VEGETABLE LASAGNA WITH WHITE SAUCE
I am posting this recipe, by request. It is a very nice non-tomato sauce vegetarian lasagna. Not gluten-free!
Provided by Grannydragon
Yield 8 serving(s)
Number Of Ingredients 14
- Dice zucchini. Coarsely chop broccoli and spinach.
- In a nonstick 12 -inch skillet over medium heat, melt butter (or margarine), cook zucchini, broccoli, oregano, and 1/4 teaspoon of salt, stirring frequently, until vegetables are tender-crisp, about 5 minutes. Add Spinach and toss until wilted. remove skillet from heat.
- In medium bowl, with fork, mix ricotta and eggs; set aside.
- Prepare lasagna noodles as label directs. Drain.
- Meanwhile, preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- In 2-quart saucepan over medium heat, melt 3 tablespoons margarine (or butter). Stir in flour and 1/4 teaspoon salt until smooth. Gradually stir in milk; cook, stirring constantly until sauce comes to a boil and thickens. Remove saucepan from heat; stir in Parmesan cheese.
- In13-by-9-inch glass baking dish, layer half of the prepared lasagna noodles, half of the ricotta mixture, half of the vegetable mixture, and half of the mozzarella. Top with half of the sauce, then with the remaining noodles, ricotta, and vegetable mixture. Spoon remaining sauce over vegetable layer; arrange remaining mozzarella on top.
- Bake lasagna 40 to 45 minutes until hot and bubbly. Let lasagna stand 10 minutes for easier serving.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 494.4, Fat 26.6, SaturatedFat 15.7, Cholesterol 129.7, Sodium 586.8, Carbohydrate 39.6, Fiber 3.5, Sugar 3, Protein 25.4
You will never miss the meat in this vegetarian lasagna, with its hearty sauce of tomatoes, onions and carrots layered with spinach and creamy ricotta cheese. It's a comfort classic your family will love.
Provided by Food Network Kitchen
Yield 8 servings
Number Of Ingredients 20
- For the sauce: Put the olive oil and garlic in a medium pot over low heat. Cook the garlic, stirring occasionally at first and more often as it colors, until golden brown, about 7 minutes. Raise the heat to medium-low, add the onions and a large pinch of salt and cook, stirring occasionally, until the onions are softened, about 5 minutes. Add the carrots, and cook, stirring occasionally, until softened, about 5 minutes. Add the tomato paste and red pepper flakes, and cook, stirring constantly, for 2 minutes. Add the tomatoes, bay leaves, basil sprig, thyme and 1 teaspoon salt, raise the heat to medium and bring the sauce to a lively simmer. Continue to cook, stirring frequently, until quite thick (if you draw a spoon through the sauce, you'll see the bottom of the pot for a few seconds before the sauce fills back in), about 30 minutes. As the sauce thickens, turn the heat down a bit so the bottom doesn't scorch. Stir in the chopped basil. Let cool to room temperature before assembling the lasagna. (Makes 1 quart.)
- To assemble: Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F. Squeeze the spinach in your hands to remove as much liquid as possible. Put it in a large bowl, and stir in the ricotta, 1/2 cup of the Parmesan, the egg, 1 teaspoon salt and the nutmeg.
- Spread 3/4 cup of the tomato sauce on the bottom of a 9-by-13-inch baking dish. Lay 3 lasagna noodles across the sauce (they won't touch). Spread 3/4 cup tomato sauce on top. Dollop 1/3 of the ricotta mixture (about 1 cup) across the sauce, and use the back of a spoon to spread it (it will smush into the tomato sauce, which is fine). Scatter 1 cup of the mozzarella on top.
- Repeat the layering 2 more times. Top with the last 3 noodles, spread the last 3/4 cup tomato sauce over them and scatter the remaining 1 cup mozzarella and 1/4 cup Parmesan over the top. Spray a large piece of foil with cooking spray, and cover the baking dish.
- Bake until the noodles are soft and the cheese has melted, about 40 minutes. Remove the foil, and continue to bake until the cheese is bubbling and the lasagna is slightly browned around the edges, about 15 minutes more. Let rest 10 minutes before serving.
WHITE CHEESE CHICKEN LASAGNA
- Melt the butter in a large sauce pan over medium heat, and saute the onion and garlic until tender.
- Stir in the flour and salt, and simmer until bubbly.
- Mix in the broth and milk, and boil, stirring constantly, for 1 minute.
- Stir in 1/2 of the mozzarella cheese and 1/2 the Parmesan cheese.
