BEST CLASSIC POTATO SALAD
Creamy, tangy, and crunchy, with a hint of spice and sweetness from pickles, this reminds me of my grandmother's potato salad served every Easter or any time we had barbecue. She always dotted it with olives for a finishing touch and a perfect briny addition. This is the best classic version of good old-fashioned, Southern-style potato salad. Not too mayonaissey with just the right amount of tang! Serve with grilled or smoked meats as the perfect side dish.
Provided by NicoleMcmom
Number Of Ingredients 13
- Cut potatoes into 1 1/2-inch pieces. Place in a large pot and add water to cover by 2 inches. Add 3 teaspoons salt and eggs; bring to a boil over medium-high heat.
- Reduce heat and simmer 9 minutes. Remove eggs to an ice bath. Drain potatoes when fork-tender; they may need another minute or so.
- Peel and chop eggs and set aside.
- Combine mayonnaise, sour cream, mustard, onions, celery, dill, pickles, juice and pepper in a large bowl; stir to combine. Stir in potatoes and eggs until well blended, mashing potatoes very slightly. Check for seasoning and add up to 1 teaspoon salt if desired.
- Transfer to a serving bowl, sprinkle with paprika, and garnish with olives. Cover and refrigerate at least 2 hours or overnight.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 329.9 calories, Carbohydrate 36.5 g, Cholesterol 71.8 mg, Fat 18.3 g, Fiber 3 g, Protein 6.9 g, SaturatedFat 3.6 g, Sodium 947 mg, Sugar 1.9 g
THE BEST POTATO SALAD
- Place the eggs into a saucepan in a single layer and fill with water to cover the eggs by 1 inch. Cover the saucepan and bring the water to a boil over high heat. Remove from the heat and let the eggs stand in the hot water for 15 minutes. Pour out the hot water; cool the eggs under cold running water in the sink. Peel and chop the cooled eggs.
- Place the potatoes into a large pot and cover with water. Bring to a boil over high heat, then reduce heat to medium-low, cover, and simmer until tender, 15 to 20 minutes. Drain and refrigerate until cold. Peel and cube once cold.
- Stir together the mayonnaise, ranch dressing, relish, mustard, salt, pepper, paprika, and celery seed in a mixing bowl. Add the eggs, potatoes, onion, pepperoncini, and olives; stir until evenly mixed. Cover and refrigerate at least 2 hours before serving.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 364.7 calories, Carbohydrate 34.7 g, Cholesterol 102.2 mg, Fat 22.9 g, Fiber 3.4 g, Protein 6.5 g, SaturatedFat 3.8 g, Sodium 784.5 mg, Sugar 2.9 g
WORLD'S BEST CREAMY POTATO SALAD
A creamy, rich potato salad and the dressing is what makes it special. Make it your own by adding whatever you like (sweet pickle relish, Miracle Whip etc.). Adapted from a recipe on Allrecipes.com.
Provided by Marich
Categories Salad Dressings
Yield 6 serving(s)
Number Of Ingredients 14
- Boil potatoes till tender. Drain, peel and dice to desired size. Transfer to a large bowl and toss with the onion, celery, salt and eggs.
- While potatoes are cooking, whisk together the beaten eggs, sugar, cornstarch and salt. Stir in the vinegar, evaporated milk and mustard. Cook over medium heat stirring until thickened (about 10 minutes). Remove from heat and stir in the butter. Refrigerate until cool then stir in the mayo.
- Gently add the dressing to the potato mixture until coated. Chill several hours or overnite.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 589.2, Fat 29.1, SaturatedFat 10, Cholesterol 285.4, Sodium 890.1, Carbohydrate 68.1, Fiber 5.2, Sugar 21.9, Protein 15
WORLD'S BEST POTATO SALAD
This is a zesty potato salad that you enjoy at the meal, and you find yourself picking at it in between meals.
Provided by Robert Clickner
Yield 24 serving(s)
Number Of Ingredients 18
- Peel and wash potatoes; cook in boiling water until just fork tender (do not over cook).
- Cool and dice approximately 1/2 x 1/2-inch; combine with all other diced items (onions, pickles, pepperoni, cheeses, celery and black olives). Fold all of these ingredients gently with 1/2 cup of mayonnaise until mixed.
- Refrigerate for at least a couple of hours, overnight is even better (this is important).
- Add all spices and the rest of mayonnaise and minced garlic; gently fold until mixed. Refrigerate 30 minutes to 1 hour before serving.
WORLD'S BEST POTATO SALAD
- Place the potatoes into a large pot, and fill with enough water to cover. Bring to a boil, and cook for about 20 minutes, or until easily pierced with a fork. Drain. Cool, peel and dice. Transfer to a large bowl, and toss with the onion, celery, 1 teaspoon of salt, and hard-cooked eggs.
