CRISPY PAN-FRIED PORK CHOPS
Coat pork chops with breadcrumbs and herbs and then crisp them to perfection in a skillet.
Provided by Food Network Kitchen
Yield 4 servings
Number Of Ingredients 10
- Put the flour in a shallow dish. Break the eggs into another shallow bowl and whisk with 1 teaspoon salt and a few grinds of pepper. Mix the breadcrumbs with the oregano and thyme in a third shallow bowl.
- Dredge a pork chop in the flour, shaking off the excess, dip it into the eggs and then coat evenly with the breadcrumbs. Set aside on a piece of wax paper or baking sheet. Repeat with the remaining pork chops.
- Heat a large skillet over medium heat with enough oil to come halfway up the sides of the chops (about 1/4 cup). When the oil shimmers, add the chops and fry until golden brown and crispy, 3 to 4 minutes on each side. Drain on paper towels briefly. Serve hot with cooked spinach and lemon wedges.
BREADED BAKED PORK CHOPS
This is a great, basic recipe for breaded baked pork chops. Feel free to experiment with different seasonings and breading. We just did a batch using honey-wheat bread crumbs which gave a slightly sweet taste that balanced our chosen Cajun seasoning.
Provided by Weez
Categories Main Dish Recipes Pork Pork Chop Recipes Baked
Number Of Ingredients 8
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C).
- Season pork chops with garlic powder and seasoning salt. Dredge chops in flour; shake off excess. Dip into beaten egg. Lift up so excess egg drips back in the bowl. Press into bread crumbs to coat both sides. Place the breaded chops, unstacked, onto a plate.
- Heat oil in a skillet over medium-heat. Cook pork chops in hot oil until breading appears well browned, about 5 minutes per side. Transfer pork chops to a 9x13-inch baking dish and cover with aluminum foil.
- Bake in the preheated oven until pork chops are cooked through, 60 to 90 minutes. An instant-read thermometer inserted into the center should read 145 degrees F (63 degrees C).
Nutrition Facts : Calories 450.7 calories, Carbohydrate 30.5 g, Cholesterol 127.2 mg, Fat 20.9 g, Fiber 1.8 g, Protein 33 g, SaturatedFat 5 g, Sodium 496.5 mg, Sugar 2.5 g
CANADIAN PORK LOIN CHOPS
I came up with this recipe as I love maple and mustard. We wanted to add more flavor and not dry out the boneless loin chops. Spice rub marinade, lightly breaded with a maple-mustard glaze, and cooked in garlic-flavored oil - a great Canadian recipe! This is also great on the BBQ. Perfect with roasted potatoes and a coleslaw.
Provided by WestCoastMom
Categories Main Dish Recipes Pork Pork Chop Recipes Pan Fried
Number Of Ingredients 19
- Whisk brown sugar, sea salt, 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder, onion powder, 1/2 teaspoon paprika, 1/4 teaspoon black pepper, dry mustard, and fennel seeds together in a small bowl.
- Pat pork loin chops dry with a paper towel. Score the meat on both sides, 1/8-inch deep in cross-hatch lines spaced 1/2-inch apart, with a sharp knife; rub spice mixture onto all sides of pork chops and into scored lines. Cover chops; refrigerate for 4 to 6 hours.
- Whisk maple syrup, brown mustard, pinch of garlic powder, pinch of paprika, pinch of black pepper, and cayenne pepper together in a small bowl; set aside.
- Coat pork chops on all sides with seasoned bread crumbs.
- Heat olive oil and canola oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat. Stir garlic into pan, and cook until lightly browned and fragrant, about 1 minute; remove garlic from pan and discard.
- Place pork chops into skillet in batches to avoid crowding; cook chops until lightly browned, 2 to 3 minutes per side. Return all pork chops to skillet; reduce heat to medium. Drizzle half the maple syrup mixture over pork chops. Turn chops and cook until glazed, 1 to 2 minutes. Drizzle remaining maple syrup mixture over pork chops; turn and cook until glazed, 1 to 2 minutes.
- Reduce heat to low; cover pork chops and cook until slightly pink in the center, about 5 minutes. An instant-read thermometer inserted into the center should read at least 145 degrees F (63 degrees C).
Nutrition Facts : Calories 343.6 calories, Carbohydrate 20.3 g, Cholesterol 63.1 mg, Fat 17.6 g, Fiber 0.8 g, Protein 25.4 g, SaturatedFat 5 g, Sodium 727.9 mg, Sugar 11.9 g
CRISPY BREADED PORK CHOPS
With a salty, flavorful crust and juicy, tender meat in the center, these crispy breaded pork chops remind me of my grandmother's... so simple, yet so delicious! The perfect comfort meal when served with mashed potatoes and green beans.
Provided by NicoleMcmom
Number Of Ingredients 8
- Preheat the oven to 375 degrees F (190 degrees C). Lightly coat a wire rack with cooking spray and set in a rimmed baking sheet.
- Whisk eggs and water together in a shallow dish. Place bread crumbs in a second shallow dish.
