MEDITERRANEAN FISH SOUP
Provided by Food Network
Yield 6 main course servings
Number Of Ingredients 23
- In a 6 quart saucepan or soup pot, heat the oil over low heat. Add the onion, celery, and garlic and cook until tender, 6 to 8 minutes. Add the white wine, tomato paste, saffron, stock, crushed red pepper, orange juice, and orange zest and bring to a simmer. Cook uncovered, for about 45 minutes, or until liquid is reduced by about one-third.
- Add the fennel and tomatoes and cook until the fennel is tender, about 20 minutes. Season with salt and freshly ground black pepper, to taste.
- Season the fish fillets with salt and freshly ground black pepper. Cut the fillets into 1 1/2-inch chunks. Add the fish, shrimp, and parsley to the broth and allow to cook, gently stirring only once or twice, until the fish is cooked through, about 5 minutes. Serve in shallow bowls with garlic-rubbed croutons.
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F.
- Place the French bread slices on a small baking sheet and brush with the olive oil. Bake until golden brown and crispy, about 10 minutes. While still warm, rub each crouton with one of the cut sides of garlic.
Provided by Food Network
Yield 6 to 8 servings
Number Of Ingredients 39
- Heat a large heavy stockpot and to it add the olive oil. Add the fish bones and cook them over low heat, covered, until any flesh on them flakes from the bones. Add the vegetables and any shells from the shrimp, cover and cook over low heat until the vegetables sweat, about 10 minutes.
- Deglaze the pot with the wine, scraping up any particles sticking to the bottom of the pan. Stir in the saffron, thyme, and basil.
- Add the fish stock or water, and let the mixture gently boil for 1 hour. Then puree it in a food processor or pass it through a food mill. Pass the puree through a medium strainer into a clean stockpot. Stir in the Pernod. Season the base, to taste, with salt, pepper and cayenne. The soup should have a full-bodied flavor: If it seems weak, reduce it over low heat to concentrate the flavor.
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F.
- Skim any fish oil from the top of the soup and reserve it to stir into the rouille.
- Toast the croutons in the oven until golden, and then brush with rouille.
- Bring the soup to a boil. Add the shellfish and/or uncooked fish fillets to the soup, 1 variety at a time. Cook each until done; then remove from the soup and keep warm. (The lobsters will take about 10 minutes and their shells will be bright red when done; medium shrimp will take 3 or 4 minutes to cook; fish fillets from 1 to 7 minutes, depending on their thickness (they should remain slightly underdone); and the mussels and clams only cook for 3 to 5 minutes, until their shells open).
- Presentation: Place 1 crouton in the bottom of each large, shallow, heated soup plates. Then arrange the fish and/or shellfish around each crouton. Ladle the hot soup over all. Serve immediately. Pass additional rouille in a separate serving bowl.
- Clean the fish bones under cold running water, removing the gills from the head and any traces of blood on the frames.
- In a large saucepan, heat the oil. In it sweat the fish bones and vegetables over low heat, covered, for 10 minutes, stirring once or twice to prevent them from browning.
- Deglaze the pan with the wine, and then add enough water to cover the bones and vegetables by 2 inches. Add the bouquet garni and bring the liquid to a boil. Skim the froth from the surface, reduce the heat, and simmer the stock for 20 to 25 minutes.
- Strain the stock into a clean saucepan. Bring it to a boil and reduce it over medium heat to 1 quart.
- Note: Fish stock will keep in the refrigerator for 2 to 3 days or frozen for 2 to 3 weeks. After that time the flavor begins to fade.
- Yield: 1 quart
- Prep Time: 20 minutes
- Cook Time: 35 minutes
- In a bowl, whisk together the egg yolks, garlic, mustard, and chili flakes. Whisk in the oil in a very slow steady stream until the sauce begins to emulsify. Add the remaining oil in a thin stream until all of it is incorporated. Add the saffron. Thin the sauce with the stock and season, to taste, with lemon juice, salt, and pepper.
- Yield: 1 1/2 cups
- Prep Time: 10 minutes
SIMPLE SPICY FISH STEW
Perfect with some crusty bread, this simple healthy stew will soon become a favourite - make it with chicken if you prefer
Provided by Good Food team
Categories Dinner, Main course
Number Of Ingredients 9
- Heat oil in a saucepan. Tip in the garlic, cumin and paprika and cook for 1 min. Add 100ml water and the tomatoes. Bring to the boil, then turn down the heat. Add the pepper, simmer for 5 mins. Add the fish, simmer for 5 mins. Serve with coriander and a wedge of lemon.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 143 calories, Fat 4 grams fat, SaturatedFat 1 grams saturated fat, Carbohydrate 5 grams carbohydrates, Sugar 4 grams sugar, Fiber 1 grams fiber, Protein 2 grams protein, Sodium 0.28 milligram of sodium
People also searched
More about "white fish soup food"
CREAMY SEAFOOD CHOWDER - SPEND WITH PENNIES
5/5 (261)Total Time 30 minsCategory SoupCalories 577 per serving
- Cook onion in butter until tender. Add flour, Old Bay seasoning and thyme and cook 2-3 minutes.
- Add carrot, celery, potato, corn, broth and wine & bring to a boil. Reduce heat and simmer 10 minutes.
- Stir in seafood and cream. Cook until fish is fully cooked and flaky and potatoes are tender, about 8-10 minutes.
EASY MEDITERRANEAN-STYLE FISH SOUP | THE MEDITERRANEAN …
4.9/5 (167)Category DinnerCuisine MediterraneanCalories 207 per serving
- Season the fish with a good pinch of kosher salt and black pepper and 2 to 3 teaspoons of the spice mixture; toss to coat.
- In a large pot or Dutch oven, heat 3 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil over medium-high heat. Add the onions, bell peppers, celery, and garlic. Cook, tossing regularly, for 5 minutes or until the vegetables soften. Season with a good pinch of kosher salt and black pepper. Add the remainder of the spice mixture.
- Add the tomatoes, white wine, and chicken broth. Bring to a boil, then lower the heat to medium-low. Cover the pot part-way and let simmer for 20 minutes.
WHITE FISH STEW (BIANCO) - EATINGWELL
THE BEST WHITE FISH RECIPES
FISH SOUP RECIPES - BBC FOOD
10 BEST WHITE FISH SOUP RECIPES | YUMMLY
FISH CHOWDER SOUP | RECIPETIN EATS
4.9/5 (43)Total Time 35 minsCategory SoupCalories 418 per serving
WHITE FISH SOUP WITH SAFFRON – SUPERCHARGED FOOD
FISH SOUP RECIPES
20 FISH STEW RECIPES THAT ARE WARM AND COMFORTING
FISH SOUP (FLAVORFUL AND EASY!) - POSH JOURNAL
HOW TO MAKE FISH SOUP RECIPE - BBC FOOD
SEAFOOD SOUP | FISH RECIPES | JAMIE OLIVER
MILKY FISH SOUP WITH TOFU (鲫鱼豆腐汤) - THE WOKS OF LIFE
HOW TO CHOOSE THE BEST WHITE FISH FOR A RECIPE | KITCHN
EASY HOMEMADE ITALIAN FISH SOUP - AN ITALIAN IN MY KITCHEN
ROOT VEGETABLE AND WHITE FISH CREAM SOUP | RICARDO
Are you curently on diet or you just want to control your food's nutritions, ingredients? We will help you find recipes by cooking method, nutrition, ingredients...Check it out »
You'll also love