WILD RICE WITH MUSHROOMS
- Heat 2 tablespoons of the butter in a large saucepot over medium heat. Add the onion and saute until translucent, about 10 minutes. Add the rice and toast while stirring until it begins to smell nutty, about 1 minute. Add the chicken stock and bring to a boil, then reduce to a simmer, cover and cook on low until the water is absorbed, about 40 minutes.
- While the rice is cooking, heat the remaining 1 tablespoon butter along with the oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat. Add the button mushrooms, shiitake mushrooms and thyme and cook, stirring often until they begin to brown, about 10 minutes. Add the garlic, season with salt and pepper and cook until the garlic is fragrant, about 1 minute more.
- When the rice is cooked, fluff with a fork and gently fold in the mushrooms. Add to a serving bowl and sprinkle with the parsley before serving.
WILD RICE WITH MUSHROOMS, CRANBERRIES AND WALNUTS
Provided by Amanda Hesser
Categories side dish
Yield 6 - 8 servings
Number Of Ingredients 11
- Bring two medium pots salted water to a boil over high heat. Add wild rice to one and wheat berries to another, reduce heat to medium, and cook until tender, 30 to 35 minutes for wild rice and 20 to 25 minutes for wheat berries.
- While grains cook, put cranberries in small bowl, and cover with hot water. Soak 15 minutes, drain, and chop. Set aside.
- Heat canola oil in a medium skillet over medium heat. Add mushrooms, and sauté, stirring frequently, until mushrooms soften and begin to release their liquid, 8 to 10 minutes. Season lightly with salt and pepper, and transfer to a warm serving bowl. Stir in walnuts, shallots, parsley and cranberries.
- When grains are tender, drain them, and add them to bowl. Drizzle with walnut oil, and toss gently. Taste and add salt and pepper if necessary. Serve warm or at room temperature.
Nutrition Facts : @context http, Calories 469, UnsaturatedFat 19 grams, Carbohydrate 61 grams, Fat 22 grams, Fiber 8 grams, Protein 13 grams, SaturatedFat 2 grams, Sodium 356 milligrams, Sugar 11 grams, TransFat 0 grams
CRANBERRY WILD RICE
Nuts are a wonderful source of protein and nutrition so I look for ways to add them to all of my dishes. The addition of cranberries in this recipe makes it perfect for fall.-Dawn Bryant, Thedford, Nebraska
Provided by Taste of Home
Categories Side Dishes
Yield 4 servings.
Number Of Ingredients 8
- In a large saucepan, bring water and rice to a boil. Reduce heat; simmer, uncovered, for 50-60 minutes or until rice is tender., In a large skillet, saute the onion, cranberries and thyme in oil until onion is tender. Add garlic; cook 1 minute longer. Drain rice if needed; stir in onion mixture and pine nuts.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 238 calories, Fat 6g fat (1g saturated fat), Cholesterol 0 cholesterol, Sodium 1mg sodium, Carbohydrate 42g carbohydrate (11g sugars, Fiber 3g fiber), Protein 6g protein.
WILD RICE, CRANBERRY AND WALNUT SALAD
Wild rice is actually the seed of an aquatic grass, native to North America. High in protein and carbohydrates and low in fat, it has a distinctive nutty taste and dark brown colour, and is often added to rice mixes for visual appeal and flavour. To cook rice in the microwave, place rice in a microwave-safe bowl with 2 cups of hot water. Microwave on high (100%) for 11 to 14 minutes or until liquid has mostly evaporated. Stir rice with a fork to separate grains.
Provided by Sonya01
Yield 4 serving(s)
Number Of Ingredients 6
- Cook rice in a large saucepan of boiling water, following packet directions, until tender. Drain. Set aside to cool (see note).
- Combine rice, cranberries, celery and walnuts in a bowl.
- Place oil and vinegar in a screw-top jar. Season with salt and pepper. Secure lid. Shake to combine. Drizzle over salad. Toss to combine. Serve.
