie dumpling soup vegan food"
VEGETABLE SOUP WITH VEGAN DUMPLINGS | IMPACT MAGAZINE
Author Maria Koutsogiannis
VEGAN DUMPLINGS AND VEGETABLE SOUP | FOODBYMARIA …
Ratings 38Calories 316 per servingCategory Soup
VEGAN VEGETABLE AND DUMPLING SOUP - VERY VEGAN …
VEGETABLE DUMPLING SOUP - DON'T SWEAT THE RECIPE
EASY VEGAN VEGETABLE AND DUMPLING SOUP - THE …
ASIAN VEGETABLE SOUP WITH DUMPLINGS (VEGAN) - BIANCA …
VEGETARIAN CHICKEN AND DUMPLINGS SOUP RECIPE
VEGAN "CHICKEN" AND DUMPLING SOUP RECIPE - FOOD.COM
VEGGIE DUMPLING SOUP (VEGAN) RECIPE - FOOD.COM | RECIPE
VEGAN DUMPLING SOUP RECIPE (DAIRY FREE, GLUTEN FREE OPTION)
DUMPLING SOUP VEGETARIAN RECIPES ALL YOU NEED IS FOOD
VEGETABLE DUMPLING SOUP (GLUTEN-FREE, DAIRY-FREE, VEGAN)
VEGAN DUMPLING SOUP RECIPES ALL YOU NEED IS FOOD
10 BEST VEGETARIAN DUMPLING SOUP RECIPES | YUMMLY
VEGGIE SOUP WITH VEGAN DUMPLINGS - HAMAMA
VEGAN VEGETABLE AND DUMPLING SOUP - HOW TO VEGAN
VEGETABLE DUMPLING SOUP - HOT FOR FOOD BY LAUREN TOYOTA
You'll also love
Top Asked Questions
Is vegetable and dumpling soup vegan?You will love this Vegan Vegetable And Dumpling Soup. It’s a unique take on the standard soup recipe that isn’t vegan. It’s been made into a delicious vegan soup recipe that’s even better than the original. It’s tasty, fresh, and healthy. Fall means holiday recipes and cooler weather.
How to cook carrots and dumplings for Soup?Add bay leaves, black pepper, garlic and dried dill. Stir and saute for about 2 minutes. Add the vegetable stock and salt, cover and bring to a boil, cook until the carrots are slightly tender about 10 minutes. Add the dumplings a teaspoon at a time by carefully sliding them into the boiling soup.
What to make with dumpling dough?It screams vegetarian comfort food! Prepare the dumpling dough by combining the flour with salt, add water and stir. Add oil and stir again. Set aside until the soup is ready. Heat a thick-bottomed pot. Add oil and chopped onions. Saute for about 2-3 minutes. Add carrots and celery, and saute for about 5 minutes.
How to make vegetable soup at home?Start to make the Vegetable Soup by heating the sesame oil in a soup pot or dutch oven. Add the garlic and ginger and sauté for 30 seconds. Then add the celery, green onions, and smoked tofu bites and continue to sauté for 3-4 minutes, stirring occasionally. Next add the carrots, soy sauce, chili, and veggie broth.