- Season pork chops evenly with salt and pepper. Dip and coat chops in egg, allow excess to drip off, then dip in bread crumbs until well coated.
- Heat 1/2 of the oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat. Place 2 chops in the skillet and cook until golden and crisp, about 2 minutes. Flip and cook until crisp on the other side, 1 to 2 minutes more. Transfer to the prepared rack. Heat remaining oil in the skillet and repeat to sear remaining chops.
- Bake pork chops in preheated oven until no longer pink in the center, 10 to 15 minutes. An instant-read thermometer inserted into the center should read 155 degrees F (68 degrees C).
Nutrition Facts : Calories 386.6 calories, Carbohydrate 21.1 g, Cholesterol 134.2 mg, Fat 22.8 g, Fiber 1.6 g, Protein 23.4 g, SaturatedFat 4.8 g, Sodium 1318.7 mg, Sugar 1.9 g
BREADED PORK CHOPS WITH VINEGAR - CHULETAS CON VINAGRE
Provided by Daisy Martinez
Yield 6 to 8 servings
Number Of Ingredients 15
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees F.
- Pat the pork chops dry with paper towels. Season both sides generously with salt and pepper. Beat the eggs in a shallow bowl until foamy. Spread the flour and bread crumbs out in 2 separate shallow bowls. Dredge a chop in the flour to coat all sides. Tap off any excess flour. Coat the chop with egg and let it drain for a second or so over the bowl. Lay it in the bread crumbs and turn a couple of times, patting the crumbs onto the chop to adhere. Set the chop on a baking sheet and repeat with the remaining chops.
- Pour 1/2-inch of canola oil into a large, wide skillet. Heat over medium heat until the tip of the handle of a wooden spoon gives off a lively sizzle (about 375 degrees F). Add half the pork chops to the oil and cook, turning once, until golden brown on both sides, about 4 minutes. Transfer to an 11 by 15-inch baking dish or any baking dish that holds all the chops snugly, overlapping them along 1 side of the pan. Repeat with the remaining chops.
- Spoon as much of the onions and peppers from the vinegar as you like (about 1/2 cup works for me) over the chops. Drizzle vinegar over the chops and bake until no trace of pink remains near the bone, about 25 minutes. Serve right away.
- Cut the tops off the pineapples and discard. With a large knife, cut the rind off the pineapples leaving as little pineapple attached as possible. Put the rinds in a pot large enough to hold them comfortably and pour in enough water to cover. Bring to a boil over low to medium heat and cook until the pineapple peel is very tender, about 30 minutes. Add water, if necessary, to keep the rinds submerged.
- Meanwhile, put the onions, oregano, peppercorns, garlic, habanero or other chile pepper, vinegar, and salt in a large jar with a tight-fitting lid.
- Strain the pineapple liquid into the jar. If there is not enough liquid to cover the ingredients, add more water to the pineapple and boil for 20 minutes. Taste and add a little more salt and/or a little vinegar, if you think it needs it. You can use it as soon as it cools, but it will get better as it sits.
PAN-FRIED BREADED PORK CHOPS
Look for beautiful good-quality pork, such as Berkshire, and ask for center-cut loin chops with bone. For the bread crumbs, use day-old firm white sandwich bread or French loaf, cubed and whirled in a food processor, for about three cups of soft, fluffy crumbs. Dry, fine store-bought crumbs will not yield the same result. Make sure to fry these chops very gently over medium-high heat, to allow the bread-crumb coating to brown slowly, creating a crisp, golden crust. Serve with a tart salad or braised greens, such as broccoli rabe.
Provided by David Tanis
Categories meat, steaks and chops, main course
Yield 4 servings
Number Of Ingredients 9
- Lay pork chops on a baking sheet, and season well on both sides with salt and pepper.
- Combine eggs and milk in a low, flat bowl. Season with salt, pepper and the small pinch of cayenne.
- Sprinkle flour generously over the chops on both sides, then shake off excess.
- Submerge the floured chops in the egg mixture, and turn them over several times to coat well. Leave chops in egg mixture for 5 minutes.
- Use your left hand to remove a chop from the batter and drain off excess liquid. Place chop on a baking sheet and, with your right hand, heavily sprinkle with bread crumbs on both sides. Repeat with remaining chops.
- Sprinkle each chop again with crumbs, patting with your hand to make sure crumbs adhere and coat well. Refrigerate, uncovered, until ready to fry.
- Set a wide cast-iron or other heavy skillet over medium-high heat. Add clarified butter to a depth of 1/2 inch. When butter is hot, lay in the chops without crowding, and let them fry very gently, about 4 to 5 minutes per side, until beautifully golden brown. (Turn down heat if they seem to be browning too fast.) If your pan is small, cook in 2 batches and keep finished chops warm in a 250-degree oven.
- Blot cooked chops on paper towels. Transfer to a warm platter or individual plates. Serve with lemon wedges.