- While the potatoes are cooking, whisk together 2 eggs, sugar, cornstarch, and salt in a saucepan. Stir in the vinegar, milk, and mustard. Cook over medium heat, stirring frequently, until thickened, about 10 minutes. Remove from heat, and stir in the butter. Refrigerate until cool, then stir in the mayonnaise.
- Stir the dressing into the bowl of potato salad gently until evenly coated. Chill several hours or overnight before serving for best flavor.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 555.3 calories, Carbohydrate 26.7 g, Cholesterol 315 mg, Fat 45.6 g, Fiber 1.2 g, Protein 11.3 g, SaturatedFat 12.5 g, Sodium 790.1 mg, Sugar 21.2 g
BEST POTATO SALAD
Although I like to try other potato salad recipes, I always come back to this one that I have been making for a while. Combined several recipes and came up with this one.
Provided by Nimz_
Yield 6-8 serving(s)
Number Of Ingredients 11
- DRESSING: Combine Miracle Whip, or Mayo, mustard, celery seed, salt and pepper. Mix well.
- Combine potatoes, eggs, onion, celery and pickle.
- Add dressing to potato mixture and mix lightly.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 216.2, Fat 9.9, SaturatedFat 1.8, Cholesterol 73.3, Sodium 670.4, Carbohydrate 27, Fiber 2.8, Sugar 7.2, Protein 4.7
People also searched
More about "worlds best potato salad food"
WORLD’S BEST POTATO SALAD – PHILLY JAY COOKING
WE TRIED 4 FAMOUS POTATO SALAD RECIPES - HERE'S THE …
WORLD'S BEST POTATO SALAD RECIPE - FOOD.COM
Servings 8-10Total Time 1 hr 15 minsCategory PotatoCalories 327 per serving
WHAT ARE THE BEST POTATOES FOR POTATO SALAD? - ALLRECIPES
NO - MIX POTATO SALAD | CHRISTMAS LUNCH RECIPES | THE COOK UP
WORLD'S BEST POTATO SALAD RECIPE | ALLRECIPES
HOW TO MAKE WORLD'S BEST POTATO SALAD - FOOD NEWS
WORLDS BEST POTATO SALAD RECIPE RECIPES ALL YOU NEED IS FOOD
WORLDS BEST POTATO SALAD RECIPES ALL YOU NEED IS FOOD
BEST CLASSIC POTATO SALAD RECIPE - HOW TO MAKE EASY POTATO SALAD
WORLD'S BEST POTATO SALAD | RECIPESTY
TOP 46 BEST POTATO SALAD RECIPE RECIPES
TOP 44 THE BEST POTATO SALAD RECIPE RECIPES
HOW TO MAKE WORLD'S BEST POTATO SALAD - YOUTUBE
WORLD'S GREATEST POTATO SALAD RECIPE - FOOD.COM
TOP 40 BEST POTATO SALAD RECIPE FOODCOM RECIPES
THE 10 BEST TASTE OF HOME POTATO SALAD RECIPES (WITH VIDEO)
TOP 50 BEST POTATO SALAD RECIPE WITH BACON RECIPES
TRADITIONAL POTATO SALAD RECIPES FROM AROUND THE WORLD
You'll also love
Top Asked Questions
How to make potato salad at home?Directions 1 Place the potatoes into a large pot, and fill with enough water to cover. ... 2 While the potatoes are cooking, whisk together 2 eggs, sugar, cornstarch, and salt in a saucepan. Stir in the vinegar, milk, and mustard. ... 3 Stir the dressing into the bowl of potato salad gently until evenly coated. ...
What are the different types of potatoes for potato salad?Here's the low-down on each of the three main categories (waxy, all-purpose, and starchy) and whether they'll work in your potato salad: Waxy potatoes are low in starch, but high in sugar and water. This means they hold their shape even after they're cooked and they're less grainy than starchy potatoes.
How to make the perfect potato and egg salad?Peel, slice, and dice the potatoes. 2. Fill a large pot with cool water, then add in the potatoes. 3. Place the pot of potatoes over high heat and cook until they’re fork-tender. Once done strain the water and set aside to chill. 4. Meanwhile, add eggs to a small pot and cover with cool water by 1 inch. 5.
Is potato salad the king of all salads?It’s that time of the year again where we pull out our grills and throw big cookouts so you know I have to show yall my famous potato salad recipe because you can’t have a cookout without it. Potato salad is an American classic summer dish and the KING OF ALL SALADS!