- Season with the basil, oregano, and ground black pepper.
- Remove from heat and set aside.
- Preheat oven to 350F/175C.
- Bring a large pot of lightly salted water to a boil.
- Add lasagna noodles.
- Cook for 8 to 10 minutes, until al dente, and drain.
- Spread 1/3 of the sauce mixture in the bottom of a 9x13 inch baking dish.
- Cover with 1/3 of the noodles, ricotta, and chicken.
- Layer with 1/3 of the noodles, 1/3 of the sauce mixture, spinach, and the remaining mozzarella cheese and Parmesan cheese.
- Top with remaining noodles and sauce mixture, and sprinkle with parsley and Parmesan cheese.
- Bake 35 to 40 minutes.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 507.6, Fat 31.5, SaturatedFat 19, Cholesterol 101, Sodium 1038.4, Carbohydrate 28.7, Fiber 2.8, Sugar 2.3, Protein 28.1
WHITE CHEESE CHICKEN LASAGNA
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Bring a large pot of lightly salted water to a boil. Cook lasagna noodles in boiling water for 8 to 10 minutes. Drain, and rinse with cold water.
- Melt the butter in a large saucepan over medium heat. Cook the onion and garlic in the butter until tender, stirring frequently. Stir in the flour and salt, and simmer until bubbly. Mix in the broth and milk, and boil, stirring constantly, for 1 minute. Stir in 2 cups mozzarella cheese and 1/4 cup Parmesan cheese. Season with the basil, oregano, and ground black pepper. Remove from heat, and set aside.
- Spread 1/3 of the sauce mixture in the bottom of a 9x13 inch baking dish. Layer with 1/3 of the noodles, the ricotta, and the chicken. Arrange 1/3 of the noodles over the chicken, and layer with 1/3 of the sauce mixture, spinach, and the remaining 2 cups mozzarella cheese and 1/2 cup Parmesan cheese. Arrange remaining noodles over cheese, and spread remaining sauce evenly over noodles. Sprinkle with parsley and 1/4 cup Parmesan cheese.
- Bake 35 to 40 minutes in the preheated oven.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 368.9 calories, Carbohydrate 22.8 g, Cholesterol 77.1 mg, Fat 20.7 g, Fiber 2.4 g, Protein 23.7 g, SaturatedFat 12 g, Sodium 670.9 mg, Sugar 3.2 g
CHEESY VEGETABLE LASAGNA
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F (190 degrees C). Grease a 9x13-inch casserole dish.
- Bring a large pot of lightly salted water to a boil. Add lasagna noodles and cook for 8 to 10 minutes or until al dente; drain.
- Heat oil in a large cast iron skillet over medium heat. When oil is hot add broccoli, carrots, onions, bell peppers, zucchini and garlic. Saute for 7 minutes; set aside.
- Place flour in a medium saucepan and gradually whisk in milk until well blended. Bring to a boil over medium heat. Cook 5 minutes, or until thick, stirring constantly. Stir in 1/2 cup Parmesan cheese, salt and pepper; cook for 1 minute, stirring constantly. Remove from heat; stir in spinach. Reserve 1/2 cup spinach mixture. In a small bowl, combine cottage and ricotta cheeses; stir well.
- Spread about 1/2 cup of spinach mixture in the bottom of the prepared pan. Layer noodles, ricotta mixture, vegetables, spinach mixture, and 2 cups mozzarella cheese, ending with noodles. Top with reserved spinach mixture, 1/2 cup mozzarella cheese and 1/4 cup parmesan cheese.
- Bake in preheated oven for 35 minutes, or until lightly browned on top. Cool for approximately 10 minutes before serving.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 374.9 calories, Carbohydrate 37 g, Cholesterol 44.7 mg, Fat 14.9 g, Fiber 4 g, Protein 25 g, SaturatedFat 7.8 g, Sodium 529.9 mg, Sugar 7.4 g
CHEESY WHITE VEGETABLE LASAGNA
Give this white vegetable lasagna its creamy, cheesy appeal with Alfredo pasta sauce, melted mozzarella and cottage cheese. Cheesy White Vegetable Lasagna might be your new weeknight go-to!
Provided by My Food and Family
Yield 12 servings
Number Of Ingredients 15
- Heat oven to 375°F.
- Cut each zucchini lengthwise into 5 thin slices. Brush zucchini slices with 1 tsp. oil. Cook zucchini, in batches, in large skillet on medium-high heat 2 to 3 min. on each side or until crisp-tender. Cool.
