WHIPPED MINTED YOGHURT
An extremely versatile yoghurt that goes well with any fruit, from putted fruits to berries. Discovered this in Donna Hay's "Flavours" cookbook
Provided by KitchenManiac
Categories Frozen Desserts
Yield 4 serving(s)
Number Of Ingredients 5
- Place sugar, mint and water in a saucepan over low heat, stirring till the sugar has dissolved.
- Allow it to simmer for another 4 minutes, then let it stand for 5 minutes.
- Strain and cool the mixture.
- Place the yoghurt, cream and mint syrup in the bowl of a mixer, and beat till light and creamy.
- Serve the minted yoghurt with fresh fruit for breakfast or dessert.
- Garnish with a couple of extra mint leaves.
VANILLA POACHED PEACHES WITH WHIPPED MINTED YOGURT
Provided by Food Network
Yield about 6 to 8 servings
Number Of Ingredients 11
- Make the peaches: Place the water, sugar, and vanilla bean in a medium saucepan. Stir over medium heat until the sugar has dissolved. Once the sugar has dissolved, remove the vanilla bean and scrape the inside of the bean into the liquid. Add as many peaches to the pan as it will hold without piling or crowding, and poach over a low simmer for about 8 minutes or until the fruit is soft. Remove the peaches and finish poaching the remainder of the fruits. When done, place the peaches in a glass baking dish, cut side down. Pour the vanilla syrup over the peaches, and refrigerate until chilled, for up to 8 hours.
- For the yogurt: Place the water and sugar in a small saucepan, stir and simmer until sugar is dissolved. Add the mint leaves and simmer for 2 minutes, remove from heat, cover and let stand for 5 minutes. Strain and chill the syrup.
- In a bowl, whip the syrup and cream with a hand-held mixer until stiff. In another bowl, whip the yogurt until smooth and fold it into the cream mixture.
- To serve the peaches: Place 2 peach halves in a shallow bowl, and dollop with some of the minted yogurt cream. Garnish with fresh mint sprigs and raspberries.
A quick easy way of making yoghurt and getting some extra use out of that Thermos! Cook time = rest time.
Provided by Missy Wombat
Yield 1 Thermos
Number Of Ingredients 2
- Preheat a heatproof dish and a well fitting lid, or thermos flask with boiling water.
- Heat milk to blood heat 37C/ 98F.
- Put yoghurt into a basin, add a little of the warm milk, stir well and then pour the yoghurt into the pan of milk.
- Stir well, then pour into the warmed dish and cover with the lid.
- Cover the container with a thick cloth and leave in a warm place, such as an airing cupboard, overnight, until the milk clots.
- If a thermos flask is used you do not need a warm place!
People also searched
More about "whipped minted yoghurt food"
WHIPPED PEANUT BUTTER YOGURT BOWL - EATING BIRD FOOD
4.2/5 (47)Calories 308 per servingCategory Breakfast
- Whip yogurt: Add yogurt, nut butter and stevia into a small mixing bowl and whisk together using a spoon until the yogurt gets a bit fluffy. (I've only done it with a spoon but I'm sure it will work with an immersion blender or stand mixer as well!)
- Add toppings and serve: Portion yogurt into a bowl and top with granola, fruit and an extra drizzle of nut butter. Enjoy!
CREAMY WHIPPED GREEK YOGURT RECIPE - SERIOUS EATS
5/5 (4)Total Time 10 minsCuisine Greek, AmericanCalories 55 per serving
HOW TO MAKE WHIPPED GREEK YOGURT (AND WHY YOU’D …
WHIPPED YOGURT DESSERT | METRO
THE ONLY MINT YOGHURT RECIPE YOU NEED - BRAIN FOOD …
50 THINGS TO MAKE WITH YOGURT - FOOD NETWORK
COOKING WITH FRESH HERBS | VEGETARIAN JOURNAL | VEGETARIAN …
19 BABY YOGURT RECIPES TO WHIP UP FOR THE TINY TOT - DIYS.COM
WHIPPED FETA (EASY & CREAMY!) - TWO PEAS & THEIR POD
WHIPPED FETA - AHEAD OF THYME
WHIPPED FETA DIP RECIPE - SERIOUS EATS
THE BEST WHIPPED YOGURT RECIPE - SEASONED TO TASTE
YOGURT WHIP RECIPE – TASTY WHIPPED YOGURT DESSERT! - LIVING ON …
WHIPPED MINTED YOGHURT - CHAMPSDIET.COM
WHIPPED MINTED YOGHURT | RECIPES WIKI | FANDOM
5-MINUTE CREAMY WHIPPED FETA L THE MEDITERRANEAN DISH
Are you curently on diet or you just want to control your food's nutritions, ingredients? We will help you find recipes by cooking method, nutrition, ingredients...Check it out »
#15-minutes-or-less #time-to-make #course #main-ingredient #cuisine #preparation #occasion #south-west-pacific #low-protein #5-ingredients-or-less #breakfast #desserts #lunch #snacks #eggs-dairy #australian #easy #refrigerator #beginner-cook #potluck #dinner-party #fall #holiday-event #kid-friendly #picnic #spring #summer #vegetarian #frozen-desserts #stove-top #hawaiian #dietary #new-years #low-sodium #infant-baby-friendly #seasonal #comfort-food #wedding #independence-day #valentines-day #inexpensive #toddler-friendly #low-in-something #brunch #taste-mood #to-go #equipment #small-appliance #mixer
You'll also love