WILD RICE PILAF WITH CRANBERRIES
Provided by Florence Fabricant
Categories side dish
Yield 8 - 10 servings
Number Of Ingredients 9
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- In a heavy ovenproof casserole, heat the butter or oil. Add the celery and onion and saute over medium heat until tender. Stir in the mushrooms and cranberries and saute until softened.
- Stir in the wild rice and the stock. Bring to a simmer and season with salt and pepper.
- Put in the oven and bake one hour and 15 minutes. Remove from the oven and set aside, covered, for 15 minutes before serving.
Nutrition Facts : @context http, Calories 267, UnsaturatedFat 6 grams, Carbohydrate 42 grams, Fat 8 grams, Fiber 4 grams, Protein 9 grams, SaturatedFat 1 gram, Sodium 535 milligrams, Sugar 12 grams, TransFat 0 grams
More about "wild rice with mushrooms cranberries and walnuts food"
WILD RICE WITH MUSHROOMS, CRANBERRIES, AND CHESTNUTS …
3.3/5 (3)Total Time 1 hr 30 mins
- Stir together rice, 2 1/2 cups chicken broth, bay leaves, and 1/4 teaspoon salt in a medium saucepan. Bring to a boil over high. Reduce heat to low, cover, and simmer until liquid is absorbed, 40 to 45 minutes. Remove from heat, and let stand, covered, until rice is tender, about 10 minutes. Fluff with a fork, and set aside.
- While rice cooks, heat 2 tablespoons oil in a large skillet over medium. Add leeks, carrots, celery, shallots, and garlic, and cook, stirring occasionally, until leeks are crisp-tender, about 8 minutes. Add chopped sage and thyme leaves, and cook, stirring constantly, until fragrant, about 1 minute. Add mushrooms and remaining 1 tablespoon oil, and cook, stirring often, until mushrooms are tender and lightly browned, 10 to 15 minutes. Transfer mushroom mixture to a large bowl; fold in wild rice, cranberries, chestnuts, remaining 1/4 cup chicken broth, remaining 1 1/4 teaspoons salt, and, if using, truffle oil until well mixed. Transfer to a serving dish, and top with sage leaves.
WILD RICE AND MUSHROOM PILAF WITH CRANBERRIES - REAL …
4.1/5 Total Time 55 minsSaturated Fat 1g 5%Calories 222 per serving
- Cook the rice blend according to the package directions. Fold in the cranberries, cover, and let stand for 10 minutes.
- Meanwhile, heat the oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat. Add the onion and cook, stirring frequently, until tender, 5 to 7 minutes. Add the mushrooms, ½ teaspoon salt, and ¼ teaspoon pepper and cook, tossing frequently, until tender, 6 to 8 minutes more. Add the wine and simmer until evaporated, about 1 minute. Stir in the parsley and tarragon.
WILD RICE PILAF WITH CRANBERRIES AND WALNUTS | RICARDO
QUICK SIDE DISH! WILD RICE WITH CRANBERRIES & WALNUTS
RECIPE: WILD RICE AND CRANBERRY STUFFING WITH WALNUTS
SEAN SHERMAN'S WILD RICE PILAF | KITCHN
VEGAN MUSHROOM AND CRANBERRY WILD RICE PILAF
WILD RICE SALAD WITH MUSHROOMS AND HERBS - MINIMALIST …
5/5 (7)Calories 211 per servingCategory Side
WILD RICE STUFFING - THE SPRUCE EATS
VEGETARIAN WILD RICE STUFFED MUSHROOMS - LEXI'S CLEAN KITCHEN
WILD RICE SALAD WITH MUSHROOMS, CRANBERRIES, AND WALNUT OIL
STUFFED SQUASH WITH WILD RICE & MUSHROOMS - THE LAST FOOD BLOG
WILD RICE WITH CRANBERRIES AND WALNUTS | METRO
WILD RICE WITH MUSHROOM, CRANBERRIES AND WALNUTS | THANKSGIVING …
WILD RICE STUFFING WITH MUSHROOMS AND CRANBERRIES
Are you curently on diet or you just want to control your food's nutritions, ingredients? We will help you find recipes by cooking method, nutrition, ingredients...Check it out »
You'll also love