- Meanwhile, heat remaining oil in same skillet on medium-high heat. Add carrots, onions and garlic; cook and stir 5 min. or until vegetables are crisp-tender. Stir in pasta sauce, basil and pepper. Bring to boil; cover. Simmer on medium-low heat 10 min., stirring occasionally.
- Combine mozzarella and Parmesan. Mix 1 cup mozzarella mixture with egg, cottage cheese and nutmeg. Layer 3 noodles, 1/3 sauce mixture, half the cottage cheese mixture, half the zucchini and 1/3 of the nuts in 8-inch square baking dish sprayed with cooking spray; repeat layers, alternating direction of zucchini in each layer. Top with remaining noodles, sauce and nuts.
- Bake, covered, 20 min. Uncover; sprinkle with remaining mozzarella mixture. Bake, uncovered, 20 min. or until heated through. Let stand 15 min. before cutting to serve.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 370, Fat 14 g, SaturatedFat 5 g, TransFat 0 g, Cholesterol 50 mg, Sodium 690 mg, Carbohydrate 0 g, Fiber 4 g, Sugar 0 g, Protein 19 g
People also searched
More about "white cheese vegetable lasagna food"
CHEESY WHITE LASAGNA RECIPE | CDKITCHEN.COM
10 BEST WHITE VEGETARIAN LASAGNA RECIPES | YUMMLY
WHITE CHEESE LASAGNA RECIPE - FOOD.COM
5/5 (6)Total Time 1 hr 39 minsCategory One Dish MealCalories 632 per serving
WHITE CHEESE VEGETABLE LASAGNA RECIPE - FOOD.COM
5/5 (2)Category One Dish MealAuthor SwampcatCalories 469 per serving
VEGETABLE LASAGNA RECIPE | FOOD NETWORK
Author Juan Carlos CruzSteps 5Difficulty Intermediate
BEST VEGETABLE LASAGNA WITH WHITE SAUCE - KEY TO MY …
LOADED VEGGIE WHITE LASAGNA - MY VEGETARIAN ROOTS
CHEESE VEGETABLE LASAGNA RECIPE - FOOD.COM
WHITE CHEESE VEGETABLE LASAGNA RECIPE - FOOD NEWS
WHITE VEGETABLE LASAGNA RECIPE BLOG - MAGNOLIA
WHITE VEGETABLE LASAGNA RECIPE - FOOD.COM
VEGETABLE LASAGNA WHITE RECIPES ALL YOU NEED IS FOOD
VEGETABLE LASAGNA WITH WHITE SAUCE - BROWNIE BITES BLOG
HEARTY VEGETABLE LASAGNA - STAGE.ELEMENT.ALLRECIPES.COM
10 BEST WHITE VEGETARIAN LASAGNA RECIPES | YUMMLY
CAST-IRON MUSHROOM LASAGNA | RACHAEL RAY | RECIPE - RACHAEL RAY …
WHITE LASAGNA: THE PERFECT RECIPE - LA CUCINA ITALIANA
#time-to-make #course #main-ingredient #cuisine #preparation #main-dish #vegetables #european #italian #dietary #one-dish-meal #low-carb #low-in-something #broccoli #carrots #squash #4-hours-or-less #zucchini
You'll also love
Top Asked Questions
Is there a vegetarian lasagna with white sauce?This Vegetable Lasagna with White Sauce is the best way to use up all of your garden vegetables! The cheesy vegetarian lasagna is layered with lasagna noodles, bechamel sauce, and garden veggies. This vegetable lasagna is so incredibly delicious!
What is the best way to make lasagna with vegetables?Grease your casserole dish, then spread a layer of the white sauce across the bottom. Follow that with a layer of the lasagna noodles. Add a layer of the vegetable mixture, then sprinkle a layer of mozzarella cheese over the vegetables. Follow that with a layer of white sauce, and another sprinkling of cheese.
What is the recipe for lasagna with ricotta cheese?In13-by-9-inch glass baking dish, layer half of the prepared lasagna noodles, half of the ricotta mixture, half of the vegetable mixture, and half of the mozzarella. Top with half of the sauce, then with the remaining noodles, ricotta, and vegetable mixture.
What is vegetarian lasagna made out of?You will never miss the meat in this vegetarian lasagna, with its hearty sauce of tomatoes, onions and carrots layered with spinach and creamy ricotta cheese. It's a comfort classic your family will love. For the sauce: Put the olive oil and garlic in a medium pot over low heat.