BREADED PORK CHOPS
This recipe is a little different from others in that it uses worcestershire sauce in the egg mix. We love how it gives the chops a little extra "zing." We usually have this with a green vegetable and potatoes. I've also listed a variation of this recipe to make a cheese-topped pork chop. Note: If you're making the chops without cheese, you might want to try learninscratch's directions for a delicious orange sauce -- they can be found in her review.
Provided by TasteTester
Yield 4 serving(s)
Number Of Ingredients 10
- In small bowl, combine flour, salt, paprika and pepper; mix well. In another small bowl, combine egg and worcestershire sauce. Coat pork chops with seasoned flour; dip in egg mixture and coat with crumbs.
- In large skillet, heat oil over medium-high heat until hot. Add chops; cook until browned on both sides. Reduce heat to medium; cook 5-7 minutes or until pork is no longer pink in center.
- For oven-baked pork chops: Prepare as directed above. Place in a shallow baking pan that has been sprayed with a cooking oil such as Pam. Bake at 425 degrees F. for 30-35 minutes or until no longer pink in center.
- To make a cheese-topped pork chop: Decrease bread crumbs to 1/4 cup. Mix crumbs with 1/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese. When chops are thoroughly cooked, top each with a slice of mozzarella cheese and tomato slice. Cover; heat until tomato is hot and cheese begins to melt.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 407.1, Fat 21.3, SaturatedFat 5.9, Cholesterol 170.4, Sodium 460.8, Carbohydrate 8.3, Fiber 0.5, Sugar 0.7, Protein 42.8
VERNORS BUNDT CAKE WITH VERNORS GLAZE
Posted in celebration of Vernors Ginger Ale's 150 anniversary Correction: Forgot butter in list of ingredients....1 cup unsalted, room temp
Provided by SweetSueAl
Yield 16 serving(s)
Number Of Ingredients 14
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Lightly grease a 10-inch tube or 12-cup Bundt pan.
- In a large bowl, cream together butter and sugars. Blend in eggs, vanilla and rum extract. Add Vernors.
- In another large bowl toss together flour, salt, baking powder, baking soda, cinnamon, ginger, nutmeg and cloves.
- Add to the creamed mixture and mix well.
- Spoon into prepared pan. Bake until the cake springs back when lightly pressed (45 minutes for sheet pan and 60 minutes for the tube or Bundt pan).
- Cool for 5 minutes before removing from pan. Cool thoroughly on a rack. Dust with confectioners' sugar. The (9-by-13-inch) cake may be served from the pan.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 352.7, Fat 13.2, SaturatedFat 7.9, Cholesterol 77, Sodium 295.8, Carbohydrate 55.1, Fiber 1.7, Sugar 32.9, Protein 4.6
People also searched
More about "vernors breaded pork loin chops food"
BREADED PORK CHOPS IN 30 MINUTES - 101 COOKING FOR TWO
4.7/5 (65)Total Time 22 minsCategory Main DishCalories 344 per serving
- Prepare two trays. First, with one egg whipped with a teaspoon of water. Second, with 1/4 cup of Panko Bread Crumbs, 1/4 cup flour, 1 1/2 teaspoon seasoning salt (Lawry's is my choice), and 1/4 teaspoon black pepper.≈
- Dip a pork chop in the egg mixture. Be sure to cover all surfaces. Remove with a fork and allow to drain for a moment.
CRISPY BREADED PORK CHOPS (BAKED) - SPEND WITH PENNIES
5/5 (291)Total Time 26 minsCategory Main CourseCalories 325 per serving
- In a shallow bowl combine bread crumbs, Parmesan cheese, garlic powder, and salt and black pepper.
- Season flour on a shallow plate with salt to taste. In another shallow bowl add the whisked egg.
- Dab the pork chops dry with a paper towel and lightly dredge in flour. Dip the pork chop into the egg, making sure to coat all sides. Dip the pork chop into the bread crumb mixture.
HERB CRUSTED BREADED PORK CHOPS RECIPE | ONTARIO PORK
JUICY BAKED BREADED PORK CHOPS RECIPE | ALL THINGS …
PAN SEARED PORK CHOPS (CAST IRON SKILLET) - WHOLESOME YUM
OVEN BAKED PORK CHOPS RECIPE | BBC GOOD FOOD
HOW TO BAKE PORK CHOPS | COOKING SCHOOL | FOOD NETWORK
10 BEST BAKED BREADED PORK LOIN CHOPS RECIPES | YUMMLY
VERNORS BREADED PORK LOIN CHOPS RECIPES - DAMNDELICIOU.COM
HOW TO COOK PORK CHOPS ON THE STOVE - FOOD NETWORK
BEST VERNORS BREADED PORK LOIN CHOPS RECIPES
VERNORS - WIKIPEDIA
6 JUICY PORK CHOP RECIPES READY IN UNDER 40 MINUTES - FOOD …
Are you curently on diet or you just want to control your food's nutritions, ingredients? We will help you find recipes by cooking method, nutrition, ingredients...Check it out »
You'll also love