VANILLA PEAR MUFFINS
Vanilla and pear are a flavor-match made in heaven. Tender, light, and moist, and with the added goodness of whole wheat flour, these sweet vanilla pear muffins are great for breakfast or a snack. Store in an airtight container in the refrigerator for up to 3 days. These muffins do not freeze well.
Provided by Alberta Rose
Number Of Ingredients 11
- Preheat oven to 450 degrees F (230 degrees C). Grease or line 12 muffin cups with paper liners.
- Whisk whole wheat flour, all-purpose flour, sugar, baking powder, and salt together in a bowl. Whisk yogurt, oil, egg, and vanilla extract together in a separate bowl until smooth. Stir yogurt mixture into flour mixture until batter is just mixed; fold in pear and pecans. Spoon batter into the prepared muffin cups.
- Place muffin tin in the preheated oven; reduce heat to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Bake until tops of muffins are browned and a toothpick inserted in the middle comes out clean, 20 to 25 minutes. Cool in the tin for 5 minutes before transferring to a wire rack to cool completely.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 240.2 calories, Carbohydrate 28.2 g, Cholesterol 16 mg, Fat 13.4 g, Fiber 2.2 g, Protein 3.4 g, SaturatedFat 1.2 g, Sodium 171.2 mg, Sugar 15.6 g
LOW FAT PEAR MUFFINS
According to about.com, these pear muffins are a delightful Fall treat. Cinnamon, ginger and nutmeg add a nice flavor. As always, these muffins are at their best warm from the oven, but they freeze well, too. I can't wait to try them on a crisp Autumn morning.
Provided by Kree6528
Categories Quick Breads
Yield 12 muffins, 12 serving(s)
Number Of Ingredients 12
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees. Coat a 12-cup muffin pan with nonstick cooking spray or line with paper muffin cups.
- Combine flour, sugar, baking powder and spices in a large bowl. In a medium bowl, combine milk, egg and canola oil.
- Make a well in the center of the dry ingredients and add milk mixture. Stir until just moist. Fold in chopped pear.
- Spoon batter into muffin cups, filling them 2/3 full, and bake for 20 minutes.
- Preheat oven to 375°F Line a 12-cup muffin tin with baking cups.
- In a large bowl, whisk together flours, baking powder, salt, cinnamon and ginger.
- In a medium bowl, cream butter with brown sugar. Beat in eggs one by one, followed by yogurt. Pour egg mixture into flour mixture, stirring until just combined. Mixture will be thick. Add pears and stir just until well distributed.
- Fill muffin cups evenly with the mixture. Each cup should be quite full.
- Bake at 375F for 17-20 minutes, until a tester comes out clean.
- Cool on a wire rack. Serve warm or cold.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 167.2, Fat 3.4, SaturatedFat 1.7, Cholesterol 37.4, Sodium 195.3, Carbohydrate 31.9, Fiber 2, Sugar 16.5, Protein 3.6
PEAR PECAN MUFFINS
- In a bowl, mix together the first 5 ingredients.
- In a second bowl, mix together eggs, oil, and vanilla.
- Make a well in the dry ingredients; pour liquid ingredients into center of well; stir until dry ingredients are just moistened.
- Fold in the pears and pecans.
- Fill paper lined muffin cups two-third full.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 25-30 minutes or until test done.
- Cool for 5 minutes before removing from pan to wire rack to complete cooling.
SPICED PEAR MUFFINS
- Preheat oven to 400.
- Lightly spoon flours into dry measuring cups; level with a knife.
- Combine flours, baking powder, baking soda, and salt in a medium bowl; stir well with a whisk.
- Stir in chopped walnuts.
- Make a well in center of mixture.
- Combine brown sugar, cinnamon, ginger, oil, vanilla extract, yogurt and egg in a small bowl; add to the flour mixture, stirring just until moist.
- Fold in diced pear.
- Spoon batter into 15 muffin cups coated with cooking spray; sprinkle batter with turbinado sugar.
- Bake at 400 for 20 minutes or until muffins spring back when touched lightly in center.
- Remove from pans immediately.
- Place on a wire rack.
- Serve either warm or eat room temperature.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 142.9, Fat 4.9, SaturatedFat 0.7, Cholesterol 14.4, Sodium 188.6, Carbohydrate 22.4, Fiber 1.4, Sugar 12.4, Protein 3.2
A recipe from Ricardo. It's a recipe for diabetic people. It doesn't have sugar but has honey to sweeten them.
Provided by Boomette
Categories Quick Breads
Yield 12 serving(s)
Number Of Ingredients 13
- Put the rack in the middle of the oven. Preheat at 350°F Grease 12 muffin tins or use paper cup.
- Drain pears, reserve the juice and cut the pears in dice. You should have 3/4 cup of juice, if not add water to have 3/4 cup liquid.
- In a large bowl, mix dry ingredients. Set aside.
- In another bowl, mix honey and butter with a whisk. Incorporate the eggs, pear juice and pears. Pour on the dry ingredients and stir delicately with a fork just enough to wet the flour.
- Distribute the dough in the muffin tins. Sprinkle with almonds and put a dash of honey on top.
- Cook in oven for about 30 minutes or until a tooth-pick inserted in the middle comes out clean. Unmold and let cool on a rack.
People also searched
More about "yumyumpearmuffins food"
YUM! YUM! PEAR MUFFINS RECIPE - FOOD.COM
5/5 (4)Total Time 30 minsCategory Quick BreadsCalories 173 per serving
YUM! YUM! PEAR MUFFINS (KITCHENPC)
TRINITY FOOD TRUCK - SEATTLE, WA
PEAR MUFFINS | RICARDO
PEAR MUFFINS - EVERYDAY DELICIOUS
YUMMY YUM YUM! - MON AMI GABI, RESTON TRAVELLER REVIEWS
YUMYUM PET PRODUCTS – LICK YOU SILLY PET PRODUCTS SHOP
YUM YUM BROWNIE MUFFINS | HUNGRY GIRL
PUMPKIN PEAR MUFFINS RECIPE - FOOD.COM
PEAR OAT MUFFINS RECIPE - FOOD.COM
YUM! - JACKSON'S MIGHTY FOOD AND LUCKY LOUNGE - TRIPADVISOR.CA
YUM! - MON AMI GABI, RESTON TRAVELLER REVIEWS - TRIPADVISOR
SEARCH RESTON JOBS AT WEGMANS FOOD MARKETS
You'll also love
Top Asked Questions
How to make yogurt muffins with yogurt?Whisk whole wheat flour, all-purpose flour, sugar, baking powder, and salt together in a bowl. Whisk yogurt, oil, egg, and vanilla extract together in a separate bowl until smooth. Stir yogurt mixture into flour mixture until batter is just mixed; fold in pear and pecans. Spoon batter into the prepared muffin cups.
What are blueberry muffins made of?They have a very tender crumb and crunchy walnut cinnamon sugar topping. This blueberry muffin recipe uses regular ingredients that you will find in any grocery store (flour, eggs, baking powder, baking soda, yogurt, sugar, butter, vanilla, pears, walnuts, spices). I would only like to talk a little bit about the following ingredients:
What is the best topping to put on pear muffins?My favorite topping for pear muffins is a mixture of brown sugar, cinnamon, and walnuts. You could also make cinnamon crumble to top them: simply combine 5 tablespoons flour (45g), 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon, 1/4 cup light brown sugar (50g), and 2 tablespoons soft butter (30g).
What do pear muffins taste like?These pear muffins are moist, well-spiced, and filled with lots of pear chunks. They make an easy and delicious fall dessert. They have a very tender crumb and crunchy walnut cinnamon sugar topping.